• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Believe it or not they work. Fairly accurate and reliably go bang.Better than no gun! View attachment 263162

Tbh, I’ve had fewer problems with hi points I’ve owned than “big name” stuff. Highly reliable and accurate. Highly ugly and clunky too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JedClpIT

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Thankfully, I have options and the "no gun" option is long since gone. Therefore a Sh!ty gun is not an option. We ran the option in high school, never liked it.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thankfully, I have options and the "no gun" option is long since gone. Therefore a Sh!ty gun is not an option. We ran the option in high school, never liked it.

What was wrong with your hi point that you considered it shi**y?

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I don't think I'd put an optic on one, but they work, they're cheap, and they make a great addition to a ditch bag or for the tacklebox. If it gets lost or stolen, you're only out about 150 bucks. Yeah, they're ugly, they're big, but they're a great gun to use and abuse and put away dirty without having to feel guilty about after.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was at the range one day with a friend who was telling me how nice his Kahr 9 mm was. We were shooting alongside each other, and I pulled out a Hi Point. I out shot his Kahr. Then we traded guns, so he now had the Hi Point and out shot me using his Kahr. Also, the Kahr had a FTE, the Hi Point ran flawlessly. Hey, it's ugly but it works!

JedClpIT

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Yeah, I been drink'n... Think'n about getting a High Point. They can't be that bad.
    I could keep it wiped clean in a bag. Ya never know when that could come in handy.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Yes. Your quote was movie accurate.

My wording should’ve been adjusted to make my sarcasm more evident.

Bottom line: when you buy your Hi-Point, you will realize you’ve gone too far.

Or so I’ve heard. I haven’t brought one of those HotWheels “metal” wunder-blusses into my stable.

1704940207309.gif

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Watch Demo Ranch’s older video on trying to destroy Hi-points! Interesting results!
    The pistols are too big and heavy for my liking but the rifles, although still ugly, are more desirable to me!
    But whatever handgun you talk about, I always get a kick out of people talking about how accurate a handgun is! Almost without question, the projectile comes out of the barrel straight and spinning and will maintain that straight line until it hits something or something hits it! The question is, how straight can you point and shoot it? For me, so,so! I do better with shotguns!

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Watch Demo Ranch’s older video on trying to destroy Hi-points! Interesting results!
    The pistols are too big and heavy for my liking but the rifles, although still ugly, are more desirable to me!
    But whatever handgun you talk about, I always get a kick out of people talking about how accurate a handgun is! Almost without question, the projectile comes out of the barrel straight and spinning and will maintain that straight line until it hits something or something hits it! The question is, how straight can you point and shoot it? For me, so,so! I do better with shotguns!

Agreed on the carbine. I had a hi point pistol I bought shortly after I turned 21 as my first pistol. Had the thing over 15 years with several thousand rounds down the pipe without issue (or cleaning ). It was just so big and clunky and not a carry gun. It killed a bunch of armadillos over the years though! At the beginning of Covid, I sold it for more than I paid for it new.

I have the original 995 carbine that I bought used 20 years ago when I turned 18 so not sure how old it actually is. Put thousands of rounds through that too. Last year the slide was starting to feel a little sloppy though it still cycled fine. For $30 to ship it to them, they completely rebuilt it. Almost everything but the barrel and frame replaced. All internals, trigger group, safety, slide, all springs, shoot even the stock ahd sights! Didn’t charge me a dime and had it back 2 weeks after I shipped. Great service, especially considering I bought it used, years ago! That thing drills tacks and is absolutely reliable. My wife prefers it as her bedside gun and I’d absolutely count on it to protect her in an emergency.

I’m also a shotgun guy.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom