Caveman94

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Price
    $0-15,000
    Item Location
    Navarre
    Wife and I are looking for a 2003-2009 Lexus GX470. Mileage isn’t a concern as much as documentation of maintenance is. Anyone by chance have one they would be willing to sell? Or know someone? I don’t have FB or social media by the way

Thanks in advanced

Caveman94

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    FWIW, the Toyota Sequoias of that vintage are pretty much the same vehicle as the Lexus 470. Good luck!
    We looked at sequoias and I like them, but the GX has more features I’m personally looking for (center locking differential, 4wd, more towing capabilities, more “bells and whistles” for the wife) and they have a better ride. Plus it’s the same drivetrain as my 2005 4Runner (we have 3 Toyota’s) so I know the engine and issues inside and out.

Plus for some reason the GXs are always taken way better care of than sequoias. Thanks soccer moms and grocery getter lol

SpeedoJosh

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We looked at sequoias and I like them, but the GX has more features I’m personally looking for (center locking differential, 4wd, more towing capabilities, more “bells and whistles” for the wife) and they have a better ride. Plus it’s the same drivetrain as my 2005 4Runner (we have 3 Toyota’s) so I know the engine and issues inside and out.

Plus for some reason the GXs are always taken way better care of than sequoias. Thanks soccer moms and grocery getter lol
    Best of luck. My brother looked for months. Good deals are snagged instantly and resold. What's left are beaters with shady history, and auction rust buckets from up North. Think we looked at every one listed online in person, and all were janky.

He finally just snagged a clean Sequoia. Which doesn't have the white paint issue, and the air suspension issues, so he's happy. Those GX's though sure look nice when done up. FB marketplace was the best avenue for finding them from honest private sellers, but had to act quick. Missed out on a couple that just sold too fast.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I recently bought a one owner 2000 Toyota 4runner Limited. Regular maintenance done at Toyota with 124,000 miles from a neighbor going into a nursing home. Still looks fairly new, easy to work on without a lot of computers. Paid $7,500. Worth every penny and probably a much better built vehicle than most new ones out there!

Caveman94

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Best of luck. My brother looked for months. Good deals are snagged instantly and resold. What's left are beaters with shady history, and auction rust buckets from up North. Think we looked at every one listed online in person, and all were janky.

He finally just snagged a clean Sequoia. Which doesn't have the white paint issue, and the air suspension issues, so he's happy. Those GX's though sure look nice when done up. FB marketplace was the best avenue for finding them from honest private sellers, but had to act quick. Missed out on a couple that just sold too fast.
    I may just have to reset my Facebook that I haven’t been on for years and go that route. Got off of it due to finding myself on Facebook for hours every day wasting time.

But everything you said about the issues is correct. The other big issues is when owners don’t use the differential lock or 4wd every now and then, the gears will lock up and that’s another big fix.

Caveman94

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I recently bought a one owner 2000 Toyota 4runner Limited. Regular maintenance done at Toyota with 124,000 miles from a neighbor going into a nursing home. Still looks fairly new, easy to work on without a lot of computers. Paid $7,500. Worth every penny and probably a much better built vehicle than most new ones out there!
    Yep I love my 2000 as well. Wish it was a 4x4 but for what I bought it for with 164,000 I couldn’t pass it up. But I like my 2005 better so when we get the GX (if ever lol) then the 2000 is going to be sold

Top Bottom