• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Even with a time machine going back ten years it would cost $130-$150. I probably overpaid a little back then, but they are sure beautiful now.

bjs193

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I might get flogged for saying this, but I own both and prefer my marlin 60 over the 10/22. It's an older model with the longer barrel. shoots great! Even makes me look like I know wth I'm doing.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    no flog'n intended.... but once you make the 10/22 a shooter, it becomes the best because you have invested 3x what it cost and 5x what others cost.
    I think this calls for a thread about......pics of yur rimfire rifles from hell !!!!!!
    I have several that will lite a match ona nats @$$ @ 50 paces.................:party:
    marlins, rugers, Jackson's & believe it or not,,,even a stock nylon 66 that loves winny subsonic 40gr.
    someone start the thread in the right section and i'll contribute with pics.

Last edited:

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No Flogging I agree with you I love my marlin model 60. I prefer the tube fed, never lose the clip.
    I might get flogged for saying this, but I own both and prefer my marlin 60 over the 10/22. It's an older model with the longer barrel. shoots great! Even makes me look like I know wth I'm doing.

Gunslinger82

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a real beater stainless 10/22 at Tradewinds about a year ago for $125. I kept the receiver for a bench rest project and sold the rest of the parts for $175....:p

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm really missing out. I gave one to Waterfront Rescue Mission a month ago. Just a few days ago, I sold 4 bricks of 555 for 22 bucks a pack... Hell, I made $3.50 a brick... was I scalping?

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Id take a 60 over a 10/22 any day. Piss on ole Billy Ruger, sell out. Never owned a Ruger firearm and never will..

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you want an accuracy project a standard 10/22 is a fine starting point.
    If you want accuracy "stock from the box":
    Go bolt instead of semi-auto.
    Go Marlin 880SQ if you can find one!!!

bjs193

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well yea, that's true. A bolt is always going to be more accurate. I guess we're talking about semi autos here. I have a marlin bolt 22 magnum. never been fired. damn shame!

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry for the derail... I've got a rem mod 5. It's made in Serbia. One of the most accurate bolt guns I've owned. It shoots as well as a ruger 10-22 that has a Clark barrel. Good Luck with your search for the Ruger.

Top Bottom