• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blazein

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I highly recommend the RCBS Rock Chucker. based on you budget you can get a full kit or start simple and buy a press, die set (matching shell holder), powder
    measure (cups or scale), lube and lube pad, deburr tool and a caliper. You do not need a separate crimp tool, powder measure "device" or case trimmer (yet). You can drill a boards to hold casings. You need a good data source: either a book or computer site.

Read everything that comes with the components. If you can sit in and get educated buy an active reloader you are ahead of the game. You read all the info to get a foundation AND to ask questions incase your "tudor" cuts corners.

Enjoy
    Thanks guys this sounds like some really good info. I have not stopped reading or watching videos since I got her nod of approval!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've done 380APC to .300 WHBY Mag on my Chucker. 35 years and still stroking smooth. There's faster rigs for a lot more money but you can not beat the accuracy of building your own. Again it all depends how exact and detailed you want to be. I was never too fussy with handgun stuff even for matches. Long bolt guns ammo is tack drivers. Not to fussy with the 5.56 stuff either.

Top Bottom