• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blazein

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wife just told me I should be reloading my own stuff rather than depending on retail resources. Im a poor guy but where and what kinda newbe kit can I get for rifle and hand gun rounds. Thinkin I need to strike while the iron is hot

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    get the lee challenger kit it has everything a newbie needs. save your $$ now you can upgrade later. I still use my lee press and a few lee dies and ive been loading 8yrs now.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can find the hardware but good luck on primers, powder, and some bullets.
    The Spanish Fort Bass Pro had one pound of powder in stock today. At least it was what I was looking for. Zero primers in stock except for a few shotgun primers.

losracani

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    how long did it take last time for it to recover? I'm down to a handful of 22lr, ten 12 ga shells, 250 rds mak, 12 arrows, 3 throwing knives, 1 bo staff and 1 jo staff.
    I just got all this reloading stuff right before the shooting and it is all just sitting there. I was lucky to find 1 lb of powder and 1000 primers. bullets and casings are no where to be found. hopefully soon.

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What caliber of bullets are you looking for. I just ordered 2k of 223 yesterday from cabelas. Will be here 2/5. There are bullets out there, just have to stay after it to find them. Ordered 9mm from Midway last week. Good Luck

losracani

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i'll check out the 9mm but i'm looking at 380 and 9mm. thanks.

and just in case, I just bought three more throwing knives :fencing:

Last edited:

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Components pop up on gunbroker.com all the time, they're not cheap but they can be had. I sure hope ya'll are right and this is just a temporary situation but for the commie n chief to do to this country what his puppetmasters want, the right of the people to keep and bear arms must be infringed, severely.

Rick

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    RCBS makes a nice kit, also i went to styx river yesterday and they had tons of powder, bullets and i even found some spent brass for my 6.8. Good luck

Giortire

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was in Ranger this weekend, and reloading supplies were lower then I had ever seen them there. I asked the guy at checkout when they would get more Unique powder in, and he said they had no idea. Nothing but 95 gn bullets in 9mm.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    +1 on the RCBS Rockchucker Kit. Depending on the number of calibers you will reload for you may want to check into using the Hornady Lock-N-Load bushing system. It makes caliber changes fast and easy. Later if you upgrade to a progressive press you will still use the single stage Rockchucker for rifle reloading and a variety of other task. It will not be money wasted.

Nothing wrong with the Lee press, some folks like them, some folks don't.

Idoono

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the stock of supplies will return once the panic is over just be patient. Its like 4 yrs ago all over again.

FK patience, I want to shoot something.

I actually have plenty of ammo on hand. I just want to experiment with some new loads and can't find the components to play with.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FK patience, I want to shoot something.

I actually have plenty of ammo on hand. I just want to experiment with some new loads and can't find the components to play with.

I hear ya man. I've been buying 200 primers and a pound of powder on nearly every trip to Styx since the summer and I don't regret it one bit.

This morning I talked to a buddy who paid 50 bucks for a 500 rd brick of .22. It made me sad that he'd not been buying those all along. Things will abate soon enough, but I won't be happy till I have 15lb of powder, 10,000 primers and 10,000 bullets in the calibers I shoot. I've got plenty of lead, but I need more birdshot. Jeeze, I'm never happy.

losracani

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like your formula. As soon as crap settles back down and the factories are pumping stuff back out, I will be buying things on a regular basis so this never happens again.
    I hear ya man. I've been buying 200 primers and a pound of powder on nearly every trip to Styx since the summer and I don't regret it one bit.

This morning I talked to a buddy who paid 50 bucks for a 500 rd brick of .22. It made me sad that he'd not been buying those all along. Things will abate soon enough, but I won't be happy till I have 15lb of powder, 10,000 primers and 10,000 bullets in the calibers I shoot. I've got plenty of lead, but I need more birdshot. Jeeze, I'm never happy.

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is something to be said for being prepared.... And to think they all thought I was stupid, crazy, and foolish. I say HA!

Im so glad to be here among believers.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I highly recommend the RCBS Rock Chucker. based on you budget you can get a full kit or start simple and buy a press, die set (matching shell holder), powder
    measure (cups or scale), lube and lube pad, deburr tool and a caliper. You do not need a separate crimp tool, powder measure "device" or case trimmer (yet). You can drill a boards to hold casings. You need a good data source: either a book or computer site.

Read everything that comes with the components. If you can sit in and get educated buy an active reloader you are ahead of the game. You read all the info to get a foundation AND to ask questions incase your "tudor" cuts corners.

Enjoy

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom