Target Sports

Wife leaving me alone for a couple of weeks, any real nice gun stores/pawn shops to visit say 3hrs from Crestview/Fort Walton Beach Area

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beardguy33

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I and many others have seen them go above and beyond to help people. Their current staff is all well educated dudes with backgrounds in all the worlds of firearms from LEO to competition. I see what your saying about the local celebrity part but it doesn't change the fact that they sell more than any other store around. Your judgments seemed to be solely based on your 3 day work bender before you quit.

Bender is right. Man put the whiskey bottle down and step away from the keyboard.
    Nah I don’t drink or entertain any sorts in my life.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Cash America Pawn shop has a website that lists all its guns/rifles and location. Peruse away and call them for availability, show up and haggle away..

Just FYI, this website isn’t kept up to date so call before you go.
    I went over to Pensacola Wednesday because two different shops had guns I was interested in.
    In both cases, the employees said that the guys that pawned them came back in, made a payment and kept them in pawn.
    So apparently they show things for sale that really aren’t.

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nah I don’t drink or entertain any sorts in my life.

You worked for 3 days, walked out, never got paid, and didn't say or do anything?
    If that IS what happened, that's on you now isn't it, not them.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I have some free time coming up, and as a bonus I have $2000 from a settlement from my old employer. (They got sued for violating OT regulations back in California). Gulf Coast Guns in Milton and Tactical Precision are the only ones that carry a lot. Just looking for a place with large selection.
    Go rent yourself a machine gun at Jay's range in Baker. Have an old fashioned good time ;) there's plenty hanging on the wall for sale there too

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Trading Post pawn shop in FWB on Mary Esther has literally hundreds on display and more in the safe in the back. Jimmys is only good for blue label Glocks, they're a bit pricey otherwise.
    I second this. The Trading Post is a great place to get lost in for a whole day. Jimmy's also was one of the first in the area to have that new Glock mag side-folding barrel carbine. I forget the name... the one that stores two Glock mags horizontally in the buttstock

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    One of my problems with them is their "tax free" garbage they pull. They make is seem like they are helping people out but what most dont realize is they jack up the prices to cover the taxes. I even called them on it when I discovered their online store was cheaper than their "tax free" prices in store. They offered to price match but even then, the online price was cheaper with tax and an instore pick-up option. They also price gauged during ammo shortages.

If you are just looking to put your hands on a bunch of different guns then that is the place to window shop.
    They weren't price gauging. I asked them. They were buying ammo at full retail anywhere they could just to be able to have something on the shelf for the locals who pay cash and don't buy online and to keep their customers coming around.

Senojeelnodnarb

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I second this. The Trading Post is a great place to get lost in for a whole day. Jimmy's also was one of the first in the area to have that new Glock mag side-folding barrel carbine. I forget the name... the one that stores two Glock mags horizontally in the buttstock
    That was the S&W M&P FPC.

Top Bottom