Why do folks toss out challenges on the internet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    I invited.him to my place in order to observe his superior marksmanship skills as well as an opportunity to learn better ways to shoot at distance standing unsupported.

It was a sincere offer... my apologies to anyone if I was out of line.
    I have been thinking that you have been very nice to the OP, and I saw your offer as genuine when I read it last night. You have engaged in conversations with him, when few will, so I think you are good in my book,

FLT

Master
    Up to the time that the internet and World Wide Web became a thing , I was considered a pretty fair shot. Nowadays it’s a wonder they don’t pull my range card.

M118LR

Master
    Guess the answer ranges from jest to anger. That charging appearance fees, that may hold merit. At least instead of be at this range on this day and drive six hours to get there. Folks would just simply invite others and shooting times and dates could be passed politely. Regular competition matches are well published, so folks can attend their favorites as close to home as possible. It's my understanding that the young man that offered the steak dinner left it as an open invitation. So he may not be off the hook just yet. Central Fl enters my travel plans more often than P-Cola nowadays.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Guess the answer ranges from jest to anger. That charging appearance fees, that may hold merit. At least instead of be at this range on this day and drive six hours to get there. Folks would just simply invite others and shooting times and dates could be passed politely. Regular competition matches are well published, so folks can attend their favorites as close to home as possible. It's my understanding that the young man that offered the steak dinner left it as an open invitation. So he may not be off the hook just yet. Central Fl enters my travel plans more often than P-Cola nowadays.

LOL you won’t be taking me up on anything.

That’s fine, just flat out deny me an opportunity to watch excellence in action and maybe learn something.

By the way, you alway refer people to Google vs. giving a straight answer so I’ll refer you to google maps for Aucilla.

Lord knows I’d hate to nail you down to a visit and then you wind up in central Florida looking for Aucilla, a convenient excuse averted...

Make sure to bring that target

M118LR

Master
    LOL you won’t be taking me up on anything.

That’s fine, just flat out deny me an opportunity to watch excellence in action and maybe learn something.

By the way, you alway refer people to Google vs. giving a straight answer so I’ll refer you to google maps for Aucilla.

Lord knows I’d hate to nail you down to a visit and then you wind up in central Florida looking for Aucilla, a convenient excuse averted...

Make sure to bring that target
    2 1/2 hours between Lake City and Tallahassee. Closest I usually get is 75 & 10 if I took the long route back from the VA Hospital in Gainesville. That particular target only resides in the picture section of the kitchen computer nowadays. Paper doesn't last as long and storing it draws bugs. Guess we would need to shoot another one if time & tide allow. Since as others have noted, we have conversed on many hunting & marksmanship threads civilly, I shall do my best to see if I can make your gracious invitation a reality. It would be more convenient for me if you would accept a similar invite to GRCP. Both 100 & 200 offhand outdoor ranges are available. As a member I can cover all the your costs as my Guest. I can even through in enough ammo to cover. If you have a date that works for you, pm me. This is a serious invite Sir. Perhaps with both ends open there will be a greater chance of actually getting to meet on either of the ranges. Best I offer. Deal goes both ways.

M118LR

Master
    I just got here, but are you saying no one has actually met M118LR?
    There are folks on the forum that have meet and shoot with me. Most of them just don't partake in the chit chat, they are hear for the firearms Related trading. Wonder how many other GRPC Members or day shooters are within the members of the forum? Perhaps they would care to sound off? Tried to work out a grip & grin with Raven to purchase a few items, it just didn't work out. 5 1/2 hours each way takes a bit of logistical planning.

Last edited:

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Now that spam can full of old M2 Ball that was given to me was full of silverfish and unfortunately I only salvaged two or the original package boxes.

RHINOWSO

Master
    I'll throw shade anyone's way if I think it warranted, part of my military upbringing - thick skin is required at all times and the prodding never really stops.

But when it comes to shooting, I know I can get done what I need to get done, but I'm not a little group shooter. The minute you think you are as good as you think will be when you disappoint yourself.

If you haven't missed a 'sure thing', tried to fire with the safety on / empty chamber, or some other stuff thing, you probably haven't been shooting long enough or you are a liar. Thankfully painful lessons often provide the best learning.

Concerning 'best shots' that I've ever seen, it happened when I was about 12-14. My buddy John and I were on their families land (50-ish acres) killing time as you did 'back in the day' (ie before the internet and video games).

We had a motley collection of 2-3 BB and pellet guns and were putting a dent in the snake / pest population near a pond. There were dragonflies buzzing about and somehow or another John took aim at a Dragonfly that landed on a rock at least 25-30 feet away. He had the crappy BB gun and he pulled the trigger "pffft" the BB gun when and the Dragonfly kind of lurched over. We ran over and he cut off a set of wings on the insect. We looked for a bit in amazement of what had happened.

If I hadn't watch the whole event as it unfolded, I wouldn't believe it either, but I did see It. But John knew that it was 99.9% luck. We both tried to repeat it over the rest of the summer, but never even came close.

Top Bottom