• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kruegerhouse

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I get. In theory, you see it as protection against selling to someone with felony. I assume that everyone that requires this for private sale is fine with “common sense” 2A infringements.

If you are a “gun guy”, who considers yourself a supporter of the 2A, but still require this, I suggest that you reconsider your reasoning, or your position on the matter. If you are a freedom loving seller that doesn’t require this, kudos to you and helping us all exercise our liberty.

Merry Christmas!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Simple - -> I retain the absolute right to sell to,and buy from,the person of MY choosing and set whatever conditions that I feel are valid.
    If one of my conditions were you gotta be a red head of at least 6'4",that is my right.
    Does not have a damn thing to do with the second amendment (or the first).
    SUGGESTION - -> why not state your rules as " will not sell to,or buy from,ANYONE THAT HOLDS A FLA. CWP ?? --- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I believe in freedom, feel free to conduct your business as you wish. And I’ll do the same. If I just don’t like the vibes I get from from a buyer I’ll cancel a deal in a heartbeat.
    Several well known buyers on the forum can confirm that I’ll do just that , I’m not running a business , I have no obligation to sell to anyone.

Kruegerhouse

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I believe in freedom, feel free to conduct your business as you wish. And I’ll do the same. If I just don’t like the vibes I get from from a buyer I’ll cancel a deal in a heartbeat.
    Several well known buyers on the forum can confirm that I’ll do just that , I’m not running a business , I have no obligation to sell to anyone.
    Makes sense, and reasonable.

Kruegerhouse

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Simple - -> I retain the absolute right to sell to,and buy from,the person of MY choosing and set whatever conditions that I feel are valid.
    If one of my conditions were you gotta be a red head of at least 6'4",that is my right.
    Does not have a damn thing to do with the second amendment (or the first).
    SUGGESTION - -> why not state your rules as " will not sell to,or buy from,ANYONE THAT HOLDS A FLA. CWP ?? --- SAWMAN
    First part makes sense, but then you kinda veer off. Never said or implied that you didn’t have right to sell to whomever ever you wanted.

This forum only exists in the capacity that it does right now because of the 2A. To deny a sale to someone because they aren’t complying with 2A infringement is kind of counter intuitive.

It wouldn’t make sense to deny sale to or not purchase from a non CWP holder, so I’m not sure of your point there.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Do you pay taxes and obey all local, state laws? I've never been to jail and prefer not to. A CCW doesn't limit your 2A rights in the state of FL, I would argue that it expounds them and gives a little more leeway. But I'm not a lawyer...

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It is funny that some folks lose their mind if the government suggests stricter regulations for private sales "bUt MuH RiGhTs" and then in the same breath ask a laundry list of requirements for a private sale.

I ask for a CCW to insure to the best of my ability the 3 things that are required for a private sale.
    Legal age to possess
    Florida resident
    Non felon

Now, it's not %100, but it's enough to cover my ass.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    I get. In theory, you see it as protection against selling to someone with felony. I assume that everyone that requires this for private sale is fine with “common sense” 2A infringements.

If you are a “gun guy”, who considers yourself a supporter of the 2A, but still require this, I suggest that you reconsider your reasoning, or your position on the matter. If you are a freedom loving seller that doesn’t require this, kudos to you and helping us all exercise our liberty.

Merry Christmas!
    It's not a question of exercising "liberty". It's about people that believe in law and order? Not just the laws they agree with but ALL laws. You don't like the law, change it. The law is; green light go, red light stop. Think of the ciaos if people only obeyed traffic lights when they agreed with them. The law is; felons can't legally own a firearm, ever? Why, that's right, they have shown themselves to be irresponsible and criminals that have a high probability to use a firearm in the commission of another crime. Unlike people that believe in law and order and, and BTW the 2A . I'm not knowingly going to put myself in a position to break a law by selling to someone not willing to take that burden off of me and place it where it belongs, on themselves. It's the reason the term "smash and grab" exists. It's the newest media attempt to control the message and dialog. It's stealing and it's a crime. It's called covering all your bases in the event the weapon you sold is recovered at a crime scene. It has your name on it by virtue of you being the original purchaser with a 4473 as documentation. For those of us that don't want to be hassled unnecessarily it's a way to show all possible precautions were taken to sell to a legal individual. But isn't a bill of sale filled out for a similar reason?

Last edited:

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    i don't post it in my adds but i will ask in msgs. if anyone gets squirrely or hesitates at my asking for proof of FL residence and a carry permit, deals off. i rarely even ask but sometimes you get a vibe. if we've never dealt before, its just a bit of added protection for both buyer and seller.

Brockskennedy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Pretty simple i think.

Its your right to sell your possessions under whatever conditions you see fit. For someone to add an extra layer of protection for themselvs by asking for validation of the permit seems reasonable to me.

Im personally hit or miss. Ill ask for it 100% of the time, but if they dont have it i want to have a conversation via phone call to get more comfortable about the person before i commit to a sale.

Ive had people get very angry just by asking for a permit.

What i do think is ridiculouse is insinuating someone is not supporting gun rights by asking for a permit.

The more people that have permits only goes to show the statistics of americans that support these freedoms.

More importantly i dont think its fare to make someone feel like they are not supporting gun rights because they ask for a permit. Politics can be tied into anything these days.

I drive a ford. My wife told me alot of things about the history of Henry Ford in regards to selling equipment to germans during WWII. does that mean because i drive a ford i support his actions?

Dicks and walmart dont sell AR's. Thats their right as buisness owners and your right as a consumer to decide if you want to continue to purchase from them. If i own a buisness and dont want to carry a particular product based on my religious beliefs, i wont.

Pretty simple

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Pretty simple i think.

Its your right to sell your possessions under whatever conditions you see fit. For someone to add an extra layer of protection for themselvs by asking for validation of the permit seems reasonable to me.

Im personally hit or miss. Ill ask for it 100% of the time, but if they dont have it i want to have a conversation via phone call to get more comfortable about the person before i commit to a sale.

Ive had people get very angry just by asking for a permit.

What i do think is ridiculouse is insinuating someone is not supporting gun rights by asking for a permit.

The more people that have permits only goes to show the statistics of americans that support these freedoms.

More importantly i dont think its fare to make someone feel like they are not supporting gun rights because they ask for a permit. Politics can be tied into anything these days.

I drive a ford. My wife told me alot of things about the history of Henry Ford in regards to selling equipment to germans during WWII. does that mean because i drive a ford i support his actions?

Dicks and walmart dont sell AR's. Thats their right as buisness owners and your right as a consumer to decide if you want to continue to purchase from them. If i own a buisness and dont want to carry a particular product based on my religious beliefs, i wont.

Pretty simple
    You drive a Ford?

44Ruger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Position reconsidered. Still a no.
    Do you have a drivers’ license, Sir?
    Or do you “travel?”
    An 18 year old corrections officer can't get a CCW.
    An 19 year old police officer can't get a CCW.
    I'm not sure if a 18 19 or 20 year old soldier can get a CCW.

When I lived in New Mexico an 18 to 20 year old police officer couldn't buy ammo for his gun. Had to have his mom buy it for him.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    An 18 year old corrections officer can't get a CCW.
    An 19 year old police officer can't get a CCW.
    I'm not sure if a 18 19 or 20 year old soldier can get a CCW.

Local agencies don’t hire under 21.
    With base rules, ownership is a hassle, and if not Fl resident, selling to may not be legal. Although, I don’t know how that works for PCS’ers. Though they also can’t purchase a handgun from a gunshop, so…
    Best to play it safe IMO. But hey man, you do you.

Cjprall90

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I understand where the OP is coming from , the fact that anyone has to have a Ccw in order to lawfully carry a tool to protect their loved ones and possessions is an infringement on their RIGHT to bear arms. But the fact that there is laws in place that I cannot change it’s more of a CYA thing. I have and prefer to do business with people that have a CCW , it’s not personal , it’s just a precaution a lot of people take because they want to be as sure as they can ,that they are doing what they can to avoid any and all possible backlash

44Ruger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Local agencies don’t hire under 21.
    With base rules, ownership is a hassle, and if not Fl resident, selling to may not be legal. Although, I don’t know how that works for PCS’ers. Though they also can’t purchase a handgun from a gunshop, so…
    Best to play it safe IMO. But hey man, you do you.
    I forgot they changed the age to BUY to 21 back in 2018. Your choices make good sense.

I guess since an 18 year old can own a gun we're back to mom giving him something to hunt with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom