• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Well-behaved, loyal, and loving. All attributes in great dogs.

Great dogs: one of those amazing things in life that must be experienced to truly understand how priceless of a gift it really is.

In your plans for preparedness, your four-legged family’s needs should be addressed, too. They don’t know about politics, but they will know you are stressed.

Amongst the blessings we should all be grateful for, great dogs are high on the list. Congrats.
    Feeding them if all goes south is a preoccupation of mine if the economy collapses. Fortunately mine are descended from southern farm dogs and can eat corn meal, eat muscadine grapes, and even some fresh milk without problems. I need to do a bit more of the survivalist prep such as things to grind grains and get a garden going. I have cleared some land this year expressively for a garden. I have many fruit trees, but a garden with root crops, beans, and corn is what will feed you. It got a lot of families through the depression and for the next coming depression most just have no idea of how to survive.
    Mine are loving and loyal, but that breed does not like being told what to do. They generally were just let loose on the farm or yard, sleeping under the house and protecting the place.
    Here is two of them. The all white is a typical white english of the larger type and her pup that has thrown back to some trace of likely hound ancestry. In past if people wanted a cattle dog they would cross a bulldog to a hound and I think they picked red tick hounds for that. His head is much bigger then what any hound would have. He kills any predator, but will not attack deer or snakes. That type of dog ranges from 45 to about 130 lbs depending on the breeding. They are going gradually extinct getting crossed with american bulldogs and pits. Just about gone from north florida, but they were around here in NW FL 30-40 years ago. Still can be found in south eastern alabama and south georgia.

1696053234759.png

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    We may disagree on why Trump lost. However, I didn't interpret anything. I paid attention and came to a conclusion based on what I heard and who was involved and who was saying it. dems lied and stuffed and perverted state voting laws. Trump lost because he didn't anticipate the depths they (dems and deep state) would go to keep him from serving another term.
    Anticipate? IMO, the thought never even crossed his mind that things wouldn't go as he conceived/imagined, or that anyone would dare oppose his greatness. Good thing he chickened outta 'Nam. No tellin' how many of our own he'd have got killed...

Beached

Expert
    Make sure that you vote. That's what you can do. Elections have consequences.

This office is tax payer funded. Yikes! If you don't vote you are buying the knife that cuts your throat.

09/21/2023 02:01 AM | CHRIS EGER

BIDEN TO ESTABLISH TAXPAYER FUNDED GUN CONTROL OFFICE​

The coverage of the new office, first reported by the Washington Post on Tuesday, stresses the official announcement is slated for Friday at the White House Rose Garden. Two names associated with the report should sound familiar to those on both sides of the national conversation on firearms and gun rights.

Greg Jackson, the executive director for the Community Justice Action Fund, and Rob Wilcox, the senior director for federal government affairs at the Bloomberg-backed Everytown anti-gun group, are reported by WaPo as "expected to have key roles in the office."

Jackson, a former organizer for Barack Obama, has frequently appeared with President Biden and on Capitol Hill speaking in favor of more gun control.

image.jpg
    I tried that in 2020 I watched the vote counter stop with Trump way ahead and in a very short period I watched Biden get an astronomical amount of votes in a few minutes? I have watched the media explanations filled with opinions not facts. It was late I was tired I am sure all is good?

BluesBrother

Master
    I tried that in 2020 I watched the vote counter stop with Trump way ahead and in a very short period I watched Biden get an astronomical amount of votes in a few minutes? I have watched the media explanations filled with opinions not facts. It was late I was tired I am sure all is good?
    Please don't give up.

IronBeard

Master
    Body armor needs to at least stop M193 5.56 ammo
    Provided that 5.56 (FMJ) round complies with all assumptions/rules and strikes only the sufficiently-protected areas. "Body" armor only armors certain parts of the body...

FrommerStop

Master
    Provided that 5.56 (FMJ) round complies with all assumptions/rules and strikes only the sufficiently-protected areas. "Body" armor only armors certain parts of the body...
    Well of course an area not protected by armor is vulnerable. Complete coverage is difficult.
    Below North Hollywood shootout of 20 years ago.

Some schools of combat do teach to shoot for unarmored areas, but what you wear should still be required to effectively protect the areas that it does cover.
    I do not own any body armor and I likely should.

IronBeard

Master
    Well of course an area not protected by armor is vulnerable. Complete coverage is difficult.
    Below North Hollywood shootout of 20 years ago.

Some schools of combat do teach to shoot for unarmored areas, but what you wear should still be required to effectively protect the areas that it does cover.
    I do not own any body armor and I likely should.

Kinda where I was goin'. But, you can't say too much, 'cause it hurts feelings. POI matters. Yep, it's all about personal choice(s).

Top Bottom