• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Of $425-$450 for used Glocks?? I see all these ads for USED guns that have the price tag of a new gun, if not higher. Not just Glocks, but seems everyone is pricing their USED tupperware guns higher than giraffe pu$$y. Did I miss something?? I dont get it....

See it on here sometimes and even worse on Armslist and FGT. Not singling anyone out, just a general observation..

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see the same thing and just figure MAYBE they are buffering in nagotiation ? Then again There is a fool born every minute, just look at all the overpriced the .22 buyers. Also have to wonder if maybe they think a felon or gang member may want a paperless trail? Especially where you are, aren't there alot of gang types in JAX area?

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    are they selling at those prices?

No clue if they are. But IF they are, why?? I can walk into a shop up the street from me here and get a brand new Gen3 G19 for $485 before taxes.. Why the asking price of $550 for a used one?? I'm just stumped is all

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see the same thing and just figure MAYBE they are buffering in nagotiation ? Then again There is a fool born every minute, just look at all the overpriced the .22 buyers. Also have to wonder if maybe they think a felon or gang member may want a paperless trail? Especially where you are, aren't there alot of gang types in JAX area?

Yeah this place is a shithole. I was thinking that about the negotiation, but when I contacted them 90% wont budge a nickle on their price. I think most think its a special gun just because they owned it... Who knows man

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Most gun shops sell a new Glock for 550+tax+FDLE, 2nd Amendment in Niceville for the most part is $499 + +.

I laugh when I see a $550 or more used or NIB from an individual stock with no adds. Sure you save the tax and FDLE fee but folks even new is used when you are selling it 2nd hand...I guess there is a value they place on not having to put your name on a piece of paper but then I worry about people paying more than retail just to do that.

Have not seen a deal on any gun in a long time. AR's for $799 +?? lol they are $499-599 all over the place.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most gun shops sell a new Glock for 550+tax+FDLE, 2nd Amendment in Niceville for the most part is $499 + +.

You can get them new over here for $485-$499 all day long. Thats why Im sitting here scratching my head wondering why a $550 price tag on a used gun?

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It doesn't even have factory mags - some cheap metal after market jobs...

Then again - he's in Jacksonville...there are plenty of 'bangers who will pay premium price because they can't buy via retail.

Same thing when you see the $325 Hipoints...

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I asked the same question several months back..not just about glocks but all used guns..I got the standard jackass answer..if u think its too hi don't buy it..I don't get it either..I mean no disrespect to anyone here but I stopped looking at used guns for the most part..and I kno a lot of people negotiate but let's start off with real prices and not come down $200-$300..I also understand the no paper trail but that's not worth the extra $$ to me..to what frank said about blue label..I wonder sometimes if people are using the discounts just to turn around and sell them more over MSRP..when I look I see way too many NIB..rant over..for now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    You are right, seems I am looking at more new weapons today than used because of the inflated prices in used guns. I have found Arron over at 2nd Amendment can get me close or under the advertised prices online so he get calls from me often asking about specific weapons, sometimes he is even under the used asking prices ...

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    FUPA said..." Not just Glocks, but seems everyone is pricing their USED tupperware guns higher than giraffe pu$$y...'

Bro...made me wonder whats in the water there in Jax...???

I do agree on the crazy pricing...being retired USMC, yep the blue label stuff puts a lot of used here to shame $439 OTD for a gen3/4 in stock

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yep and every Military/LEO can get Blue label pricing and there are lots of those in the area!

Plus anyone can join GSSF and get essentially blue label pricing on glocks + some really nice deals on accessories. Last I looked the 42 was $340 and the 17-19-26-27's were $425$. Purchase is limited to 1 per year.

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I think that things got so crazy for a while that people don't know what to ask so they just go high.
    Vintage Colts and S&Ws have gone crazy.
    I saw an S&W Model 63 and a Model 18 on FGT the other day. They were priced at I believe $450 and $500. The guy was in Tampa. I contacted him and asked if he would be willing to ship. He said he sold them that morning.
    They were back on FGT that afternoon for $850 each.
    I'm just glad I was able to buy most of mine back in the 80s and 90s when bargains were still around.
    I think maybe people look on the internet these days and see crazy asking prices so they figure that's what theirs are worth too. They don't realize that nobody is actually buying at those prices.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The thing is folks buy high then expect 2nd buyers to bail them out...not gonna happen w this guy!

I think that is really the overarching issue. A lot of people bought during the post Sandy Hook panic at inflated prices and now think just because they overpaid someone else will overpay them.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    The thing is folks buy high then expect 2nd buyers to bail them out...not gonna happen w this guy!

I think you are probably right in a lot of cases. A bunch of newbies jumped in during that time period and now they want out.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I know a few people that are willing to pay new prices for used guns just to stay under the radar. These are law abiding citizens, that just don't want the gubmint to know what they have. I'm sure there are lots of those type of people out there, so that is probably another driving factor.

Top Bottom