• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    Done some serious trading in order to reclaim the Maadi AK, received a PSA pistol upper as part of that deal.Rebuilt another M4 style AR pistol to replace the one I had to trade for the Spikes AR9

Attachments

• IMG_20240708_052855239.jpg
      IMG_20240708_052855239.jpg
      4 MB · Views: 30
    • IMG_20240708_052923069.jpg
      IMG_20240708_052923069.jpg
      4 MB · Views: 23
    Still debating on which style of furniture to use on the AK, I have a thumbhole stock.Still on the fence on whether to order a dung handguard or thumbhole

Raven

Master
    A while back I bought a Lipseys Ruger Blackhawk flattop 45 Colt revolver. My dealer got it in for me in a week. Its trigger pull was so nice, and plenty accurate for me. Loved shooting it. Decided I’d go for one in 357 mag.

It took 2 months, but it arrived this week. I don’t know if there are fewer of them or if it’s an offering just coming into the pipe line or if Lipseys sold out and ordered more made. Cleaned and lubed it, but haven’t shot it yet. Same nice trigger pull as my other Lipseys special. For those unfamiliar, flattop Blackhawks have a flat top strap and a slightly smaller frame and cylinder than the regular Blackhawks. I like their looks and feel. Admittedly they are slightly less robust than a regular Blackhawk due to the smaller size, but are still considered strong.

View attachment 293906
    It's still cast metal, right?

Daezee

Master
    It's still cast metal, right?
    I believe Ruger utilizes casting followed by machining for major parts, but I’m not an authority in that.

I don’t remember exact pressures without digging up articles and loading manuals, but in regards to 44 Special and 45 Colt reloading there were three levels of pressure. Tier 1, 2, &3. Tier 1 was older pistols with a limit of around 15,000 like factory ammo. Tier 2 was something like 23,000 and pistols like modern S&W revolvers. Tier 3 was higher and limited to pistols like Contenders and new model Blackhawks. The new made flat tops have been rated by writers as Tier 2 in 44 Special and 45 Colt…that is where I came from in frame rating strength.

Regarding the 357 chambering strength, 357 Magnum is already a 3x,xxx pressure cartridge. The flat top 357’s will have no practical problems per writers, although in theory the frame could get more battered than the regular Blackhawk frame. I’ll probably mainly shoot 38 Special anyway, but have a coffee can of 357 brass.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Bumpped up our game w grandson.
    Moved my Thermal to the .22 mag cmr30. Ultra light. Love it. @100 yards 11 shots about as fast as I could line it up. Cci 40gr hp. About coffee cup group, minute of coon accurate. May have to fine tune for Crows.
    Also shot the savage mk2 sv,sr with pig on it. Subsonic cci quiet. 2 foot holdover at 100 yards, lol. Strange to hear soft bang then whack. Tried it with the pig on and off. Slightly lower with the pig on.

Looking forward to getting the switchback 22 can for these.
    Sound pressure on the .22 mag is just under my tolerance level. ( no ringing, after the shot)

*** Also zeroing the thermal is 180 off of a normal scope. Can and did cause issues. Duh.

Love my poor man's MP7.
    Screenshot_20240710_140740_Gallery.jpg
    20240710_125514.jpg
    20240710_133015.jpg

timc

Expert
    Went to Element. Zeroed a Trijicon RMR on a Glock build I did. Then just shot a Ruger Takedown and a Savage 22 bolt action. Also ran a few rounds through a Winchester 94 30.30 I’ve had for awhile, but haven’t shot.
    Was nice to just plink

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Spacegun! Needed to be shot on @100. :)
    22 mag EAA Appeal. 10 rd, 4 mags, left eject. Can be switched to right. Fun short carbine. 2x7 vortex scout scope.
    Might sell it. Just dosent get shot much since getting the CMR30.
    **** Just looked it up, discontinued wth? Prices all over the place. From $480-900.
    20240711_130737.jpg

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Spacegun! Needed to be shot on @100. :)
    22 mag EAA Appeal. 10 rd, 4 mags, left eject. Can be switched to right. Fun short carbine. 2x7 vortex scout scope.
    Might sell it. Just dosent get shot much since getting the CMR30.
    **** Just looked it up, discontinued wth? Prices all over the place. From $480-900.View attachment 294156
    No way! Don't sell it :)
    You know you'll regret it

M60Gunner

Master
    A while back I bought a Lipseys Ruger Blackhawk flattop 45 Colt revolver. My dealer got it in for me in a week. Its trigger pull was so nice, and plenty accurate for me. Loved shooting it. Decided I’d go for one in 357 mag.

It took 2 months, but it arrived this week. I don’t know if there are fewer of them or if it’s an offering just coming into the pipe line or if Lipseys sold out and ordered more made. Cleaned and lubed it, but haven’t shot it yet. Same nice trigger pull as my other Lipseys special. For those unfamiliar, flattop Blackhawks have a flat top strap and a slightly smaller frame and cylinder than the regular Blackhawks. I like their looks and feel. Admittedly they are slightly less robust than a regular Blackhawk due to the smaller size, but are still considered strong.

View attachment 293906
    i have the Talo new model super Blackhawk in .44 mag, looked all over for .357 but no dice. Looks very similar. New model supers are all stainless, per Ruger.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom