• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just placed an order for 1000 LC 7.62X51 primed cases. Bullets were pulled. Will have to use a collect sizer. Based on reviews some people have to clean the necks with a case brush to get rid of left over gun powder stuck from the sealant. Followed up with odorless mineral spirits to clean off the sealant. $370 delivered. Which isn’t too bad if you figure in the cost of primers. According to some of the reviews. Many of the cases you can simply reload them.

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Just placed an order for 1000 LC 7.62X51 primed cases. Bullets were pulled. Will have to use a collect sizer. Based on reviews some people have to clean the necks with a case brush to get rid of left over gun powder stuck from the sealant. Followed up with odorless mineral spirits to clean off the sealant. $370 delivered. Which isn’t too bad if you figure in the cost of primers. According to some of the review. Many of the cases you can simply reload them.
    there is powder and that black tar like stuff in the necks. I used Zylene (slower drying) and Q-tips to remove it. One side of the swab gets most of it out then another swipe with the clean side while holding it neck down so that I didn't contaminate a primer. Dropped them neck down in a loading block for them to dry. Made one more pass afterwards to make sure I got it all and dropped them back in the block. I just slide the expander ball in them to make sure they were round.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Finally put some rounds down range in new RIA TM22 I got on Labor Day sale for the wife. Ate the first few mags just fine then started jamming. Didn’t strip and clean first so probably needs a good cleaning. Wife said it was a nice shooter. I didn’t get a chance to shoot it myself before it started acting up. Other RIA’s I’ve bought had a lot of that packing grease on the internals so I’m going to assume this does too. Hopefully an easy fix.

Also put the first couple mags through my new LCP max. Way less snappy than I anticipated! Has a nice feel to it. Didn’t set up a target, so was just popping off into a backstop in the back yard at home as a quick function test so don’t know how accurate it is. I’ll be up at my family’s property in Georgia the later part of next week and will be able to better test it at the range there. Sights are very nice on it, and the trigger feels great. No signs of the trigger bite that’s been mentioned on so many reviews. I wonder if that may have been a problem in the early production models that’s been corrected? I guess time will tell, but so far, I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfb46

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cleaned my new LCR 22 mag. Great shooting pistol with a very manageable double action pull on the trigger. Real pleased with the purchase. I looked at some videos of Federal Punch 22WMR last night and like a sucker got on line and finally found some available, 4 boxes of 50 with shipping was $101.95. That's not going to be range ammo for sure.

Attachments

• LCRx.jpg
      LCRx.jpg
      3.2 MB · Views: 18
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Which AK? Thinking about doing the same thing. Not sure if I want the short handguard or the longer one. Also cheese grater gastube cover.

Century Arms VSKA

I went with the short one for starters because it was direct fit, "plug and play". The longer handguard requires a slight bit of modding, You have to cut/permanently remove the factory "handguard retaining cap" from the barrel.

I'll probably eventually go with the longer handguard I just wanted to make sure the Magpul was the direction I wanted to go before I started permanently modding my rifle.

As far as ergonomics and feel, the Magpul furniture did wonders for the rifle. I'm not sure if the stock was just cheap or just didn't fit my pull but I never felt comfortable shouldering the weapon. Now it feels great.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Started out the morning on what turned into a pretty good hunt. About 30 minutes before sunrise I saw a big bodied deer, looked to be about 175#, flagging me on the right side...all I had with me was the "Truck Gun"...his rack was high and tight. Glad he made the hard right into the brush...if I had pulled the "trigger" on that it would have left a serious mark!

Speaking of serious...Octane was layin some good tracks down this morning...some Sirus stuff...

Picked an item up from another fine member of this site...Thanks Again!

It isn't even lunchtime yet....think I'll pull the trigger on a ham and turkey sammich...start some collards for tomorrow and see what the second half of the day brings :cool:

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    All I managed to do today was order a few parts from Numrich for a rile and ordered a TriggerTech Duty 2-stage for my LMT to get rid of that Halloween trigger in it.

Top Bottom