• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Horse traded one of my S&W 640 357 Mags and some cash for my first Kimber Revolver, a K6S (CT) 357 with CT Laser Grips. I put 25 rounds of 38+P through it yesterday and was impressed how it shoots, going to put some 357 through it this weekend, a very well made revolver and I am happy with the trade I made.

IMG_1445.jpeg

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have a Tippmann miniature 1919A4 in 22lr. It’s never been super reliable with rims of the cartridges sometimes not sliding smoothly down the bolt face. Have tried various ammo over the years Including what the maker recommended.

Friends asked me to bring it out again and they brought samples of ammo to try. Still failures until new made Aquila 40 grain high velocity was tried. 80 rounds fired in a row with no failures to feed. I bought more of that ammo. Although a different lot number, it’s still working fine. I now need to unbelt my other ammo and rebelt with the Aquila.
    IMG_0124.jpeg

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a Tippmann miniature 1919A4 in 22lr. It’s never been super reliable with rims of the cartridges sometimes not sliding smoothly down the bolt face. Have tried various ammo over the years Including what the maker recommended.

Friends asked me to bring it out again and they brought samples of ammo to try. Still failures until new made Aquila 40 grain high velocity was tried. 80 rounds fired in a row with no failures to feed. I bought more of that ammo. Although a different lot number, it’s still working fine. I now need to unbelt my other ammo and rebelt with the Aquila.
    View attachment 239863
    Show the belts.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Took advantage of the holiday sales to stock up. Sure many of you did as well. Went with Freedom ammo. Free shipping and their stuff has always performed flawlessly for me. Ordered a 20 inch upper customized to my specs from Del ton. They are in NC very close to where I’m from, as is Spartan blades. Also ordered a Bravo belly band holster. Previously has a Desantis version that was crap. Reviews will be coming. Life is short gents and tomorrow is promised to no man.

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Earlier I'd posted I intend to fire 1000 rounds of my cast lead bullets through each rifle that I shoot cast in. I'll then thoroughly clean the rifle bore.

Today I finished my Swedish M94/14 carbine with round #1007. Although I don't have 6.5mm bore wear gages, to my Mark I eyeball, the bore looks as new as when I started...no surprise. I posted about the carbine a while back. It had been issued to the 3rd Company, 1st Cavalry Regiment in Sweden. 1st Cavalry Regiment currently guards the palace in Stockholm and does ceremonial changing of the guard; horseback, polished helmets, white leather, band, etc. They carry M94/14's. Here's more photos.

Here's a guard with a M94/14. Bayonet is attached. Note the long bayonet scabbard for the long bayonet of the M94/14. The guards on duty carry the carbines loaded.

Högvakten,_Stockholms_slott.jpg

Here's a cavalry troop with 94/14's slung on their backs. One of the reasons the "obsolete" M94/14's are still used is that they can be easily carried slung on the back of the troops riding horses. White leather sling and other accoutrements. White leather box in front is for ammo. Not visible is a square of white leather on the troops' lower back to protect from the rubbing of the carbine as the horses are ridden. It's attached to the white leather belt that also holds the cartridge box. Since the person in lead doesn't carry the carbine, he doesn't wear the carbine leather accoutrements.
    Royal_guards_sweden.jpg

Unit insignia which is visible on the right rear of the blue saddle cover above.
    Förbandstecken_Livgardet_m74.png

Won at auction a Uintah bolt action upper for use on an AR lower. 10.5" bbl, 300 Blackout, 416R stainless suppressor threaded bbl. It'll go on a SBR lower. Including all fees and sale tax, I got it for $250 less than Uintah sells them for. Unfired other than the factory test firing.

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Finished my upgrades on my Ruger Mark II. Took a while after 2 different times of losing "damn-it" springs. Had to order. Of course, once the new springs arrived, I found the ones that went flying! I think the next project will be a Browning Buck Mark.

Attachments

• P9040001.JPG
      P9040001.JPG
      156 KB · Views: 39
    • P9040002.JPG
      P9040002.JPG
      181.9 KB · Views: 43
    • P9040004.JPG
      P9040004.JPG
      247.2 KB · Views: 38
    • P9040006.JPG
      P9040006.JPG
      116.4 KB · Views: 40

fisheadgib

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally bought my first Contender. I've been wanting one in 7-30waters for over 40 years and I won an auction on a Thompson Contender frame tonight to get the ball rolling. Once I have it in my hands, I'll be ordering a 14"MGM barrel.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Finished my upgrades on my Ruger Mark II. Took a while after 2 different times of losing "damn-it" springs. Had to order. Of course, once the new springs arrived, I found the ones that went flying! I think the next project will be a Browning Buck Mark.
    I started ordering parts for mine! I already received the extended bolt release & safety, last night ordered a titanium racker. In my shopping cart at Brownells are an extended mag release and the Volquartsen kit. All S.S. Excited to show her some love! I keep going back & forth between these grips and the checkered thumb rest, these fit my holster. I love yours!

Attachments

• IMG_20220524_124251607.jpg
      IMG_20220524_124251607.jpg
      259.5 KB · Views: 30

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Well I don't even know why I'm at work tonight, I have to work tomorrow night to start the plant so everyone can work Tuesday. As long as I'm here making time and a half, I managed to slap 2 lowers together; a DB-10 & an a Stag-15 for my upcoming 6.5G build, And managed to only lose 1 detent spring! I ordered a nickel boron BCG last night. I could go ahead and get my upper/handguard on the way, but
    B. Kings isn't having a sale so I'll probably just wait till I get paid Wednesday. Going to use one of their M4 Mod 0 so my barrel extension will be tight!

Attachments

• IMG_20230903_233405363.jpg
      IMG_20230903_233405363.jpg
      210.5 KB · Views: 29
    Last edited:

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was complaining to someone today about that. Most folks on here are geared up and are starting to let go of some less often used items. Unfortunately, 2 years of the current clown show ruining the country is taking its toll and a lot of people don't seem to be in the buying mood.
    First, many bought during the past “scares” but mostly, people can barely pay their bills because of the great installed leaders north of Richmond.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dammit AIM why must I add your Labor Day sales items to my cart to see the price just show me the freaking price! First world problem I know…anything to keep my mind occupied

Top Bottom