• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Finished cleaning and sorting a bunch of 223, 300BO, and 9mm brass. Got about fifty 9mm primed and ready to load.
    Don't forget to try some 00 buck in the 8mm Mauser case mouth. Supposed to be accurate to 100 yards and way cheaper

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    finished the barrel channel on the .22-250 parts gun I built
    IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

needed a touch more in front of the recoil lug after I thought I was finished
    IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

took 2 days and my hands feel like I have been trimming cases for 2 days...that crocked finger clicks when I move it now and that old broken one is stiff as all get out

Last edited:

jugdish

Expert
    Went to the range to confirm zero on a rifle I haven't shot in a while. Got confused and forgot the click for this scope was 1/2 MOA vs.1/4 on one that I was working with last week. For the life of me could not figure out why and POI wasn't where I was expecting (except for the dude behind the trigger). DOH! :confused::D

Rockola2004

Old Soul Gun Enthusiast
    GCGF Supporter
    Went to @oneshot's place yesterday evening and had a good chat with him while we modified a single shot 12 gauge.
    View attachment 140495

Now I just need to figure out how to keep the wood forend from popping off so easily.
    View attachment 140496

Anyone have any ideas?

I’m not sure if it would work for you but I’ve got an ancient 410 ss that has a folded piece of paper under the forearm to snug it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I’m not sure if it would work for you but I’ve got an ancient 410 ss that has a folded piece of paper under the forearm to snug it up.
    I ended up banging the post that attaches the wood to the barrel a little straighter. Its much better now. :)

Daezee

Master
    Loaded up more test loads for my friend's Shiloh Sharps.

Researched 7.62x39 125gr load data and loaded up 6 different loads with 125gr Ballistic Tip .308 bullets. While I don't plan on hunting using the RARR 7.62x39, since I had the components on hand, I thought why not see if I can get an accurate (with nice velocity) hunting type load worked up. Goal is accuracy + higher velocity than a Blackout with the same weight bullets. Trying AA1680 and IMR4198 powders.

Ruger factory in N.C. called me today. They are sending 2 complete AR pattern magazine well assemblies to convert my and a friend's RARR 7.62x39 rifles from Mini 30 mags to AR mags. We both have several 7.62x39 AR mags already. Including shipping, it works out to $23.95 for each assembly. The reason they called me was that they couldn't finalize my request last week until they completed their year-end inventory of parts.

Top Bottom