• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Did you take the bolt out of th e bolt carrier ??
    That is where I find the most dirt and/or carbon buildup.
    I clean the bolt tail and fwd of the gas rings with light oil and fine stainless steel wool.
    After 200 rds if that was not dirty... well ... you got one of them rare self cleaning guns. --- SAWMAN
    Yes sir all it took was a wipe down

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Ordered a Precission Armament M4-72 in 223/5.56 to install on my LWRC M6.
    Check these out. 70%+ reduction in recoil.
    Got one on a 308Win. THEY WORK !! --- SAWMAN

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Great day of cleaning! Grabbed the 1871/88 Beaumont on the left from a great member (thanks 7.62x54r!) and the cosmo covered Type 56 SKS from PSA. Had the Beaumont good in half an hour, and scrubbed the SKS for a solid 3 hours before I lost light outside.

Attachments

• 20211202_172610.jpg
      20211202_172610.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 62

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Busy day with a lot accomplished. Cast 30 cal and 6.5mm bullets. While casting, I melted down 31 pounds of pure lead sheeting into ingots with another melter. Loaded about 200rds of 6.5x55 cast bullets into the Swedish wooden bullet brass using the salvaged Swedish wooden bullet powder. Pulled about 100 more wooden bullets, saved the powder and prepped the case mouths for more cast bullet loading.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the past I've ordered ammo direct from Federal Premium's website and I got this email from them yesterday, Subject: "It's time to cash in"

Fed1.jpg

And then today they sent me another email, Subject: "Our numbers were off—but you’re still getting close"

Fed2.jpg

Damn loyalty points teasers:confused:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Precision Rifle Expo and Black Friday stuff has started rolling in
    Picked this up for my Long Range gun at the Expo Discount
    IMG_0644.jpg

MidSouth ran these on sale for Black Friday...hard to beat $120 ea and free shipping

IMG_0664.jpg

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    As many of you know, I've been helping the widow of a dear friend dispose of his reloading equipment and supplies. Today I returned the unsold die sets and looked for a few specific items to fill some reloaded ammo requests for two of his shooting friends and brass a forum member could use. His wife has asked me more than once what she should pay me...NOTHING and I will not accept any $, I was fulfilling a promise I made to my friend 3 days before he died. All told, so far, the widow has received $10,070 from items sold (and I thank you all!). I'm now waiting for payment on a 45acp bullet mould, the brass I brought back today, and some 45/70 and 45 autorim reloads, and that should be the end. Today I showed her son the 2 piles of ammo, reloading supplies, and reloading equipment he is to take.

I did say to his wife there is one pistol that he tried to sell me repeatedly the last couple of years (I really did want it and he knew it so we kidded back and forth about it), but I hesitated. She asked the model number and we decided to discuss it when I came over today. She opened a safe and it was found. Condition was beautiful. I said they actually get sold in the $9xx-$1xxx range on Gunbroker (looking at sold items). Let's discuss how much you want for it. She handed it to me and said it's now yours and there is no charge. I will treasure this revolver and the friendship I had with him.

S&W Model 25-2, 6 1/2" bbl, 45acp/45 autorim. Made sometime in 1978-1980 per the serial number. Grips may not be "original" as they were made Jun 6, 1989.

932067A3-1AC4-40B8-965F-72674C88CB1D.jpeg
    854BFCE1-23EF-418C-AEDE-DBBE1CC48A1B.jpeg

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    As many of you know, I've been helping the widow of a dear friend dispose of his reloading equipment and supplies. Today I returned the unsold die sets and looked for a few specific items to fill some reloaded ammo requests for two of his shooting friends and brass a forum member could use. His wife has asked me more than once what she should pay me...NOTHING and I will not accept any $, I was fulfilling a promise I made to my friend 3 days before he died. All told, so far, the widow has received $10,070 from items sold (and I thank you all!). I'm now waiting for payment on a 45acp bullet mould, the brass I brought back today, and some 45/70 and 45 autorim reloads, and that should be the end. Today I showed her son the 2 piles of ammo, reloading supplies, and reloading equipment he is to take.

I did say to his wife there is one pistol that he tried to sell me repeatedly the last couple of years (I really did want it and he knew it so we kidded back and forth about it), but I hesitated. She asked the model number and we decided to discuss it when I came over today. She opened a safe and it was found. Condition was beautiful. I said they actually get sold in the $9xx-$1xxx range on Gunbroker (looking at sold items). Let's discuss how much you want for it. She handed it to me and said it's now yours and there is no charge. I will treasure this revolver and the friendship I had with him.

S&W Model 25-2, 6 1/2" bbl, 45acp/45 autorim. Made sometime in 1978-1980 per the serial number. Grips may not be "original" as they were made Jun 6, 1989.

View attachment 139736 View attachment 139737
    Buddy I have had some friends but not sure I’ve had any of your caliber. You are the definition of stand up guy!

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Had a close call today.

My friend had some boxes and ammo cans of misc cast bullets (range pickups, pulled bullets, bullets with flaws, bullets with crooked gas checks, lubed bullets that had gotten dirty, bullets he had no use for as-is, etc...stuff he'd gathered to melt and cast into bullets he could use). I'd bought them from the estate at a dollar a pound to melt down into ingots and eventually into bullets I could use. Almost started whole sale dumping them into a lead melting pot, but something made me slow down and dump a few pounds at a time into a pan so I could look at them before tossing into a pot with molten lead in it.

I found a live .22 round and a few live primers that must've fallen into a 30 cal ammo can of scrap lead bullets. Had those been tossed into molten lead...well, it wouldn't have been good. At a minimum the Tinsel Fairly would have visited. I did have gloves and eye protection on, but was not wearing my usual leather welding apron that is worn when bullet casting. I did then put my leather apron on.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Went to @oneshot's place yesterday evening and had a good chat with him while we modified a single shot 12 gauge.
    IMG_8826.jpg

Now I just need to figure out how to keep the wood forend from popping off so easily.
    IMG_8825.jpg

Anyone have any ideas?

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    that stud on the barrel looks to be bent just a little bit forward , where the springe snaps in. should have said something. may be able to tap it forward some with out breaking it loose.
    To be fair, I didn't get to your place till after dark and I only had the barrel in the shop. :)

Would I need to tap it a little further forward or should it be closer to a true 90 degree angle?

Top Bottom