• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Picked up a new, to me, 1911 this morning that I had transferred Friday. Excellent pistol, if the weather holds out I'm going to make a range trip in the morning.
    In between working nights this weekend I went to CORE and shot a USPSA match. This one had three classifier stages which I needed, hopefully have enough before April. I find myself having the opportunity to shoot this discipline more than IDPA here lately.
    Looking forward to the steel challenge in April...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    ^ pics or it didn't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    ^ pics or it didn't happen.

Ha. Working on that and the videos from Saturday. I'll put a couple in the handgun section.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Have you ever seen this program before TennJeep? I just watched it a couple days ago on my youtube feed. Looks like it would be a really fun tool.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8lrMtb7tLc

I've seen those SIRT pistols in the past, but I've shied away from them because I feel like I would end up looking over the sights to see where the laser hit, instead of paying attention to the sight picture. I'll try to go back and watch the entire video sometime soon because it looks like the've got something new going on with the targets. I'll probably still stay away, however, because those guns don't feel like real guns and the triggers don't feel the same either. I'll most likely just stick with my usual dry fire.

Sounds like the pin in a sig 556 bolt, hole was min spec pin max spec and installed by a press. Could not budge it in a vice. Sent to Sigand was fixed, no charge.

This particular pin is flared on both ends to keep it in. The last pistol I had just punched out easily, but this one is super difficult. I may have to drill it out.

madeSICC88

Master
    Yea I have no experience with any of that sort of stuff but from the video it looks like a pretty cool program. I've seen those cheaper laserlyte type of trainer targets but this looks like a much more accurate product.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

MarkS

Master
    Cleaned a Marlin 22lr that had lint on the inside with the hammer and sear, glad I looked down the barrel and spotted how much lint was trapped in the light coat of oil that must of been put on before it was stored, I'm guessing in a closet. It's all cleaned up now and should run like a champ when I get time to go play with it.

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Got in my order of .308" 220gr expanding subsonic bullets from Blackoutbullets.com. Now to work up (down) some loads in the 1000fps range with those bullets in the Blackout and then test for accuracy. I am thinking of trying for a subsonic hog kill. Maybe the less noise might cause the other hogs to stick around a few seconds too long for their health.

SAWMAN

Master
    That big ol' boy that we just got on game cam would be a great test case for the slow and heavy.

OR NOT !! --- SAWMAN

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Just ordered the final part for my new build. I've got 11 tracking numbers all at once. Pretty sure it is the most expensive build possible.

Daezee

Master
    Worked up and chronographed some 220gr 300 Blackout subsonic expanding bullet loads in the 1000-1050fps range. Ended up with 3 loads, 2 with H110 and 1 with AA#9 in the Ruger American Ranch Rifle. Will shoot for accuracy sometime this week.

It's times like this that I continue to be thankful that my wife found some rural property for sale to rebuild on after our Pensacola home burnt. As a courtesy, when I'm gonna shoot on our property, I simply let her know and whether it'll be suppressed and whether subsonic or supersonic so she isn't startled or worried. All my neighbors are fine about gunfire.

Fletch

Master
    Got the handguard and gas block in the mail and installed on a 6.5 Grendel I picked up on the forum. Ammo should be in soon. Can't wait to see how it shoots.
    a3b3960eca96d8c03eb51b7de0cdaf56.jpg

Daezee

Master
    Fired for accuracy my subsonic, expanding 300 Blackout test rounds. 2 of the 3 loads tried gave the best groups. Will now fire again those 2 best loads. The backstop, 35 yards away, was a wet clay-dirt like bank. I dug 2 of the bullets out of it. Of course dirt is not the same as an animal, but the bullets did expand at that subsonic velocity as they are designed to do. One weighed 202 grains; one weighed 192 grains. Shot using a suppressor, no hearing protection was needed; sure could hear the bullet hit. The AA#9 load was a touch quieter than the H110 load, probably cuzz AA#9 is a faster burning powder. No idea if they will function an AR, as I was using a bolt gun for the utmost in quiet.

DSCN3037.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN3037.JPG
      DSCN3037.JPG
      60.8 KB · Views: 237
    Last edited:

bohica793

Master
    Got the handguard and gas block in the mail and installed on a 6.5 Grendel I picked up on the forum. Ammo should be in soon. Can't wait to see how it shoots.
    a3b3960eca96d8c03eb51b7de0cdaf56.jpg

I LOVE my Grendel. 6.5 gives you a great choice of high bc rounds to load with and the accuracy is amazing. View attachment 41426
    Mine did this with Hornady 123 Amax factory rounds at 300 yards last weekend. The first five shot group I overestimated the bullet drop by one MOA. Adjusted the scope for the second group. I love this rifle.

BTW, avoid PPU brass like the plague. I learned my lesson with it after two reloads.

Rapier

Marksman
    I LOVE my Grendel. 6.5 gives you a great choice of high bc rounds to load with and the accuracy is amazing. View attachment 41426
    Mine did this with Hornady 123 Amax factory rounds at 300 yards last weekend. The first five shot group I overestimated the bullet drop by one MOA. Adjusted the scope for the second group. I love this rifle.

BTW, avoid PPU brass like the plague. I learned my lesson with it after two reloads.

What is not to like about the Grendel, that is once you figure out there are two chamber cuts and two diffent sets of dies, one for each cut, just do not get the dies crossed up with your chamber. The 6.5 G is a fine round and a real killer with a 120 SMK.
    Ed

Rapier

Marksman
    Took the son's new 1911 slide up to Drew at Infinate Lasers for a bit of engraving.
    Ed

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Weird. Must be a 6.5 grendel bug going around. I just got all my parts in today.

JP enterprise 20" 1/8 twist barrel w/ matching bolt
    Aero precision billet upper
    JP enterprise adjustable gas block
    Midwest 15" keymod free float rail
    AAC 51T Brake

Optics:

Vortex 4-16x44 EBR-2c reticle
    Burris PEPR mount.

Supressor:
    AAC SDN-6 30cal

Cant wait to see the groupings with this one.

Will post pics and range report.

Got some:
    Prvi partizan: 120gr hpbt ammo
    Wolf ammo: 100gr hpbt ammo
    Hornandy: 123gr amax ammo
    Hornandy: 123gr sst ammo

Doc

Last edited:
    Top Bottom