• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Recently got a battery tester and have been testing every battery in my home. The CT grips on my Ruger SP101 seem to be working fine but I took the grips off and tested the 2032's anyway. This was the stronger of the two, guess I shouldn't be surprised since they'd been in there since, um... 2007.:redface:

2zizew8.jpg

I received my new Elftmann Tactical 3 Gun Single Stage Curved Bow Modular Trigger for my Battle Arms Development build I am working on. I was going to use a LaRue Tactical MBT-2S, but decided to go another route. Anyhow, it is now installed and it feels great. BTW, for you AR guys, this is adjustable from 2.5 - 4 lbs. I an not sure what the set pull is from the factory, but it is very light.

RackinRay

Master
    Got out with some work buddies to shoot on some land one owns in Al. We busted some caps! LOL

I had failures with two guns that I knew I should have addressed the causes before running them to sight in, but procrastinated. One was failure to check and ensure mount on Ruger 22/45 lite had loc-tite on the base screws, they did not of course. Second avoidable was trying to sight in a rifle with a BCD scope on it that I did not have directions to, and it has been many years since I fooled with BCD scopes. Came home and it now wears a simpler Nikon 2-7 that I bet I like better. Last failure was not foreseen, and I hope I figured it out. It was on a 10-22. More later, if my fix fails I may be seeking some assistance and insights!

Got it fixed! Trigger return spring was not resetting the trigger. Blew it clear with some can air and did a little lubrication, then blew that out after a few minutes. Trigger resetting, and works flawlessly now.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Well I just knew I would wake up to see at least 3 shotguns that I have been looking for 4 sale because I bit the bullet and ordered a new one. So far so good.

Ryan

Master
    everyone must have got their tax returns this week....sold a lot of guns this week. Picking up a small carry gun to get me by since I'll lose my permit once I'm in SC.

rtprthd

Master
    everyone must have got their tax returns this week....sold a lot of guns this week. Picking up a small carry gun to get me by since I'll lose my permit once I'm in SC.
    Saw that. Wish you had that XDm listed two months ago. One of the best carry guns out there IMO.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ryan

Master
    It's a great gun. Good mix between a G26/G19 without any finger grooves. The PRP trigger makes it an amazing trigger. I'm just running a lot at night time and am looking at getting one of those band things to bring a gun along.

yeah tax returns are in just sold most of the xdm left overs between the last message I posted and this. Thank God for gun forums lol.

madeSICC88

Master
    Got my barrel in today, once I had it in hand I just had to mock up the upper to see how it all fits, now I get to start on the lower.
    Really happy with how the upper cam together. Didn't put the surefire brake on it yet as i still need to torque down the barrel nut and once I get the lower receiver it's going to get some paint too.
    Only thing that kind of drives me crazy is that the handguard blocks the adjustment screws for the gas block just enough to make it to where I can't access the with the handguard on.
    c5b96249a5df434814cdbf82a242b4b7.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Went out to the SRSC this with another member (ccc). Helped him sight in his newly assembled AR with his new VORTEX SPARC II. He is now one happy camper. I tested out the trigger on the new lower I built. In one word, SWEEEEET. I also tested the new A2 Commando I just built. It performed in a stellar fashion. All I had to do to zero it (50 yards) was run the FSP down a little bit. Windage was right on. I also helped another person (whom I knew) out there who had an issue come up. His trigger would not release the hammer, not would the selector rotate to safe. Sine I had this happen once to me, I knew exactly what the issue was - blown primer. I took out the hammer and removed the trigger pin to free up the trigger and there was the primer. Put everything back together and he was back to shooting in no time. It sure pays to know a thing or two. You never know who will need help.

Garpo

Master
    Brought home a Ruger LC9s. Not sure why I bought it - more of an impulse buy. The jury will be out on this one until I get a chance to shoot it and see how well I like carrying it concealed.

rtprthd

Master
    Brought home a Ruger LC9s. Not sure why I bought it - more of an impulse buy. The jury will be out on this one until I get a chance to shoot it and see how well I like carrying it concealed.
    Curious to know how the new trigger is. The old dao was loooooong.

Garpo

Master
    Curious to know how the new trigger is. The old dao was loooooong.

After dry firing it I will say the trigger is shorter than the old DAO LC9 and with a crisp break but the reset is a lot longer than any of my other striker fired pistols. However, it is more suited for SD than completion.

Gas Port

Master
    Got my range bag ready for the IDPA match in the morning. Only goty a box of 12 gauge so hopefully no reshoots on the side match.

Daezee

Master
    Tried out my new-to-me 300BLK AR. Shot my 3 existing hunting loads with 2 different suppressors and 3 different muzzle devices to find the most accurate combo for hunting. Found a good combo (which I then chronographed) so I'll be able to set up 2 night hunting rifles both equipped with thermal and suppressor at the same time. This fits in with my plan of taking a friend's daughter night time hog hunting. Maybe this fat boy will meet his demise. SUNP0020.JPG

There are also some future porkers in the same area. SUNP0018.JPG

Attachments

• SUNP0020.JPG
      SUNP0020.JPG
      920.7 KB · Views: 208
    • SUNP0018.JPG
      SUNP0018.JPG
      1.1 MB · Views: 209

Dan1612

Master
    Today I shot idpa with the gang, and fitted a new plug to my carry gun.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456105202.867258.jpg
    I also decided that if I can get a good deal, I'll buy a gray Vickers 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456105202.867258.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456105202.867258.jpg
      31.2 KB · Views: 192

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Well I worked, then drove 3 hours home so don't feel too bad.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter

I did the same thing a couple of months ago. I like it for when I don't want to bother with my .45 but there is barely noticeable difference in size between it and the XDs. Of course the .45 is heavier.

Last edited:
    Nocked the dust of my .17hmr shot a little.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I shot the GSSF match (poorly) near Montgomery Saturday morning, then I drove back home and swapped the 650 from 9mm to 223 to sell to a forum member this afternoon.

Yesterday I sold a bunch of extra Dillon parts on Enos, so I need to ship them out either today or tomorrow. I also tried (and failed) to remove and replace the trigger pin in my CZ Shadow yesterday. I ended up bending a punch still didn't get it out. I'm going to leave it alone until after the classifier this Saturday.

Last week was crazy so I didn't do any dry fire before the GSSF match, and it showed big time. I'm going to hit it hard this week so hopefully that won't happen again.

Top Bottom