• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeSICC88

Master
    Shitty morning at the range for me, took my 1911 out to put some rounds through it to loosen it up a little after getting it Cerakoted. The trigger was really gritty when I got it back, feels like the trigger bar channels didn't get cleaned out good or they just aren't smooth as they were before, I will need to take it apart and smooth them out but I'm a little hesitant to mess with it as I have been known to put a scratch or 2 on it when taking it down before.

Also took out my Ar15 to finally try out one of the Geissele triggers I had got a while ago. What I had forgot about was that I also had ordered a few Spikes T2 buffers and had put one in this rifle and hadn't shot it yet either. And of course it is a little to heavy for this rifle when using cheap Tula ammo so it would eject but wasn't reciprocating enough to pick up the new round, so I was shooting bolt action style for about 15 rounds before I said fuck it and packed up. I'm sure it will cycle fine with some hotter stuff but that Tula didn't have enough for it.

But between the new trigger, the muzzle brake, the heavy buffer and the weak ammo, that rifle shot like a damn dream haha. Absolutely 0 recoil. Was kind of nice. I might try taking out a little bit of the tungsten power in the buffer, just enough to get it to cycle and see how it feels.

Also the Geissele G2S trigger is pretty nice, has just a little grit on the 1st stage as its not as refined as the high end Geisseles are, and the 2nd stage breaks just like the rest of them IMO. The first stage should smooth out too as I put more rounds through it. It's a nice trigger and I got it for $125 on a New Years sale, I don't know if it's quite as good as some of the other options out there if you are paying the normal price of like $150-160. But for $125 I thinks it's a awesome option.

Dan1612

Master
    ^ an idiot scratch would be a shame on that new paint job. Insert it with the arm hanging down, then pull halfway out and swing right, then push straight into the notch.
    I've never seen the need for H2s, all they seem to do is reduce the reliable operation window for a minimal reduction in recoil. Try a Dragon if recoil is an issue.
    Love love love Geissele, great choice! Lots of great options at different prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Yea I would be so pissed to scratch it like that, I had got pretty good at getting it in with out issue but I still get nervous every time.

I had never tried the heavier buffers before and got these for pretty cheap so I figured I'd try them. I meant to throw the standard buffer in my bag but I had forgot to do it.

I also have a SD-C trigger for my next rifle, thought I had ordered the enhanced version but I looked at my order summary and I must of clicked the wrong trigger and got the C instead for the E. I was charged for the C so I'm not too worried about it.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    The only thing I run H2 buffers in are my suppressed guns. I've never seen a need for one in a properly spec'd gun. The SD-C is a nice trigger, I prefer it to the E version when the heart rate gets up there. You can change your C to a E with a spring change. You can order the springs directly from Geissele.

Ryan

Master
    had some 1 on 1 instructor time to diagnose what I'm doing wrong. Easy fix with relation to limp wristing and trying to overcompensate for weak wrists with a super heavy grip. Pulled out the old Sig P229 DAK 40 and it felt incredibly strange but felt good.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I questioned my sanity by shooting a USPSA match this morning. It was cold for a while, but felt nice by the time the mercy was over. The first stage wasn't great, but the rest were solid. I forgot to stick around and get the scores, so I'm waiting for them to be sent out before I can finish editing the video.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    I made holsters. Lots of holsters! And a few knife sheaths....

madeSICC88

Master
    Took the plunge and took apart my 1911 so that I could clean up the trigger bar and channels to get it free and smooth again. Got that all taken care of and got it back together with no hiccups or scratches, I was very happy.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Took the plunge and took apart my 1911 so that I could clean up the trigger bar and channels to get it free and smooth again. Got that all taken care of and got it back together with no hiccups or scratches, I was very happy.

Was there aluminum oxide blasting media in there, by any chance? I ran into that problem when I got my Rem 700 bolt Cerakoted. I got it back and the ejector hole was full of blasting media.

madeSICC88

Master
    It looked like it was overspray from the Cerakote that didn't get cleaned up. There was some loose build up in the corners of the channels that I assumed was Cerakote. The trigger bar also had Cerakote on the first half of both sides. I used some fine grit paper to get that off and then polished it and its moving freely now for the most part. There is one small "catch" I can feel when I release to reset the trigger. I'll shoot it some more and see if that will smooth it out before i strip it again.

I guess it might of been some of that media if it's a metallic color. The rest of the pistol was clean.

Last edited:

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Twiddling my thumbs, patiently waiting for my new SR762 to arrive.
    Looking at the interesting mods available. I'll decide after it arrives.
    Actually, not patient at all.
    Anybody have one? Thoughts?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I did some dry fire last night and my mag release button was starting to stick toward the end of the session. I put a few drops of oil on it, but it still wasn't quite right. I'm going to detail strip the gun tonight and clean everything up. I recently tumbled my dummy rounds and had some tumbling media falling out of them, so a piece of that may have gotten down around the mag release. I think I'm also going to swap in a 8.5lb mainspring and test it for function this weekend.

madeSICC88

Master
    Twiddling my thumbs, patiently waiting for my new SR762 to arrive.
    Looking at the interesting mods available. I'll decide after it arrives.
    Actually, not patient at all.
    Anybody have one? Thoughts?
    Damn I would be checking tracking every hour haha.

I haven't ever played with the Ruger but I did get to with the Sig 716 DMR this winter, it was awesome. I didn't get to shoot it as it was built for that international sniper comp and hadn't been broken in yet but hopefully next time I will get to. Never shot a piston AR before.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Got my RCBS chargemaster in today! Followed the mods in the video by 8541 tactical and ran some loads through it! Works great. Waiting on the reducing straw to come in. Looks like it works great!!!! Weighed loads against 2 other scales and was right on!!!

Very impressed so far!!!!

Doc

Dan1612

Master
    Got my SBR approved. Whoo Hoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Installed my JP Silent Captured Spring (JPSCS-15) in my night gun today. (Bison 18" 6.8SPCII.) I put in a AR Gold trigger awhile back. Have not shot the gun yet,but cycled by hand. This action is super quiet. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom