• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ksenter

Master
    I've had the fortis REV but unfortunately... Well it got "shot out" if you will. Lol. Wanted to get rid of the 52" of rail space I had on the rifle and drop some weight.

Dan1612

Master
    Dan1612: why did you need a host lower for a suppressor? I'm confused ?
    Kenny, Jeep and Poff are right. Since I don't have stamps yet, Nate was gracious enough to let me run my 11" upper on his SBR lower.

So upper has to be married to only 1 lower?

That's what thought. That it can be on a pistol lower. Just wasn't sure so I asked.

Dan1612

Master
    That's what thought. That it can be on a pistol lower. Just wasn't sure so I asked.
    Right, I'll be putting it on a WC stripped with all the correct parts except for a shockwave blade, which I'll remove and replace with a Rogers/WC SS once the govt gives me permission.

Skippy02

Marksman
    I get that it was an sbr now that I look closer at the pic but I didn't think you could take delivery of your suppressor till the stamp was received? Is the can your buying Nate's and he currently holds the stamp for it?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    I don't have possession. I ordered it from WC, they built it and filed a form 3 to transfer it to Nate. He currently has legal possession until the form 4 comes back to deliver to me.
    You can buy any can you want, and Nate will file a form 4 to transfer to you for only $50.

As far as sound: I expected it to be a little more metallic from the action, like it was the last time I shot suppressed 300 subs, but it wasn't. It was just quiet. It sounds like you're wearing plugs, except you're not. It has a lot of internal volume, they use the same size and design for all their suppressors, which definitely helps with such a low pressure round. There was no blowback, loud crack or anything unpleasant and virtually no recoil. It's a much more comfortable and convenient way to shoot. I have no idea why they're so restricted if the govt is so worried about our health and welfare.

poff09

Marksman
    If I understand correctly u can "visit" ur can in NFA jail whenever u want as long as its convenient with ur NFA dealer (Nate) but can't take it home till stamps in hand

I'm sure others will be along to correct me...I'm too broke to play the NFA GAMES

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I don't have possession. I ordered it from WC, they built it and filed a form 3 to transfer it to Nate. He currently has legal possession until the form 4 comes back to deliver to me.

So what happens if for some reason you're not approved and now the suppressor has been used?

Dan1612

Master
    Now I'm just sitting here going "hmmm, what else can I suppress?"

Top Bottom