Marksman
    Cleaned guns guns and some more guns

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    The only thing i have done gun related today is look at this forum

Gas Port

Master
    Picked up a S&W 686 Stainless with a 4 inch barrel from Gary Riley in Crestview this morning. Good and tight with a smooth trigger. Already dropped it off to Jogan for a neon green holster.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I loaded up the remainder of the .40 bullets I had on hand. Ended up being just shy of 600. I'm gonna switch the 650 over to 9mm this afternoon after I cut the grass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    shot a little timber rattler with a .22 bluetip snake/rat shot....my lab was barking at the ground, alerted me..

good girl..

gendoc

Master
    just finished my custom built .460 encore rifle barrel... kinda like Whataburger..."just like I like it"
    next few weeks for the finishing accurizing & cosmetic touches. :smokin:

shadeogray

Master
    Got a S&W 500, 40 rounds of ammo for it. Went to Oak ridge gun range and Drooled over the XDg in 9mm, probably my next purchase.

Django

Master
    Got a S&W 500, 40 rounds of ammo for it. Went to Oak ridge gun range and Drooled over the XDg in 9mm, probably my next purchase.

I kept looking at that S&W 500 in the for sale section trying to come up with a trade (in my head). How do you like that beast? I love revolvers and that's the biggest and baddest mo fo out there.

Dan1612

Master
    I kept looking at that S&W 500 in the for sale section trying to come up with a trade (in my head). How do like that beast? I love revolvers and that's the biggest and baddest mo fo out there.
    It's as stupid and as wonderful as owning a pet elephant. If a 4" popped up, I'm not sure I could resist. I miss mine.

shadeogray

Master
    It was not in shall we say like new condition, not bad condition, just minor issues. It had a few spots of corrosion on both sights and trigger and hammer and the stainless around the rear site had corrosion just starting, all of it just light corrosion, easily removed and re finished. It was also dirty as hell inside, shot and not cleaned or not cleaned well. Basically nothing I can not fix like new in one or two hours. I am in the process of prepping everything for re-bluing now, but I am being held up by the rear windage screw. Needs some kind of special tool similar to security screws to be removed. The front site I will have to blue in place, no getting that puppy off with out a huge hassle. Trigger is feels like match quality, I love it. I got some sub 300 grain rounds and 400 grain rounds when I am ready to fire it up. I'm happy with it, I admit I am a bit nervous to shoot it for the first time, any sane person would be. This thing looks like something Bugs Bunny would pull out of a carpet bag, built like a tank and I love every line of it. Carman was a good guy to deal with, I would deal with him again.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Blueing? There stainless.
    You haven't shot it yet? Go shoot it before you start reloading for it, it's not everyone's cup of tea. Black cerakote frame looks pretty awesome on them, if the trigger, cylinder and compensator is left stainless.
    Word of advice, load and shoot one round at a time for your first few boxes. They can and will double tap in rookie hands. Scary.

Django

Master
    I was wondering the same thing. I thought it was stainless.

shadeogray

Master
    It is stainless except for the Hammer, trigger and sights, On this particular gun...

Latest posts

Top Bottom