• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • timc

Expert
    So my buddy called me today and said that Mid-south shooter supply called him yesterday about a back-order for Tightgroup that was made almost a year ago. two 8# kegs. They wanted to know if he still wanted them. Well, hell yes we still want it. They even honored the price of $115ish per bottle. So it will be just over $130/8#s after we split shipping and hazmat. So, cool! that we have more pistol powder coming but even more cool that mid-south seems to be a damn good company to work with.
    I have always had a good experience with Midsouth. If an item isn't back ordered, they ship really fast. Their prices are great too

Idoono

Master
    Tried out my new Chargemaster yesterday and love it. Being able to complete one bullet while the machine automatically weighs out another charge saved me so much time that I was truly amazed. I think this is the best thing I have gotten this year.

Idoono

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I found some 22lr ammo for a decent price on Midway the other day. Super fast shipping, but this is what the inside of the box looked like when I opened it:

20150705_114920_zps3dcyz74l.jpg

All 3 boxes are open and have spilled. It wouldn't be so bad, except that I promised one box to a friend, so now I have to go through and count out everything.

Seanpcola

Got digital scales Jeep? Weigh one round, multiply by 550, find target weight and just add rounds till you hit the magic number.

Oops, just saw those were 333 round bricks, not 550.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Got digital scales Jeep? Weigh one round, multiply by 550, find target weight and just add rounds till you hit the magic number.

I've got a small one, but I don't think it has a high enough capacity for an entire box. I may be able to use it for 50 rounds at a time, though.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I've been taking advantage of the dreary weather and trying to straighten up my gun room. I finally got around to making a little stand for my 2 reloading presses when they're not mounted on the bench. It isn't pretty but it works.

20150705_161418_zpsi2ujwbti.jpg

20150705_161430_zpsoxum5iz4.jpg

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Question...Magpul the only one that makes anti tilt followers worth buying?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Thanks Skip, that's what I was thinking. Off to Midway I go...

Seanpcola

Took out my complete, vast collection of firearms, quick cleaned, updated serial number and accessory list, photo documented everything, made copies of everything to stash in different places.

That took about 20 minutes............had to change batteries in the camera.:behindsofa:

gendoc

Master
    went to a ladies house and extinguished several (many) tree-rats from her trees and bird feeders
    they are living in her attic and eating her garden completely up !!!
    aka- varmints.
    with my grandson's custom cricket I built him. that thing is super bad-ass with cci quiets @ 20yrds.
    4x32 pro-diamond scope with chamber, bolt & crown work....
    gave a dozen or so of them to needy folks that really appreciated them.
    good day it was.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Took out my complete, vast collection of firearms, quick cleaned, updated serial number and accessory list, photo documented everything, made copies of everything to stash in different places.

That took about 20 minutes............had to change batteries in the camera.:behindsofa:

So it took you longer to change the batteries then take the pictures? So vast collection is just one...

timc

Expert
    Thanks Skip, that's what I was thinking. Off to Midway I go...

I'm not sure what Midway is charging for the followers and the shipping. But aimsurplus has 3 packs of the Magpul followers in foliage green for $6.60. Shipping is free on all Magpul items at aim surplus.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Thanks Timc, I forgot about that. Midway is a little bit cheaper, $5.65, but I'm sure shipping is crazy.

Clay

Master
    Thanks Timc, I forgot about that. Midway is a little bit cheaper, $5.65, but I'm sure shipping is crazy.

Not sure if they still have it but free shipping at midway yesterday on any order over $25 for the Fourth of July

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    made copies of everything to stash in different places.

If you have gmail account or Verizon phone or Amazon Prime, upload them to the FREE cloud space they offer. That way if your entire house is destroyed there will still be a copy available.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    went to a ladies house and extinguished several (many) tree-rats from her trees and bird feeders

My wife can't understand why I wage war on squirrels, possums, and armadillos.
    I just got a brick of Aguila Super Colibri. Now she doesn't even know that I'm shooting them. In spite of the warning on the box about not using them in rifles, they shoot just fine out of an old 1940s Mossberg target rifle. They are making me have second thoughts about buying a suppressor. Of course, they are pretty wimpy past about 20 yards.

Seanpcola

If you have gmail account or Verizon phone or Amazon Prime, upload them to the FREE cloud space they offer. That way if your entire house is destroyed there will still be a copy available.

I do indeed upload to Verizon Cloud but I also put info on flash drives and disperse them at work in the safe there and usually a copy to my dad. Learned my lesson when hurricane Ivan flushed my house like a toilet.

Squirrels, Dillos and such I have the mighty sniper Ruger pellet rifle. I still can't get over the punch that thing has at close range. Makes me want to look at some real high end air rifles.

Top Bottom