DK Firearms

What’s waiting for you in your reloading room in 2024?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sounds crazy but I'm trying reload .45 acp, .327federal magnum and 7.62x54r if that is possible to do. Like I said I'm beginner and reloading and trying gather knowledge as much as I can.
    .45 ACP is a good round to begin with…nice fat round, pleasure to work with, ton of reloading data.

327 federal magnum is a relatively newer round so you need a newly published reloading manual OR data straight from the powder manufactures web site. On the Lee Precision manual, make sure if has the “Revised 2021“ on the cover, I have the older and newer
    “second edition”, both look the same, the newer one having the the above on the cover.

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I need to build back stock up my 9mm and 40 so that's ahead first for me. Also want to develop a better practice round for my Taurus 38 revolver.

As for the new guy - I read a second hand Lyman manual cover to cover before I ever walked into Dads reloading room years ago (which is now mine). Research & choose your press carefully, a lot of what you can/will do and how well you can/will do it will hing off that. I'm a dillon fan, but that's prob cause it's my primary press and experience.
    Bullseye and Unique are favorites of mine for 38 plinking loads.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Youtube has tons of info and Hornady and others have load data. I started with shotgun shells which are fairly forgiving! Pistol and rifle, not so much! You def want your loads to be correct, especially if shooting Glocks and other polymer pistols! All metal pistols can take a lil extra power but I usually load on the lower end of the range! If says 5.0-6.4 grains! I’ll go 5.0. I broke a couple Glocks when I first started, so I’m much more careful!

Top Bottom