• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Been reading up on this. Last year after hunting season, i went to the eye doctor because i couldnt see close up with my contacts anymore. She had me only use one contact in my dominant right eye. Gave me headaches for a few weeks and i made it work. Fast fwd to hunting season and im missing dove and squirrel like never before. Picked up a pistol this afternoon and brought it up to sight and im seeing double! If i focus on the sights im using my left eye. If i focus on the target, im using my right eye. Looks like i have some training to do. Anybody else ever have this problem?

Last edited:

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been reading up on this. Last year after hunting season, i went to the eye doctor because i couldnt see close up with my contacts anymore. She had me only use one contact in my dominant right eye. Gave me headaches for a few weeks and i made it work. Fast fwd to hunting season and im missing dove and squirrel like never before. Picked up a pistol this afternoon and brought it up to sight and im seeing double! If i focus on the sights im using my left eye. If i focus on the target, im using my right eye. Looks like i have some training to do. Anybody else ever have this problem?
    Focus on the front sight, let the rear and target blur. When shooting offhand close the dominant eye, when shooting strong hand close the non-dominant eye. Perform small circles till the shakes line up with the point of aim during the Squeeze/trigger pull process. JMHO.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That will help, but you need to find and eye doctor that shoots. He will be able to fit you with shooting glasses. Shooting glasses are made to help with those problems They won’t replace your ever day glasses but they will help your shooting . I lucked up when an eye doctor started shoot bowling pens at my range and fix me up with the right glasses. I went from the middle of the pack to the top tier group of shooters in short order. It helps when you can see what you’re shooting at.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That will help, but you need to find and eye doctor that shoots. He will be able to fit you with shooting glasses. Shooting glasses are made to help with those problems They won’t replace your ever day glasses but they will help your shooting . I lucked up when an eye doctor started shoot bowling pens at my range and fix me up with the right glasses. I went from the middle of the pack to the top tier group of shooters in short order. It helps when you can see what you’re shooting at.
    And all the children worry about shooting against me when "THE FORCE IS WITH ME!" They have to call where my rounds strike, (they know I can't see that far anymore) but it seems that they all qualify EXPERT with pistols in thier hands and outscore thier Military Trainers even though the ARMY doesn't allocate a single pistol round towards thier training. Frown Face!

Top Bottom