• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    CZ has got to be better than what was running colt. Colt has been run by investment people looking for a quick buck without putting anything back into the company.
    youtube former colt employee

PRAGUE (AP) — Czech firearms company Ceska Zbrojovka has signed a deal to acquire Colt, the American gun maker that helped develop revolvers in the 19th century and has since supplied the armed forces in the U.S. and other countries.
    Ceska Zbrojovka Group SE said Friday that it has purchased all the shares in Colt Holding Company LLC, the parent company of Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC and its Canadian subsidiary, Colt Canada Corp.

The deal is worth $220 million and 1,098,620 newly issued shares in Ceska Zbrojovk and is subject to approval by regulators. The Czech company said it expected the transaction to be completed in the second quarter of 2021.
    “With this strategic move, CZG will acquire significant production capacity in the United States and Canada and substantially expand its global customer base,” the Czech company said.
    The Czech company has some 1,650 workers in the Czech Republic, United States and Germany.
    Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2021-02-12/us-gun-maker-colt-bought-by-czech-company

makats

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    CZ has got to be better than what was running colt. Colt has been run by investment people looking for a quick buck without putting anything back into the company.
    youtube former colt employee

PRAGUE (AP) — Czech firearms company Ceska Zbrojovka has signed a deal to acquire Colt, the American gun maker that helped develop revolvers in the 19th century and has since supplied the armed forces in the U.S. and other countries.
    Ceska Zbrojovka Group SE said Friday that it has purchased all the shares in Colt Holding Company LLC, the parent company of Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC and its Canadian subsidiary, Colt Canada Corp.

The deal is worth $220 million and 1,098,620 newly issued shares in Ceska Zbrojovk and is subject to approval by regulators. The Czech company said it expected the transaction to be completed in the second quarter of 2021.
    “With this strategic move, CZG will acquire significant production capacity in the United States and Canada and substantially expand its global customer base,” the Czech company said.
    The Czech company has some 1,650 workers in the Czech Republic, United States and Germany.
    Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Probably right. Also should make it easier for CZ to get more of their guns into US with manufacturing facilities here to bypass the 922r requirements.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like CZ, when I bought my first one there were some in the gun snob class that thought CZs were just Eurotrash for hipsters. But not so much anymore.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Better CZ than another Freedom Group hedge fund run by bean counters from NYC....now that said, I’m sure most folks will be happy vs the folks who own one of the 1k CZ 1911’s made in 2015...since now that CZ can crank them out as they please...(clink on link)

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As far as patriotism goes, I’d posit there are a lot of Czechs who could school a lot of Americans on the cost of freedom slipping through their fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From wiki

Gun laws in the Czech Republic in many respects differ from those in other Member states of the European Union (see Gun laws in the European Union). A gun in the Czech Republic is available to anybody subject to acquiring a shall issue firearms license. Gun licenses may be obtained in a way similar to a driving license – by passing a gun proficiency exam, medical examination and having a clean criminal record. Unlike in most other European countries, the Czech gun legislation also permits a citizen to carry a concealed weapon for self-defense – 250,342 out of 307,372 legal gun owners have a concealed carry permit (31 Dec 2020).[4] The vast majority of Czech gun owners possess their firearms for protection, with hunting and sport shooting being less common.[5]
    Gunshop
    1613187263397.png

makats

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    From wiki

Gun laws in the Czech Republic in many respects differ from those in other Member states of the European Union (see Gun laws in the European Union). A gun in the Czech Republic is available to anybody subject to acquiring a shall issue firearms license. Gun licenses may be obtained in a way similar to a driving license – by passing a gun proficiency exam, medical examination and having a clean criminal record. Unlike in most other European countries, the Czech gun legislation also permits a citizen to carry a concealed weapon for self-defense – 250,342 out of 307,372 legal gun owners have a concealed carry permit (31 Dec 2020).[4] The vast majority of Czech gun owners possess their firearms for protection, with hunting and sport shooting being less common.[5]
    Gunshop
    View attachment 108295
    Interesting did not know that even though I've been to Check Republic several times myself.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    The 2nd isn't just for Americans. I think CZ and the Czechs appreciate the 2nd more than the previous owners of Colt. God willing, they'll be able to do some great things if the political climate allows.
    That's right. Its a God given right to everybody, affirmed for us in our Constitution, but still present for all mankind whether or not it's on their peice of paper, and also whether or not they believe in God. God believes in them.

Last edited:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's also anti national security... I bet regulators shut them down. Unless the Biden administration puts in globalist regulators
    It'll be okay, biden will swing a deal with them to hire Hunter as a vice-president for a mere $1.5 million/year salary.

Top Bottom