DK Firearms

Undocumented workers afraid to come to Florida.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance

5lima30ret

Master
    What say you? I say good.

I think it is good but they should go a step further and not allow unlicensed out of the area contractors (especially roofers) into storm damaged areas! We had problems with unlicensed contractors not pulling permits for roof replacements in Baldwin County after Sally.

Many were from Birmingham area which has completely different building codes for roofs than Baldwin County! The so called warranties on shingles are worthless if there was no permit pulled and not inspected!

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Political hack article designed to cast DeSantis and Florida in negative light.

I assure you, illegal workers are here, there will be more.

Can't believe anyone would actually believe the article. I see hundreds of illegal workers every day locally because construction and associated trades are booming right now.

DustyDog

Master
    Political hack article designed to cast DeSantis and Florida in negative light.

I assure you, illegal workers are here, there will be more.

Can't believe anyone would actually believe the article. I see hundreds of illegal workers every day locally because construction and associated trades are booming right now.
    That too, but besides that... shouldn't they be afraid to break the law?

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    That too, but besides that... shouldn't they be afraid to break the law?

That would be nice... but...

Why would they be afraid? The border is wide open. Getting sent back is nothing more than an inconvenience. NO ONE is getting arrested and charged for illegally crossing the border, even DeSantis can't do anything about that.

People who abide by the law do so because they have things to lose... a man with not much to lose has no motivation to play by the rules.

In a perfect world, everyone would be motivated to play by the rules.

All CNN is doing is fanning the flames of hatred for DeSantis and Florida's way of doing business. I just passed a construction site... want to guess what ethnic group made up 98% of the people I saw?

DustyDog

Master
    That would be nice... but...

Why would they be afraid? The border is wide open. Getting sent back is nothing more than an inconvenience. NO ONE is getting arrested and charged for illegally crossing the border, even DeSantis can't do anything about that.

People who abide by the law do so because they have things to lose... a man with not much to lose has no motivation to play by the rules.

In a perfect world, everyone would be motivated to play by the rules.

All CNN is doing is fanning the flames of hatred for DeSantis and Florida's way of doing business. I just passed a construction site... want to guess what ethnic group made up 98% of the people I saw?
    Yep... just like all the headlines blaming DeSantis for Disney back-tracking on their plan to build a $1 billion "campus" in Florida. Dig a little deeper, and you'll see the real reason is that Disney's business is tanking... which the media then tries to blame on "climate change" : )

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peo...-deal-for-florida-than-we-thought/vi-AA1eSswZ

AND

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...ing-they-re-becoming-a-ghost-town/ar-AA1fiSvW

And as a customer at a firearms dealer I worked for 30 years ago in South Florida said:

"If you work for a living, pay your taxes, and obey the law (and here comes the ending that I didn't expect!), you're a damned fool !" : )

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    I frequent coastal areas between Panama City and Mobile, AL. I have seen no decline in the population most often steteotyped as illegal. In fact, there has been a steady increase in stores and restaurants centered around that ethnic group. What I've also seen is a steady increase/presence of eastern european wait staff in mid- to higher-priced dining establishments. I'm sure they're all just refugees, looking for safety, a better life, and a way to bring mama and papa to amerika...

Last edited:

DustyDog

Master
    I frequent coastal areas between Panama City and Mobile, AL. I have seen no decline in the population most often steteotyped as illegal. In fact, there has been a steady increase in stores and restaurants centered around that ethnic group. What I've also seen is a steady increase/presence of eastern european wait staff in mid- to higher-priced dining establishments. I'm sure they're all just refugees, looking for safety, a better life, and a way to bring mama and papa to amerika...
    re: the Eastern Europeans...

Must've been at least ten years ago when an apparently "Russian" girl... young and as hot as could be... working a beauty supply kiosk at a mall called me over. She started telling me about some nail care supplies they had, and began demonstrating the effects on one of my hands. I swear at one point she leaned in and whispered "I can meet you in the parking lot", or something to that effect. I still wonder if I was mistaken... she had a heavy accent and what she said was barely audible... but that's what I heard.

Key point being there was at least one, and maybe two, shady looking males... probably no older than 30, but stern, mafia-looking types... seated around the kiosk. Looked like she may have wanted to come here, but hadn't paid off the trip. Hell, maybe she was even here against her will.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance

Must've been at least ten years ago when an apparently "Russian" girl... young and as hot as could be... working a beauty supply kiosk at a mall called me over. She started telling me about some nail care supplies they had, and began demonstrating the effects on one of my hands. I swear at one point she leaned in and whispered "I can meet you in the parking lot", or something to that effect. I still wonder if I was mistaken... she had a heavy accent and what she said was barely audible... but that's what I heard.

Key point being there was at least one, and maybe two, shady looking males... probably no older than 30, but stern, mafia-looking types... seated around the kiosk. Looked like she may have wanted to come here, but hadn't paid off the trip. Hell, maybe she was even here against her will.
    Yep. Human trafficking. They bring em here and it becomes a company store situation. Their "sponsor" shady real estate company in gulf shores comes to mind. They are "paid" then deducts for food, group home lodging, etc, etc... are skimmed off. My stepson was dating one, a Ukrainian gal about 10 years ago. I'm sure it's still going on. Some "escape" by marriage to Cops or earn Their way clear. It sucks, but probably better than where they came from.

IronBeard

Master

Fear can certainly motivate an individual to do some out-of-character things.

Last edited:

tros6t

Marksman
    Undocumented. Is that the person who went to work without their documents? Every time I applied for a job, they wanted documents! They didn’t say, oh, you don’t have your documents? No problem! They said we have to see your Social Security card and a valid ID! When I vote, they also want to see documents! I’m confused! Others don’t need any of that?

BluesBrother

Master
    Undocumented. Is that the person who went to work without their documents? Every time I applied for a job, they wanted documents! They didn’t say, oh, you don’t have your documents? No problem! They said we have to see your Social Security card and a valid ID! When I vote, they also want to see documents! I’m confused! Others don’t need any of that?
    Nope, because these are undocumented democrats (they are illegals BTW) and potential voters for democrats. They don't need anything, clothes, food, shelter, medical, education, a skill. They just need to show up. We get to pay for it all. What does fjb care? He'll be long gone and forgotten before all the misery he has brought becomes our reality. Every election counts and comes with consequences.

2469cb9ca18eea7493740e2d40fe45df.png

@Ktchnking

Expert
    They enter our country criminally.
    They use other criminals to get here.
    Criminals running our government incentive more criminal trespassing.

We aren't left with a lot of legal options for dealing with these criminals other than boycotting whoever is paying them. All I can see that accomplishing is slowing down issues at a local area.

I guess the great replacement really is a thing.

DustyDog

Master
    Here's another example: Show up at the DMV with nothing more than a coffee-stained "Birth Record" torn out of a Bible, and try to get an I.D. card or DL. I've seen life-long U.S. Citizens be put through the wringer if they didn't have all the required documentation, but if you're an illegal alien (in some jurisdictions, at least), no problemo! Hell, I think some of the Mexican consulates were even producing fake documents for some! And don't forget about identity theft, which is rampant!

Another tactic I suspect is used frequently is the provision of non-sensical names when being "processed" at the border. You don't want to say your name is "Jose Garcia", since that will trigger multiple hits when run through the criminal database. So you tell them that you're "Beau Hassan Smithquez-Obelinko", since you know no one ever had that name! And of course, "what other choice do they have", but to accept what you tell them?

Top Bottom