• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For those of you asking for more in pay, have you shopped yourself? Have you checked indeed or reached out to a recruiter? I see a booming economy here on the coast. You guys are cutting yourself short trying to put in 20 years with the same company. You gotta shop the employment market. Get compensated for your time. If you want a new truck change jobs, don’t stay at the same place for 20 years unless they are willing to pay.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    As a union job holder the only thing holding me from changing companies is travel. This is specific to my career field but sometimes the security of being home every night is worth a little less salary. I would potentially make twice the money just by traveling but there in lies the issue...for me

Beached

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Iam from Florida had friends in Michigan I went up to spend the summer. I was 24 years old 67 now. Everybody there was unemployed no work I was told. I had bought a Schwinn ten speed before leaving I rode it around filling out job apps stopped at non union factory I did not know at the time asked for app it was ten pages long I sat in there office and filled it out. Turns out that was part of the test for Job I got the job easy work running machine making parts for catapiller machine making 300.00 a week good money. I worked the summer came time to leave they offered to keep my Job indefinitely I felt bad about quitting. The whole summer the locals collected unemployment and bitched. Before I left put bike in friends garage to keep it safe while we went fishing it was stolen miss it still today. Unions started out like Gov’t a good thing both now are totally corrupt!
    Beached

woodman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree their demands are crazy, but how do justify 2 and 3 million dollar bonuses to coffee drinking office people...

ParrishGhost

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Ford CEO took home more than $22 million in salary last year. That’s over 300 times the average median salary of a Ford employee. The average cost of labor for a new car is around 5% or less. GM’s CEO took home $29 million, and the Stellantis CEO took home $25 million.

“Put another way, an hourly Ford employee would need to labor for seven working lifetimes to earn the same amount of money that Farley, between his base salary, bonus, stock options, and fringe benefits, took home in a single year.”

The workers generate the value, not the CEO. The cost of a new auto rises but not the factory worker pay. The CEO gets a sales bonus, but not the workers who make it happen.

Stop shilling for the bossman. They don’t care about you. Instead of slagging off other workers, start asking why your employer isn’t doing better for you. Don’t like that they’re asking for 32 hour weeks? Demand it for yourself instead of griping about how hard you work. YOU DESERVE BETTER. You hurt yourself by denigrating those that ask for better pay.
    You obviously don't know how businesses operate. They set a profit for each year and if they don't reach that profit things happen. If they pay the workers 40% more to work less that cost gets reflected on the prices of the vehicles. The cost rises due to cost of materials from overseas not to make more profit. A lot of the price rise also has to do with the insane retirement packages GM has.

These people also want guaranteed jobs for the future no matter what happens in the Industry.

AK4774

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1695299246606.png

Shut all the plants down and move them to Mehico and maybe the “migrants” that swam the wide treacherous rapids of the Rio Grande that actually want jobs will go back south. Relocation package will include used half rotten tractor tube with only a few pin holes guaranteed to make one trip across.

Last edited:

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I’ve already thought that they ought to put the immigrants to work , then you might could buy a new vehicle for way way less

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I’ve already thought that they ought to put the immigrants to work , then you might could buy a new vehicle for way way less
    Why not? It's not like the quality will drop.
    Case in point- my brother in law bought a 24' gmc 4 door duramax... $90k...cash.. he actually took our house wiring job to get the last 10k he needed.
    . 420 miles, transmission crapped out, week at the dealer hem,haw, bs. Back on the road...660 miles it crapped out again. Transmission relay or some nonsense. Waiting for the next failure... I'd have told them to stick it the 2nd time. 90k... it's a 2024 model brand spanking new. 0 faith in the auto industry.

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Why not? It's not like the quality will drop.
    Case in point- my brother in law bought a 24' gmc 4 door duramax... $90k...cash.. he actually took our house wiring job to get the last 10k he needed.
    . 420 miles, transmission crapped out, week at the dealer hem,haw, bs. Back on the road...660 miles it crapped out again. Transmission relay or some nonsense. Waiting for the next failure... I'd have told them to stick it the 2nd time. 90k... it's a 2024 model brand spanking new. 0 faith in the auto industry.
    Meanwhile my used 2009 F-150 is still going strong wirh 260K miles on it. I love the general reliability of older trucks, but on the down side they are older trucks so parts will be a problem in the future.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Get real mutant,
    If I demand anything in wages or my work hours I will be shown the door and out of a job as most hard working Americans would be too. It’s a fact that CEO’s will always make more than the laborers, that’s life.

I am not saying the CEO shouldn’t make more than laborers, I am saying they should make less and more money be invested in labor.

The United States is maybe the only first world nation where this reduction of human life into a commodity is the standard. Workers are not asking to be paid for nothing, they are asking to be paid a living wage. This is not 1982. Reaganomics has failed.

Working 60 hour weeks starting at 17 years old for piddling wages is not a flex or badge of honor, it’s a symptom of a broken labor system that values profit over people. When you accept that as “life,” you do yourself and your coworkers a great disservice.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    The company I work for make weather stripping, we've been stepping up production the last few weeks to be able to meet the demand once they start rolling again. We have a sister Co in Mexico. Several years ago a union tried to come in and "organize" us.
    We overwhelmingly voted it down. What most employees didn't know was that the big boss was here from Korea ready to make an example of us and shut the doors. It's not the best job, nor the worst, but it is a job. Having run my own companies, I've been on both sides...

Top Bottom