• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Heading out in an hour or so for a nights hunt. Will be by myself tonight as DAEZEE has a minor health problem and wont be able to participate.

It will be the first "from the buggy" hunt for my new AR/6.8/pistol. The WX has been so shitty as of late figured that I better take advantage of the forecast of "no rain". Will be watching several plots,both mine and another club members. He sez he has some rootin' around his newly started feeder. We'll see. Put a couple of buckets of super stinky corn out a week or so ago. Will take a look at those spots also. Will try calling hogs down by the edge of a couple old juniper swamps and try the Fox Pro dyin' rabbit on several long straight stretches of club roads.

The moon will be super bright and that is not good for thermal,however will try to stay in the shadows. We had some deer walk right out in front of us a month or so ago when the moon was 92%. A cloud here and there to block it always helps also.

Would love to see what the 120gr Hornady SST's will do to a nice sized hog going a modest 2200fps. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Vitreous hemmorhage right eye. Aka there was bleeding into my rt eye. Unknown why. Next exam in one week. Nothing strenuous, no heavy lifting, no jarring, no center fire shooting, but it is hard to see to shoot anyway, until my next exam. I shoot rt eyed. Vision went from 20/25 to 20/200. Fill snow globe with gray snow, shake it up, and look through it...that is what it is like. Sucks when shooting is what you do. Assuming no complications, the vision improves about 1% per day as blood slowly is absorbed. It has been two weeks now since the bleeding. I can see some improvement.

I did manage to get my 11th armadillo last night with thermal. I could see a heat signature in the goats' area, and from the movement it appeared to be a dillo about 25-30yd away. I crept to about 15yd to positively ID it and used my .22lr dillo upper that Nate built for me.

Do not go to W Fl Hospital ER for an eye problem...they have no eye doctor on call. Go to Sacred...I talked to the SHH ER doctor for 2-3 minutes...he left, called an eye doctor, and in a few minutes had an eye doctor with me. While waiting for my eye to dilate, he gave an impromptu class on my eye to the ER doc and a Navy doc who was there for training.

Hope vision improves enough for deer season and I can at least drive while Sawman hunts.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sure hope you get them eye balls working well for you to hit them :target:

Vitreous hemmorhage right eye. Aka there was bleeding into my rt eye. Unknown why. Next exam in one week. Nothing strenuous, no heavy lifting, no jarring, no center fire shooting, but it is hard to see to shoot anyway, until my next exam. I shoot rt eyed. Vision went from 20/25 to 20/200. Fill snow globe with gray snow, shake it up, and look through it...that is what it is like. Sucks when shooting is what you do. Assuming no complications, the vision improves about 1% per day as blood slowly is absorbed. It has been two weeks now since the bleeding. I can see some improvement.

I did manage to get my 11th armadillo last night with thermal. I could see a heat signature in the goats' area, and from the movement it appeared to be a dillo about 25-30yd away. I crept to about 15yd to positively ID it and used my .22lr dillo upper that Nate built for me.

Do not go to W Fl Hospital ER for an eye problem...they have no eye doctor on call. Go to Sacred...I talked to the SHH ER doctor for 2-3 minutes...he left, called an eye doctor, and in a few minutes had an eye doctor with me. While waiting for my eye to dilate, he gave an impromptu class on my eye to the ER doc and a Navy doc who was there for training.

Hope vision improves enough for deer season and I can at least drive while Sawman hunts.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey FrankT, maybe if you film it or make a movie out of it, he may can use it so he can watch it at home and to see what he is missing out on unitl them eyeballs get better, Hope the HEALING PROCESS GOES WELL FOR DAEZEE

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Started off by backing into a tree trying to turn around with no lights in a tight spot. No damage although kinda hard hit. These Bad Boy Buggies are built like a tank.

Going into a friends plot,half way down the road which is about 100yds long thought I heard something squeaking on the buggy and stopped. It was a hog fight over on the other side of the plot. It went on for some minutes while I got the shooting strap ready and my thermal NUC'ed. Went in and set up in the shadows of a super bright moon. Heard some grunting back off the plot towards the rivers edge. Stayed for 30 minutes and tried the "piglet in distress" and "boar fight" on my FoxPro,but nothing.

Was calling a long straight stretch of road and had three animals crossed about 200yds from me. Too short for deer. Correctly proportioned for hogs(length to height) but a three second look couldn't be sure. Coyotes usually do not move one in back the other.

Heard several groups of yotes off in the distance. Two groups were on the club. Watched my stink corn. No animals ... but ... hog tracks all around it and it was almost gone. Got two more buckets brewing. These will be SUPER stanky.

Great night. TOO DAMNED BRIGHT !! Not hot but not cool enough while not moving. Swamp fog rolled in about 2200,not thick but surely didn't help the viewing. Thermal will for the most part look thru it,however it is degraded somewhat for the long distance stuff. Could easily still shoot 200yds or so.

Also ...... absolutely love my new AR/pistol/6.8 for the type of buggie hunting that I do. Much shorter and lighter than the 18" Bison. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:
    Top Bottom