• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone have or know of a place I can pickup.
    Anyone have or know of a place I can pick up a roughly 22 inch round log face to use for Tomahawk throwing.
    Grandson is interested in learning to throw tomahawk and throwing knives. We picked him up a beginners setup that has 2 throwing tomahawks and 5 throwing knives. But it doesn't come with a target.

I started looking online for targets but they cost about 4xs the cost of the Tomahawk set.

Really trying to keep the setup at a reasonable price as he's a young teen and not sure how far he'll get into the sport.

If you happen to have something that might work, I'm willing to pay a few bucks.

Thank You Trying to get an area behind my house to use as a practice area. His aunt already took him over to Grizzle axes and that got him interested.

Maybe he'll even let an old guy like me do some throwing.

Thank You.
    Needing a roughly 22 inch round log face to use for Tomahawk throwing target.
    Grandson is interested in learning to throw tomahawk and throwing knives. We picked him up a beginner's setup that has 2 throwing tomahawks and 5 throwing knives. But it doesn't come with a target.

I started looking online for targets but they cost about 4xs the cost of the Tomahawk set.

Really trying to keep the setup at a reasonable price as he's a young teen and not sure how far he'll get into the sport.

If you happen to have something that might work, I'm willing to pay a few bucks.

Thank You Trying to get an area behind my house to use as a practice area. His aunt already took him over to Grizzle axes and that got him interested.

Thank You.
    Trying to get him something for Christmas that's not electric or battery operated and will get him off the couch and into the great outdoors

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Some thick boards set up in a frame that way he has spare area to make adjustments for misses outside the score zone. Also makes it easier to replace boards as needed.

misterfredi952

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    If you have a chainsaw I’ve got a branch roughly that size that fell on my shop last year. It’s cut up but pieces are pretty thick. Roughly 20-24”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fla kid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Anyone have or know of a place I can pickup.
    Anyone have or know of a place I can pick up a roughly 22 inch round log face to use for Tomahawk throwing.
    Grandson is interested in learning to throw tomahawk and throwing knives. We picked him up a beginners setup that has 2 throwing tomahawks and 5 throwing knives. But it doesn't come with a target.

Thank You.
    Needing a roughly 22 inch round log face to use for Tomahawk throwing target.
    Grandson is interested in learning to throw tomahawk and throwing knives. We picked him up a beginner's setup that has 2 throwing tomahawks and 5 throwing knives. But it doesn't come with a target.

Thank You.
    Trying to get him something for Christmas that's not electric or battery operated and will get him off the couch and into the great outdoors
    I believe iknow where there are a couple if you send me your #
    Tom Milton

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    best target I've seen is actually a cypress 4x4 that was cut into 4inch lengths and screwed to a piece of plywood as a backer with the end-grain facing out. The worn out pieces could be easily replaced and it could be made any size.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    best target I've seen is actually a cypress 4x4 that was cut into 4inch lengths and screwed to a piece of plywood as a backer with the end-grain facing out. The worn out pieces could be easily replaced and it could be made any size.

I have something like that for free if you want to drive to Fort Walton for it

IMG_20231214_071211694~2.jpg

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Reason I say cypress is that it's a relatively soft wood, and weather resistant. The end grains also heal a lot of damage to them and don't dull the hell out of your edges. Also, less likely to launch the knife of hatchet back at ya as hard as side-grain will.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you everyone for the kind offers and the suggestion on DIY projects.

I'm sorry I haven't got right back to everyone but we had a death in our family leaving me to set up the arrangements.
    Between digging up a will he had written up and then him hiding it somewhere, then working with the funeral home signing paper for his cremation. Then having to deal with Brancusi Military cemetery to arrange a small burial. I've been too busy to do anything else.

As soon as things slow down next week I will reach out to see what's available.

Again Thank you.
    Brian Childs
    KN4PGY.

Beached

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Cheap OSB board cut into circles glue together with construction adhesive on a 2x6 backing. Or scrap wood on Craigslist I see it all the time.

Top Bottom