Patriot Mobile

Thoughts on Multiple Responses to Buy Firearms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Just a thought, but forum management "might" want to consider a policy like I've seen on another forum I frequent, where new members are blocked from participating in the buy/sell/trade listings (can't post or reply to an ad, nor can they send PMs) for a period of 14 days and a minimum of 20 posts in the discussion areas. The idea being that the forum is meant for participation in the discussion of various gun related topics, not just BST. That said, I have nothing against new members, but such a policy might cut down on the scammers....just a thought...

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I still have two rifles I bought from Sawman. I wish he was still here. I would love to know what his thoughts were on this thread.
    I have a Wilson combat made(haha) hi point 10mm carbine I got from him. He's polished all the goodies and sighted in a Leupold Scope on it.

Last edited:

LRRFinAl

Shooter
    Don't get me wrong folks. I am a STRONG 2nd AMENDMENT SUPPORTER. If you are are Legally allowed to buy and possess firearms and do so responsibly, have what you will and enjoy! My question is, am I alone feeling a little uneasy about individuals trying to buy an inordinate amount of firearms on a daily basis from this forum? If you think I'm offbase, let me know why.
    I wouldn't be extremely concerned, but I would definitely have a duplicate bill of sale, get ID. If you've ever been contacted by police about a gun you sold that was used in a crime, you can understand the due diligence of that.

If I had enough money I would own THOUSANDS ! When the SHTF, and IT WILL, it’s not if, it’s when, you just may have to outfit your own squad, a lone person in a conflict won’t last long. I have enough guns and ammo to protect my family and also arm neighbors or friends if need be.
    Me too. :)

Don't get me wrong folks. I am a STRONG 2nd AMENDMENT SUPPORTER. If you are legally allowed to buy and possess firearms and do so responsibly, have what you will and enjoy! My question is, am I alone feeling a little uneasy about individuals trying to buy an inordinate amount of firearms on a daily basis from this forum? If you think I'm off base, let me know.
    Personally, I do not see an issue with an individual buying multiple firearms on the forum, even on a daily basis. If they can afford to buy them, then why not if it is something they like. Now, I have seen many firearms that were for sale by one individual and was sold only to pop up a few days later for sale by a different individual. This tells me that this person into buying and flipping firearms. Is it illegal to do that? Well, it could be depending on the circumstances. Is it ethical? Maybe not. I will say this, beware of a very new member that shows up trying to buy a lot of firearms on a daily basis. That is a red flag to me and any individuals like this need to be closely monitored by administrators.

I like buying off of this forum. I meet a lot of good people and pick up some great deals and some nice firearms. For me, I am not into the flipping thing. I usually hang onto stuff for quite a while. After a few years, it may be time to freshen up my collection and that means selling some stuff I have had for a while so that I can acquire new stuff that I want.

The important thing is to look at the person(s) with whom you are looking to do business whether it is a sale or a purchase.

In my humble opinion, the folks on this forum are the most honest, trustworthy and knowledgeable people when it comes to firearms. I‘ve bought, sold and traded firearms with members on this forum and have always had nothing but positive transactions. I would love to see this forum grow and expand. It would be great to have more members here in SWFL. Kudos to the folks in admin, you guys do a hellava job. Thank you for all you do.

SGT58

Shooter
    I’ve purchased one firearm from a forum member so far. After exchanging several PM’s and a very pleasant phone conversation I drove from North Mobile to Milton. Very simple and easy transaction with a very pleasant gentleman. I would like to think all sales originating from this forum would be as smooth and mutually satisfying as mine.

RHINOWSO

Master
    And some take it hook, line, and sinker...

iu

It's a free country after all. That doesn't mean that you'll like everything everyone else does. In fact you won't like a lot of it.

IronBeard

Master
    Person-to-person firearms sales are still "legal." No background check, security investigation, or inquisition required.

Some of ya'll are complying/self-policing/turning on eachother in a manner that does not instill confidence in this individual.

Don't get me wrong. If I'm offering/selling something, and I get a bad vibe, or you just insist on making my "list," we're done. And I don't forget.

Whatever you're selling, it is your property. If you are so concerned that something, somewhere, sometime, might be remotely linked back to you, do the deed through a FFL, don't even offer it for sale, gift it, or maybe just destroy it and sleep better. What if law enforcement finds your "DNA" at a "crime" scene, or just a location of interest?

Above is why my personal sales/trades have dropped offline in favor of person-to-person sales without reservation. Yeah, I have a few firearms I might part with, but I'm not gonna make it any more painful than it has to be, and I'm damn-sure not gonna do it in a manner that feels like I'm surrendering to be imprisoned for life.

Jdcujo

Master
    Person-to-person firearms sales are still "legal." No background check, security investigation, or inquisition required.

Some of ya'll are complying/self-policing/turning on eachother in a manner that does not instill confidence in this individual.

Don't get me wrong. If I'm offering/selling something, and I get a bad vibe, or you just insist on making my "list," we're done. And I don't forget.

Whatever you're selling, it is your property. If you are so concerned that something, somewhere, sometime, might be remotely linked back to you, do the deed through a FFL, don't even offer it for sale, gift it, or maybe just destroy it and sleep better. What if law enforcement finds your "DNA" at a "crime" scene, or just a location of interest?

Above is why my personal sales/trades have dropped offline in favor of person-to-person sales without reservation. Yeah, I have a few firearms I might part with, but I'm not gonna make it any more painful than it has to be, and I'm damn-sure not gonna do it in a manner that feels like I'm surrendering to be imprisoned for life.

I don't necessarily think they are going that far down the rabbit hole from the op at least.

Top Bottom