• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABlaster

Marksman
    I think all of the youtube/instagram people modify their guns. They even say “it’s stock” and then later admit their AR has a Timney trigger in it, which is pretty far off stock IMHO. I own a Timney trigger and the difference between that and a factory milspec is night and day.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    I think all of the youtube/instagram people modify their guns. They even say “it’s stock” and then later admit their AR has a Timney trigger in it, which is pretty far off stock IMHO. I own a Timney trigger and the difference between that and a factory milspec is night and day.
    Oh yeah they're awesome. I have one put up that I need to get back out and install it back into my MPX.
    It does make me wonder also like how many users have adjustable over-travel, and what is the red line. I mean at some point if you adjust it too tight, in theory it may have the sear kinda teeter and not fully let loose of the striker. But, it was enough to let the firing pin block move out of the way. That may cause a delayed fire, or a fire after you shake it sort of thing too I guess.
    Btw I'm stealing that Pic you made and gonna make a meme lol. It's perfect! :cool:

DustyDog

Master
    Here's the video I mentioned earlier. You actually get to see this guy nearly kill his buddy standing there with the shot timer. He admits they had a high round count, and dry fired a ton. I think it's safe to assume they modified the gun too. Just a hunch tho. He then admits the issue started small and got worse. Sounds to me like it's a firing pin safety block maybe working opposite as the law requires when they break. I bet it's got a firing pin safety spring that's broken and lifts improperly. I think the firing pin system operates as it should and drops when they pull the trigger. Then it hits the block. Then it stops. Then when you shake it the block finally drops out of the way and allows the bang. But they admit that they kept using it even tho it obviously was broken, and past its recommended armorer service date. (I forget when that count is officially I'm sure they're maybe x10 of that with dry fire alone.)
    So this to me is like to keep using a six shooter after you see it's half cock and safety notches are broken, then acting confused when weird things happen. All guns need to be put up and repaired at the first sign of issues like these. They're lucky no ones dead

Yep... saw that one before, but noticed something else this time (by running at .25 speed):

(as I mentioned earlier, i.e., "don't half-ass it") When I rack a slide, my hand never stops moving backwards until after the slide "rips" out of it due to "bottoming" at the rear; my hand never moves forward with the slide. In the middle of the vid (actually, 3:10 - 3:30), the times when it fails to fire seem to take place after his hand moves forward with the slide... almost looks like he might not have fully cycled it, as well... but it fires normally when his hand does not : )

Of course, lord knows what else is going on, which is why I say "I'm not limited by the experiences of others". When it comes to reviews, etc, I always take them with a grain of salt, and have bought some items which work flawlessly... for me... when the "reviews" should have scared anyone off!

Last edited:

DustyDog

Master
    Here's the video I mentioned earlier. You actually get to see this guy nearly kill his buddy standing there with the shot timer. He admits they had a high round count, and dry fired a ton. I think it's safe to assume they modified the gun too. Just a hunch tho. He then admits the issue started small and got worse. Sounds to me like it's a firing pin safety block maybe working opposite as the law requires when they break. I bet it's got a firing pin safety spring that's broken and lifts improperly. I think the firing pin system operates as it should and drops when they pull the trigger. Then it hits the block. Then it stops. Then when you shake it the block finally drops out of the way and allows the bang. But they admit that they kept using it even tho it obviously was broken, and past its recommended armorer service date. (I forget when that count is officially I'm sure they're maybe x10 of that with dry fire alone.)
    So this to me is like to keep using a six shooter after you see it's half cock and safety notches are broken, then acting confused when weird things happen. All guns need to be put up and repaired at the first sign of issues like these. They're lucky no ones dead

OH, and realize, this guy has a P365, whereas we started out talking about P320s : )

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Yep... saw that one before, but noticed something else this time (by running at .25 speed):

(as I mentioned earlier, i.e., "don't half-ass it") When I rack a slide, my hand never stops moving backwards until after the slide "rips" out of it due to "bottoming" at the rear; my hand never moves forward with the slide. In the middle of the vid, the times when it fails to fire seem to take place after his hand moves forward with the slide... almost looks like he might not have fully cycled it, as well... but it fires normally when his hand does not : )

Of course, lord knows what else is going on, which is why I say "I'm not limited by the experiences of others". When it comes to reviews, etc, I always take them with a grain of salt, and have bought some items which work flawlessly... for me... when the "reviews" should have scared anyone off!
    Yeah. I totally agree. It seems to me like they would have shown this alot closer, and slower. He made sure to keep it far back as possible and keep it moving 90mph so you can't really get a good look at what exactly is happening. That usually is a dead giveaway. If I was trying to show an issue that was legit I would bring it in close and show it as detailed as possible, that way there's no doubt.
    Hell in a few spots of the video there seems to be a big gap then as you said he kinda slaps it home. Only to have a little gap yet again. So yeah it seems fishy.
    Then, each and every one of these people always ship the dam things off to SIG supposedly after being shot, or someone else being shot. They know they have a million dollar golden goose if they can finally prove its a dud, But.. they send them back, to fix thier only evidence they had supposedly.
    That would be like if my brakes failed and I kill someone. Then my lawyer asks ok let's see it so we can prove what happened. Then I say oh I sent it back to Ford. It just don't make good sense lol

DAS HUGH!

Master
    OH, and realize, this guy has a P365, whereas we started out talking about P320s : )
    Yeah. Deffo apples and oranges. But it's the only one I've seen supposedly act up on camera. But it's not even a model known for the issues. So it makes it 10x more weird

DustyDog

Master

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Lol, oh man. They quite literally are throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. I'll have to see if they have anything other than duty free prosthetic amputee sex toys lol.
    I wonder if they have any shooting gear. I saw about 2 years ago where Alibaba was selling dirt cheap idiot proof stuff, stuff that is likely China made that you buy here anyways, like mlok rails, optic plate adapters, mounts, that sorta stuff. They even had cheap AR LPK springs etc during peak pandemic for cheap. I nearly ordered a bunch to test it but figured nah as the shipping would likely eat up any money saved. Seems like if Temu is subsidizing that to compete it may be a good time to get some stuff like that?

DAS HUGH!

Master

DustyDog

Master
    Lol, oh man. They quite literally are throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. I'll have to see if they have anything other than duty free prosthetic amputee sex toys lol.
    I wonder if they have any shooting gear. I saw about 2 years ago where Alibaba was selling dirt cheap idiot proof stuff, stuff that is likely China made that you buy here anyways, like mlok rails, optic plate adapters, mounts, that sorta stuff. They even had cheap AR LPK springs etc during peak pandemic for cheap. I nearly ordered a bunch to test it but figured nah as the shipping would likely eat up any money saved. Seems like if Temu is subsidizing that to compete it may be a good time to get some stuff like that?
    I've always wondered how the shipping is so cheap... are they actually subsidizing it, or are we? Remember: Once their stuff hits the West Coast, USPS is carrying it. And how much does it cost us to send something just to California? So how are they sending $1 items from China (this stuff is on eBay, as well) with free shipping?!?

P.S., just think: That article about Temu probably showed up because I mentioned them in a comment... yet the article appears to have been written after the comment? Maybe they (or ChatGPT) wrote the article because I mentioned it? : )

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    That's because it's made there. USA companies have the items made and sent back. No copyright laws apply to the PRC.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    I've always wondered how the shipping is so cheap... are they actually subsidizing it, or are we? Remember: Once their stuff hits the West Coast, USPS is carrying it. And how much does it cost us to send something just to California? So how are they sending $1 items from China (this stuff is on eBay, as well) with free shipping?!?

P.S., just think: That article about Temu probably showed up because I mentioned them in a comment... yet the article appears to have been written after the comment? Maybe they (or ChatGPT) wrote the article because I mentioned it? : )
    Well with how they bought out our highest officials they likely just had to pick up the phone and tell them to "Make it happen!" It could have been just that easy.
    They prolly have a bath tub full of egg head "Pre-Cogs" like on the movie "Minority Report" and predicted that you was going to expose thier real plans for global domination. They likely work in tandem with SIG to make pistols that shoot anyone who speak about thier plans by remote from thier bath tubs. They figured you got tipped off by the finger and made a sock article to throw ya off the trail lol.
    But yeah all this talk reminds me of that landmark case where a dad was suing Google I think it was because it was advertising mom/maternity/safe sex etc type stuff to his at the time underage daughter who was like 17 then. The case fell thru because she was secretly pregnant and somehow the AI knew it before the dad did lol. Crazy stuff!

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Which is why I'll take all my inventions to the grave before I'll get tied up in international patent disputes : )

Already had one stolen in the early '80s...
    Yeah a patent just publishes your secret for all to see. It's only good if you have the funds to take legal action on all who copy your idea. Then they can make a minor change then get away with it anyways.

DustyDog

Master
    Yeah a patent just publishes your secret for all to see. It's only good if you have the funds to take legal action on all who copy your idea. Then they can make a minor change then get away with it anyways.
    I realized that even doing an online patent search (to check for prior art) could be risky, since it hints at what you're up to : )

DAS HUGH!

Master
    I realized that even doing an online patent search (to check for prior art) could be risky, since it hints at what you're up to : )
    Yeah I guess that is true. I think some is to fake people out too. I say that because recently the military got patents drawn up of all sorts of weird UFO like tech in the past couple years. Not sure why they would patent such information for all to see. Best I can figure is its a red herring to get others to waste time trying to copy / give the other nations a false impression that we are behind all the sightings. Seems like a patent would be the last thing you'd wanna have of such high end tech lol

Top Bottom