• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Like I said. A man would simply say my bad and move along. I didn't imply you was a man. You assumed that part. No one claimed you're behaving like a man should. So I instead owe you an apology i admit. I wasn't clear and my manners precluded me from being crystal clear. So I'm sorry sir. I'm sorry that I wasn't clear and you mistook what I said and thought I was comparing you to a man. I'm sorry that I just wasn't plain myself and just say what I meant also.
    I meant to say you're being a little bitch. And I do apologize. I hope this time you get the message.
    I hope that now that I instead apologize to you makes this better somehow.

If so inclined we can acid test who's right or wrong. We can have you make the same comments to random men in public, then count how many teeth you have left at the end of the day. This method is far more simple and yields the best results. It's, crystal clear! ;-)

Wow. You are sensitive about rubber-finger ads. It’s cool. We live in a rainbow world, apparently. Go have fun with your DIY proctologist kit. I won’t mention it anymore.

As for your “acid test”, I’d have all my teeth. No doubt.

EVEN IF I stupidly called someone I never met “a little bitch”...

Can we get back on-topic about the P320 issue?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Wow. You are sensitive about rubber-finger ads. It’s cool. We live in a rainbow world, apparently. Go have fun with your DIY proctologist kit. I won’t mention it anymore.

As for your “acid test”, I’d have all my teeth. No doubt.

EVEN IF I stupidly called someone I never met “a little bitch”...

Can we get back on-topic about the P320 issue?
    A bitch would also see that and come up with a way to make it a perverted device. Does you butt have a u turn? Can we get a break from your Faux pearl clutching and mental images?
    Are you even allowed around schools!? Jesus!

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Yep, and note that I edited my post that you quoted. The "striker-block" issue came to mind while I was in the shower : )
    Yeah I've pondered the same thing. I'll look in a sec and try to find a video that I think explains its built in safeties the best. I too wondered about maybe a "half cocked" striker scenario, but they have an extra ledge to catch the sear if the primary slips or fails. Then as you said the firing pin block has to open to allow that. Plus it would be a mighty light strike.
    However, I did see a weird video involving a "p365" model on YouTube that seemingly had multiple things broken and seemed to be firing when shook. But... you could tell it was a tactical Timmy type that dry fires the gun he carries instead of a secondary 500 thousand times a day, putting wear on parts that typically don't fail until several hundred thousand rounds have fired. It obviously had broken springs inside and shouldn't be used, and those tiny fine parts I think are "armorer" only suggested parts to fool with anyways. I wouldn't be shocked either if they did it on purpose somehow just for clicks. No telling honestly. But yeah as a whole I think many pistols may show abnormal failures in the future due to all the FCG parts being worn far faster than the rest of the gun from all the dry fire craze nowadays. I myself use a airsoft gun if and when I do decide to do so, unless I'm breaking in a pistol of course on purpose. But these modern designs have a ton of moving parts and springs to operate. As a whole I kinda regard the 320 and other pistols like these with no outside safeties to be more of a "advanced" level shooter only weapon. I don't think giving new cops who don't practice or train much a gun like this is such a good idea as a whole. They was shooting themselves even with glocks. So yeah, it kinda goes without saying that many users are just gonna mess up with these types I guess

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Here's one of the best breakdowns I've seen so far that makes it easy to understand. It's the video I mentioned earlier above.
    I've even seen a fancy CT scan at one point online that supposedly showed how they fire randomly. It never once explained how the firing pin block failed and no one on the channel is answering questions made on the channel. It seemed to be made by a lawyer firm, as someone point money forward to make it. If they was adamant about it and did it for our safety you'd think they'd monitor it and explain anything those in doubt ask about. But not a peep yet.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Don't they have some issues with the Rails and barrels on their rifles too?!?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Don't they have some issues with the Rails and barrels on their rifles too?!?
    Which ones? It's possible. I just haven't haven't been aware at least. I know the Rattlers have a teeny bit of wobble in some guards. I think many folks aren't making sure their front sight isn't biting on both surfaces on the far end of the top rail. The old Virtus had a little play. A maker, Arisaka I think, has since made a nice fix for that with a guard clamp you can buy. SIG kinda went overboard I think in how they fixed the issue with the Spear and putting a set screw on each side, tapped into raw aluminum lol... not sure how long they expect that to last with owners stripping out thier lowers and sending them back in. They should have put in a serviceable bushing in there if they wanted to fix that with a serviceable "fix" in mind for later, like how they have the cam path and bolt catches portions able to be changed out. That will be a fiasco I'm sure lol

DAS HUGH!

Master
    I didn’t read the bickering posts.

Did we find out what the rubber fingers are actually for or does someone need to click on the ad and take one for the team?
    Its a stunt finger lol, so you don't lose your hand when firing a P320

DustyDog

Master
    I didn’t read the bickering posts.

Did we find out what the rubber fingers are actually for or does someone need to click on the ad and take one for the team?
    A friend told me it's a G-Spot "massager" : )

DustyDog

Master
    Here's one of the best breakdowns I've seen so far that makes it easy to understand. It's the video I mentioned earlier above.
    I've even seen a fancy CT scan at one point online that supposedly showed how they fire randomly. It never once explained how the firing pin block failed and no one on the channel is answering questions made on the channel. It seemed to be made by a lawyer firm, as someone point money forward to make it. If they was adamant about it and did it for our safety you'd think they'd monitor it and explain anything those in doubt ask about. But not a peep yet.

This brings up why I don't like the fact that S&W now "hides" parts breakdowns of some of their firearms. When I get something new and unfamiliar, I want to see the internals... without having to completely disassemble the new, unfamiliar firearm... to help me understand exactly what is going on when I pull the trigger, when it cycles, etc.

Apparently, their lawyers initiated this policy in hopes of stopping people from doing stupid things while attempting to work on trigger pulls, etc., but I can assure you that hiding parts breakdowns will not stop stupid people : )

And it can be awkward ordering parts you haven't seen yet and may not know what S&W calls them!

DustyDog

Master
    Lol.. the siG spot! Very strange if true. It looks painful.. and plain creepy
    Those "Temu" ads are just plain weird. It looks like they have sources for everything you can imagine (they're Chinese; why wouldn't they?)... even stuff nobody needs (except maybe Rebel, of course : )... but they list it anyway because they know someone will be stupid enough to buy it! One of the items appears to be a tardigrade "stuffed animal"!?!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

DAS HUGH!

Master
    This brings up why I don't like the fact that S&W now "hides" parts breakdowns of some of their firearms. When I get something new and unfamiliar, I want to see the internals... without having to completely disassemble the new, unfamiliar firearm... to help me understand exactly what is going on when I pull the trigger, when it cycles, etc.

Apparently, their lawyers initiated this policy in hopes of stopping people from doing stupid things while attempting to work on trigger pulls, etc., but I can assure you that hiding parts breakdowns will not stop stupid people : )

And it can be awkward ordering parts you haven't seen yet and may not know what S&W calls them!
    Exactly. The lawyer aspect and the right to fix is getting wild. Think about when they force us all into electric vehicles. They'll have the hood welded shut so morons don't get fried as they tinker with stuff. It will be 100% dealership only maintenance. Then if you thought dealership prices was high now, wait till they corner the market and there's no competition.
    And yeah the P320 so called "CT" scan I referred to as being false is now no where to be found. I searched with like 5 different phrases and it's gone.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Those "Temu" ads are just plain weird. It looks like they have sources for everything you can imagine (they're Chinese; why wouldn't they?)... even stuff nobody needs (except maybe Rebel, of course : )... but they list it anyway because they know someone will be stupid enough to buy it! One of the items appears to be a tardigrade "stuffed animal"!?!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade
    Yeah its ludicrously bad what I see at times. I think they don't translate have the crap properly. So it winds up just being massed spammed to everyone.
    Yeah Tardigrades are like a hip nerd thing now it seems. They're like 30 years too late tho as NASA was doing them ages ago. But yeah I think I too saw tardigrade toys being sold. So strange

DAS HUGH!

Master

Here's the video I mentioned earlier. You actually get to see this guy nearly kill his buddy standing there with the shot timer. He admits they had a high round count, and dry fired a ton. I think it's safe to assume they modified the gun too. Just a hunch tho. He then admits the issue started small and got worse. Sounds to me like it's a firing pin safety block maybe working opposite as the law requires when they break. I bet it's got a firing pin safety spring that's broken and lifts improperly. I think the firing pin system operates as it should and drops when they pull the trigger. Then it hits the block. Then it stops. Then when you shake it the block finally drops out of the way and allows the bang. But they admit that they kept using it even tho it obviously was broken, and past its recommended armorer service date. (I forget when that count is officially I'm sure they're maybe x10 of that with dry fire alone.)
    So this to me is like to keep using a six shooter after you see it's half cock and safety notches are broken, then acting confused when weird things happen. All guns need to be put up and repaired at the first sign of issues like these. They're lucky no ones dead

Snake-Eyes

Master
    So does anyone here own a P320 and a snapcap?

Ran any home tests? Rack it, set it down, start a timer...

Rack it, smack the back of the slide, press check, smack the back of the slide... anything?

How far does the slide have to move back to reset the striker, since the P320 doesn’t have double-strike capability?

Are the trigger pulls really that light?

I’m with Rebel: it’s 100% operator-induced until proven otherwise.

Top Bottom