• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If it works for you Great! I just think that it is pushing the envelope for a 9mm to push that much lead at nearly 1000 fps.
    If there are jamming issues with the round...then I don't know what the argument would be for using it. ( I couldn't find information on anyone actually having jamming issues with the round - so maybe its a non-issue anyway)

Have you polished up the feed ramp on yours or are you using it just as it came from the factory?

Clay, I am going to try to slingshot a round into it tonight, then polish the up the feed ramp and see if that makes a difference.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I found that the rounds are not supported at the final feed angle in the magazine, which allows them to nose dive into the feed ramp. For what ever reason the magazine was designed to allow the next round to be chambered in the magazine to be a a greater angle then the rest of the rounds in the magazine. See picture.

I also found that if I removed one round from the magazine that it would reliable sling shot that round into the chamber every time. I even went as far as to cut one spring coil off which helped feeding the first round. I would not suggest anyone try that but I did. I think that allowed the round to slide easyer out of the mag without nose diving.

I found some ammo feeds better then others & I am sure the larger guns may not have the problem at all. Seeing as there would be more room for a more gradual feed ramp. My p380 will sling shot Hornady Critical defense 95% of the time.

What I do not understand is why it does not have the issue when the gun is firing but it does not. My CM9 was flawless for 600 rounds. My p380 was a jamomatic during break in (first 200 rounds) but has been flawless ever since with PMC FMJ & Hornday Critical defense.

There is a thread dedicated to peoples ideas of how to fix it. 19 pages worth.

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6943

Last edited:

dead-bird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My P380 will slingshot most of the time now. When it was new, forget about it.
    MK 40 has maybe 600 to 700 rounds through is since I've owned it and it was not new to me. Still won't slingshot.

Top Bottom