• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Just what we need... "top cops" who think the Second Amendment doesn't enshrine the right of the people to keep and bear arms, yet they claim the same "right" as our "rulers". In fact, they sound just like those our founders rebelled against.
    Probably worse

DustyDog

Master
    At least in Florida, prosecutors are sworn LEO's with arrest powers and the ability to carry weapons under color of law. I don't know if that means former/retired prosecutors would fall under the HB 218 protections for carrying firearms but it probably would.

Now I'm going to go into conjecture here. Police authority comes from the Executive Branch, which means her and Biden are America's "Top Cops" at the Federal level. It's the President that deputizes the 94 US Marshals (one for each district) so it stands to reason that they could have whatever guns they wanted under the color of their office.
    P.S., fine.

Now, what is their oath of office and what does the Second Amendment say? I'm not saying Kamala doesn't have the right to keep and bear arms, but when she claims that I don't have that right, or that state and local governments are free to infringe on that right while simultaneously ignoring the fact that the feds routinely infringe as well...

i.e., is the gist of what your saying "public servants with "arrest powers" can "have whatever guns they want" even as they dictate to us what we can and can't have"?

Last edited:

DustyDog

Master
    Last edited:

ABlaster

Master
    P.S., fine.

Now, what is their oath of office and what does the Second Amendment say? I'm not saying Kamala doesn't have the right to keep and bear arms, but when she claims that I don't have that right, or that state and local governments are free to infringe on that right while simultaneously ignoring the fact that the feds routinely infringe as well...

i.e., is the gist of what your saying "public servants with "arrest powers" can "have whatever guns they want" even as they dictate to us what we can and can't have"?
    The statement is a bit broad. Officers/agents whatever would have to have permission to order things on letterhead and use the agency's money in order to "have whatever guns they want." Anything bought like that would be the property of the agency and not the individual.

I'm honestly surprised you need any clarification on the second point. "Guns for me but not for thee" has been the SOP of the left since the late 60's if not before. Not like that's a new thing. I think someone on here said it best. "Both sides like their guns, they just disagree on who gets to have them."

DustyDog

Master
    The statement is a bit broad. Officers/agents whatever would have to have permission to order things on letterhead and use the agency's money in order to "have whatever guns they want." Anything bought like that would be the property of the agency and not the individual.

I'm honestly surprised you need any clarification on the second point. "Guns for me but not for thee" has been the SOP of the left since the late 60's if not before. Not like that's a new thing. I think someone on here said it best. "Both sides like their guns, they just disagree on who gets to have them."
    I realize you're pointing out how it is. I'm just saying that's not how it's supposed to be. If anything, the people should be dictating what firearms public servants get to use in their duties, not the other way around.

"As pointed out by Shooting News Weekly, the Glock was also excluded from California's handgun roster, and is currently restricted for purchase in the state.

While some older models of the Glock have been approved for citizens, California's handgun roster currently considers Glocks released after 2010, as well as those manufactured in the U.S. unsafe weapons, as they do not feature mandatory safety features. These include a magazine disconnect mechanism, a chamber load indicator, as well as having undergone a "drop safety" test.

Although Harris may qualify for the exemptions granted to law enforcement and other high-ranking officials, her gun ownership has led to accusations of hypocrisy, given her previous attempt to restrict handgun sales in the state."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...e-of-gun-triggers-safety-concerns/ar-AA1s68zA

Last edited:
    Top Bottom