• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    From you pics,looks like we belong to the same club Ron.
    Gotta get together for a shoot. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Nowadays there are about 6 or 7 of us that belong to the same club.
    Should have a "get together".

Last edited:

Ron

Expert
    From you pics,looks like we belong to the same club Ron.
    Gotta get together for a shoot. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Nowadays there are about 6 or 7 of us that belong to the same club.
    Should have a "get together".
    I think you know Daezee and B52? I shoot with them once in a while but talk to them every time I go. Great bunch of guys! Saw them this morning. I know a lot of them are on here but don't know their user names! Just their first names..

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    I know DAEZEE. He is the one with the glass eye,right ?? ---- SAWMAN

M118LR

Master
    Well there comes a time to get to the Bottom Line.
    Stainless Steel, Weather Resistant Synthetic hardware, and closed top side ejection are just improvements that the next generation of lever action shooters will appreciate. But when folks mention the 06, well either the 03 Springfield or the M1 Garand have become Iconic. Mention the 5.56 and the AR springs to mind as Iconic.

Bottom Line: Mention the Thirty Thirty and I bet that a Lever Action comes forth as Iconic. Nowadays it's hard to find a rifle other than a Lever Action chambered for the 30-30. I wonder why?

Fear21

Master
    Stainless Steel, Weather Resistant Synthetic hardware, and closed top side ejection are just improvements that the next generation of lever action shooters will appreciate. But when folks mention the 06, well either the 03 Springfield or the M1 Garand have become Iconic. Mention the 5.56 and the AR springs to mind as Iconic.

Bottom Line: Mention the Thirty Thirty and I bet that a Lever Action comes forth as Iconic. Nowadays it's hard to find a rifle other than a Lever Action chambered for the 30-30. I wonder why?
    If I had to guess, the cartridge being rimmed and its actual dimensions probably don't lend themselves well to bolts or semis. It's a weird looking boolet.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Like David Allen Coe's Perfect Country & Western Song, what options/requirements are there to the perfect Lever Action Rifle?

Now in years gone bye I've added a button compass and coffee grinder into the butt stock of a Marlin Lever Action. Why not a Winchester? Sleet/frozen ice storms can get into the open top and jam the mechanism. So let's start with a solid top Marlin Lever Action.

Coe's version is the one most everybody is familiar with and I like it too. Actually written by Steve Goodman with an uncredited assist from John Prine. Great song that tells Nashville to stick it.

Ron

Expert

I've always heard that more deer are killed with a 30-30 than any other caliber.

J pace

Marksman
    Well y'all can put down the old lever action 30-30 all you want to but tell me how long have they been making it and how many companies are making it to this very day oh you say they're making them because of this or you say they making them because of that all I say is there still making them and selling everyone they can produce..... is it the best platform out there certainly not but people like them people buy them and people shoot them so let us have our fun.. by the way anybody here remember what the longest running production firearm in the United States history is........

Top Bottom