• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Q2, did you build that table yourself? What insert is that?

Found out today that BGE is going to be releasing a DOUBLE XL late this year, early next year. 29inch cooking surface as opposed to the 24inch on the XL now. Gonna be sweet! It is potentially delaying my plans to purchase a 2nd Egg and build a nice table setup around 2 of them.

So a buddy and I decided to do gourmet burgers last night for UFC 158.

We started with fresh Jalapenos which we grilled slightly:
    lsXhnRPl.jpg

Diced up nice:
    LqLicC1l.jpg

Then we mixed them with 1lb Top Sirloin and 1lb Chuck:
    KTsE6Shl.jpg

Chopped up Peppercorn Bacon:
    RL7lIZxl.jpg

The interesting part - start with a layer of the bacon, then small layer of your cheese of choice (ours was Jalapeno Jack), and finally your meat:
    [IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/MGbgVUMl.jpg][/IMG]
    8xon3brl.jpg

Get the griddle nice and hot:
    9IEPxONl.jpg

And serve:
    UL2Ulizl.jpg

Some really good burgers!

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WTH ya'll qiut cookin? come on inspire me to get one, but still no one has awnsered my question? unless it is a secret BGE society. I heard some company has come out with a similar one??

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nevermind, I'll take google's word.

Ceramic Smokers
    I’m always asked what the buzz all about, why so many people drink are over the top excessively enthusiastic for ceramic grills, if they really produce better food than metal grills and why. Yes and no.. armed with enough skills people can produce amazing food on just about any grill. (but they don’t get much sleep) On the other hand, people who have never cooked can produce amazing Q on their first cook with a KK. It’s all about the airflow, metal grills actually radiate heat and loose heat like I sieve loses water. Huge volumes of charcoal must be burned to maintain your cooking temperature because a large percentage that he literally radiated from the body. Burning large volumes of charcoal requires large volumes of air to pass through the grill. This hot dry air of course causes more evaporation and shrinkage. Traditional ceramic grills use the mass of their dense glazed bodies to reduce heat loss. The result is they use less charcoal, have less airflow, therefore the meat retains more moisture. While much more efficient than the metal grill these ceramic grills actually have no insulation it’s only their additional mass that gives them the superior performance over metal grills. While there’s a great difference between and airflow in a metal grill and a glazed ceramic Kamado, the the difference between these traditional ceramic grills and Komodo Kamado is even more dramatic. In addition to the thick dense hot face, there are also multiple types of actual installation to keep the heat in and cold out. The performance is unheard of before this new class of grill was built. For example one basket / 16 lbs of charcoal burned at 235ºf ran for 85 hours. Not only is there less evaporation but the vapor released when the char burns has more time to condense on the meat and this is how the complex flavor profile of the charcoal is passed to the meat. The insulation provides previously unheard of stability for set and forget low and slow cooking.. no more staying up all night tending your fire and chasing temperature. You can easily set your airflow which sets your cooking temp, go to sleep, wake up to find it chugging away at the exact same temp you left it.. Common sense shows that a 140lb grill just can’t hold heat like a 588 lb or 940 lb Komodo Kamado. When only the best will do..

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    if yall ain't here when I cook on my 19 year old big egg..... you jus SOL !!! figure it out ya own self...
    everyone cooks different... and I hope yall like yours just fine.... I do:rockon:

Q2arrowhunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    if yall ain't here when I cook on my 19 year old big egg..... you jus SOL !!! figure it out ya own self...
    everyone cooks different... and I hope yall like yours just fine.... I do:rockon:

Ok sorry I have been out awhile. YES I build the table myself. The insert is a piece of granite that my renter left after he destroyed my house and disappeared.

Latest posts

Top Bottom