• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ned

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't care if you have an AR pistol with a stabilizing brace or not, gun rights are gun rights and we all need to react to this. ATF Shenanigans explained in the video.

If you aren't watching this guy's daily videos you should! He is very on top of 2A information nationally.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    My post from the other thread.
    I'll save you the time from watching the video.
    You borrow your one armed buddy's pistol that's legal and you take it and shoulder it, you just manufactured an sbr.
    You take off your red dot and put on a magnified scope.....sbr.
    Your brace shares parts with a stock (buffer tube)....sbr
    30rd stick mag ok. Drum mag installed, sbr.
    If the weapon fires high or low with one hand, it's deemed an sbr.
    Large caliber...... automatic sbr.

maizeandblue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Be warned. If you go to the federal register to comment...you can do so but you have to give up your full contact information. If you think it is a great idea to put that info in the govt's and anitgun groups' hands go ahead. Me, i would rather hound the crap out of representatives to act NOW.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My post from the other thread:

I'll save you the time from watching the video.
    You borrow your one armed buddy's pistol that's legal and you take it and shoulder it, you just manufactured an sbr.
    You take off your red dot and put on a magnified scope.....sbr.
    Your brace shares parts with a stock (buffer tube)....sbr
    30rd stick mag ok. Drum mag installed, sbr.
    If the weapon fires high or low with one hand, it's deemed an sbr.
    Large caliber...... automatic sbr.
    So now we're back to the shouldering it's a no no.... funny how that works.

Basically if it exists with a short barrel.. SBR..:rolleyes:

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Welp I can see I have work to do today. Once it is in the federal register it is pretty much a done deal. Flags outlawed, books being banned. Reminds me of my wife's t-shirt "tell me another story about freedom".

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It really does not matter as a brace ban is one of the executive orders biden says he will do as soon as he is sworn in. No more guns, parts or ammo to be sold online

6 First Gun Control Measures To Expect From A Biden Administration
    If we have a Joe Biden administration in the White House on Jan. 20, we will have the most overtly anti-gun president in American history.

By Ryan Cleckner
    December 16, 2020

If we have a Joe Biden administration in the White House on Jan. 20, we will have the most overtly anti-gun president in American history.
    Biden’s plan lists effectively every gun control measure ever proposed: banning “assault weapons,” banning “high-capacity” magazines, limiting the number of guns an American can purchase, holding manufacturers liable for the criminal misuse of their products, and many, many more.

Out of the myriad options a Biden administration will have to infringe on our constitutional protections, which will they choose first? Based on my experience with clients and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (AFT) as a firearms attorney, some recent news events, and a bit of firearm-industry intuition, I think the first things a Biden administration will do regarding guns if given the chance are:

• Banning pistol braces
    • Banning homemade firearms/80 percent receivers
    • Banning online firearm and ammunition sales
    Shortly after the first bans, and if he has the help of the Senate, the next gun control measures will likely be:

• Banning “assault weapons”
    • Banning “high capacity” magazines
    • Requiring universal background checks

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’m not a lawyer but from a historical point of view: Presidents and executive orders towards guns/gun control/2A; Clinton signed a executive order to ban importation of Chinese guns...(gone were cheap SKS and AK-47’s). Obama signed a executive order to ban importation of Russian guns...(gone were Saiga’s, Veper’s, AK-47’s). I have not seen nor read of any other executive orders banning anything we can freely buy. So I doubt that Biden can executive order anything away, to include selling stuff on the net, adding hi caps to the NFA registry, etc. Where we may get bent over and butt screwed is if the Dems win the seats in Georgia, then they can pass a bill that can be signed into law, and here come AWB II.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Be warned. If you go to the federal register to comment...you can do so but you have to give up your full contact information. If you think it is a great idea to put that info in the govt's and anitgun groups' hands go ahead. Me, i would rather hound the crap out of representatives to act NOW.
    Can we use dead relatives info???

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    ATF is publishing the objective factors it considers when evaluating firearms with an attached stabilizing brace to determine whether they are considered firearms under the National Firearms Act (NFA) and/or the Gun Control Act.
    ATF publishes this notice to inform and invite comment from the industry and public on the proposed guidance prior to issuing a final document. Upon issuance of final guidance, ATF will provide additional information to aid persons and companies in complying with federal laws and regulations.
    This notice also outlines ATF’s enforcement priorities regarding persons who, prior to publication of this notice, made or acquired, in good faith, firearms equipped with a stabilized brace.
    Finally, this notice previews ATF’s and the Department of Justice’s plan to subsequently implement a separate process for current possessors of stabilizer-equipped firearms to choose to register such firearms in compliance with the NFA, including an expedited application process and the retroactive exemption of such firearms from the collection of NFA taxes.
    Read the general notice

Submit a Comment by January 4

You may submit comments, identified by docket number ATF 2020R-10, by any of the following methods:
    Federal eRulemaking Portal: www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
    Mail: Office of Regulatory Affairs, Enforcement Programs and Services, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, 99 New York Ave. NE, Mail Stop 6N-518, Washington, DC 20226; ATTN: ATF 2020R-10
    Fax: (202) 648-9741
    All comments must reference this document's docket number (ATF 2020R-10), be legible, and include the commenter's complete first and last name and full mailing address. ATF will not consider, or respond to, comments that do not meet these requirements or comments containing excessive profanity.
    Written comments must be postmarked and electronic comments must be submitted on or before January 4, 2021. All properly completed comments received will be posted without change to the Federal eRulemaking portal, www.regulations.gov, including any personal information provided.
    Submit a formal comment

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom