• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Tenn how do you have your everyday carry gun set up like your competition guns. Cause I be doing a little dry firing and trying to focus with both eyes open with the 34. But my 19 isn't set up like my 34.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hey Tenn how do you have your everyday carry gun set up like your competition guns. Cause I be doing a little dry firing and trying to focus with both eyes open with the 34. But my 19 isn't set up like my 34.
    My EDC guns are very different from my competition guns. I just practice with and shoot my EDC guns a few times a year and that seems to be sufficient.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    They did a lot of work at the range yesterday. Bay 5 is flat and fully useful now.

Ah sweet. Hopefully ERGC will have range 5 finished soon. It's a nice short range for pistol work.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm going to do a little dry fire, then break the gun down completely for its last cleaning before Area 6. I'll replace the optic battery before verifying function and zero this weekend, and it should be ready to go.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here are the videos from last weekend's MPSA match:

Decent match. I let a few Delta's sneak in, but most of them were on long and/or tight shots. I didn't sleep well the night before, so I wasn't moving at full speed during the match.

I still have no idea what hit me in the face on Stage 4. It felt like someone threw a handful of dirt and small rocks at me somewhere in the middle of the two 4 target arrays on the right side.

I designed stage 2 and 5. I got a lot of compliments on Stage 5, because of all of the viable options (especially for those shooting low cap divisions). Stage 2 was just a prep for some things we'll have to do at A6.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Time for a quick update, besides match videos.

It's major match week, so I've been dry firing in "technique" mode. I bumped up my par times and am focusing on doing things correctly. I've found that this helps polish up anything that has gotten sloppy during speed mode practice and really prepares me for matches. I haven't yet, but I'll also be doing lots of match mode dry fire.

I'll also be packing up all my gear over the next two days before leaving on Friday morning for A6 near Covington, GA. I'll register and walk the stages Friday afternoon, then I'm shooting Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just realized that I forgot to post videos from the MPSA match at the beginning of April. I posted this elsewhere, so I'll just copy it here:

I got off work early on Friday and drove up to the range to go ahead and try to build some stages (normally stages are built off-the-cuff the morning of the match). I spent almost 4 hours there and only built 3 stages, mostly because I spent over 30 minutes just trying to get the double swingers to activate properly. Stages 1, 2, and 4 were my designs. I'm pretty pleased with them, overall, though some things had to be changed during setup due to the limitations of the bays and props. FWIW, my plan used an open target on the double swinger on Stage 2, but the MD chose to put a tuxedo target there.

Stage 1 Design:

Stage 2 Design:

Stage 3 Design:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Continuation of the previous post, since I can only put 5 videos in a post:

I didn't shoot bad, but I felt like I was running in quicksand all day. I just wasn't moving very fast. I had one D and one M throughout the entire match, which was good, since the M was on the tuxedo swinger. It was barely in the tape denoting the hard cover edge and I would have asked for an overlay in a major match. I can't complain about my accuracy for the day.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The weather isn't looking great for Sunday. I don't care about shooting in the rain, I just hope the weather doesn't delay things.

s3PtPB1.png

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The weather isn't looking great for Sunday. I don't care about shooting in the rain, I just hope the weather doesn't delay things.

s3PtPB1.png

I may take back what I said about not caring if I had to shoot in the rain. That rain proved to be a royal PITA when it comes to shooting a gun with a dot. On stage 2, my dot fogged up so much during the stage that I pretty much lost the dot by the end. On stage 3, the dot bloomed really bad due to the moisture on the lens at "make ready." On stage 4, so many water drops got on the lens between "Are you ready?" and the beep, that I saw at least 3 dots while shooting the stage.

The videos are up. I'll post them here shortly.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No BUIS on the race gun? Lol. That note on Rain vs Dot would probably be of interest to the general firearm population that use or plan to use them. Its a fair bet most folks have not had to operate their gear in adverse environments.
    Thanks,
    WR

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    POV video:

3rd person video:

Area 6 Championship

My biggest match to date. Fun and challenging. My first 7 stages (5-12) went fairly smoothly, but the rain hit on the last 4 (1-4). By the end, it was all about surviving. Just doing the best you could while dealing with the bad weather and not getting DQ'd. The most interesting thing about this match was that 2 of my Mikes came from fast, easy stages that tempted you to go too fast. Both of those mikes were from pulling off of a target too quickly while trying to transition to another.

I finished at 67.57% of KC Eusebio, but I'm not disappointed, considering only 2 other people finished within 10% of him and only 8 people finished within 20%. This may have been my most consistent major match, with no crazy good stages, but no bombed stages either.

I'm taking a week off of training to just relax and refresh, then I'm going to get back after it before the Jabs match at the end of May.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom