• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know there is some talk of a get together but I was thinking what about a swap meet sometime? I know I have a bunch of misc. gun related crap laying around and Im sure others do too.. Lets trade junk?

Last edited:

Ken232

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just be careful if women show up, last time I asked a gal if I could see her lower..she slapped me

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would be sweet to rent out a range for a day and have a GCGF Range Day/ Swap Meet.. Wonder if any places around here would do such a thing?

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are several closed businesses and county owned offices with large parking lots around the area that would work well. Off the top of my head there is the recently closed tax office on Hwy. 29 at Cantonment. I wonder who the contact point for permission would be? I have a couple of friends that have worked for Escambia County for years that I can ask.

The local RC club used to have an annual swap meet at the Senior Citizens Center at Bayview Park. Could be a possibility.

Another possibility would be VFW posts.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I understand the liability angle.

What about a swap meet that excluded complete firearms? Parts, ammo, holsters, accessories and such only? With everyone mingling any actual firearms deals could be done later and off property.

On that note I spoke with a member of the American Legion and discussed the possibility of this. They chapter he belongs to has events fairly often like car shows, fish fries and such. He was really interested and said he would bring it up at the next meeting. They like to have things like this and make money off of food sales during the event. Biggest question he had was what would be an estimated attendance. I know that would be impossible to predict but I think that if enough members on here hashed it out we could probably come up with a rough estimate.

Just food for thought.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What do they need hundreds to make it worth while?

That's TBD. According to the guy I spoke to he felt they would be interested in letting it be held there but they do these things to generate a little money for their organization. I see nothing wrong with that. They have bills to pay too. If it was going to be 20 people max I'd have it at my place. My friend just wants an idea so the committee can bounce it around. Could be insurance issues too as mentioned before.

Top Bottom