• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    I have a choke tube stuck in the barrel. I first used CLP. Didn't do the trick. I than used Blaster. My thinking was it's more of a penetrant than CLP. I'm letting it sit a little longer but didn't seem to help either. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to have a stuck choke. Any one have any wisdom or tips for getting this choke out? Just so you know I'm asking for a friend. ;) Thanks in advance for the input.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah many times with anything on barrels people find their attachments get loose when the barrel warms up. Then they snug the item again. Then once the barrel cools it clamps down like a vice on whatever the case it may be. Then carbon freezes things up too. A few whacks with a rubber hammer to break any carbon will help. Then yeah heat. Depending on which part is locked up tho heat can actually increase the pressure ironically. In this case I would say you'd want the inner choke to try and stay cool and make the barrel only, the part that's heated if possible. Both parts are so thin tho that like duck said ya may as well heat both.
    So I'd start with tapping it a few times and torque first. Goodluck

Top Bottom