• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gas Port

Master
    Well- I just made my annual contribution to the US Treasury. I don't mind paying the taxes but don't like paying for entitlement programs.

SAWMAN

Master
    Your too damned sweet. I refer to them low life pieces of shit ..... WELFARE TRASH. My definition of ENTITLEMENT is something that a person has worked for or paid into. Military retirement,military disability pay,social security(the type you pay into then draw YOUR MONEY back out when you turn 62),medicare(NOT Medicaid),and some others. These,you are entitled to. You have actually done something to deserve this payout from ......... well ....... yourself. Remember,the US government has no money of its own. It ALL belongs to the taxpayers.

A person IS NOT entitled to social security at 20. A person is not entitled to a EBT card when they turn 18. A woman is not entitled to have a baby for free when she is 16. A man is not entitled to food stamps WIC,ETB,free electricity,free Bro Bama phone,etc,etc,etc when he is 20. These pieces of trash have not worked for this,they do not deserve this ...... they are not entitled to any of this.

BTW ----> besides what the wife and I pay in all year,I also was FORCED to pay the government another $350 a couple weeks ago. This,so that the piece of shit welfare trash can sleaze down to the local stop-and-steal on their bicycle and buy themselves another quart of Colt 45 with their (probably) EBT card.

And .... yep .... this is how I REALLY feel. --- SAWMAN

Snow Bird

Master
    Saw Man the only one I would disagree with you is WIC. I think almost everyone in the country now can get it and many need it. Its for the Baby and not the parents.and there are strict things and the amount that you can buy.

I get a kick out of what people say they won't eat and yet they dive right in when in the bedroom. Hope this dosen't cross the line for the Forum

Last edited:

shootnstarz

Master
    Most of the country thinks mullet is trash fish and fried mullet is one of my favorite things to eat.

If you've had mullet from west of Gulf Shores or east of Panama City you will understand why they call them that. Those mud dobbers don't hold a candle to our mullet here and are quite frankly, gross. I found this out the hard way.

Rick

MAXman

Master
    I heard a report in npr(I know, I know) about how since the mid 90's the number of people working full time are needing good and living subsidies just to get by. The jist of the story was that the intent was to encourage people to work by offering more programs to people who worked but made shit for money. The outcome was that many employers used the goverment programs as justification for poor wages. "If we pay (x amount) at 30 hours a week, we won't have to offer health/dental because they will qualify for Medicaid and will also qualify for food stamps. "As example.
    Not saying I believe it.
    Not saying it's true.
    I'm just saying.......

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    If you've had mullet from west of Gulf Shores or east of Panama City you will understand why they call them that. Those mud dobbers don't hold a candle to our mullet here and are quite frankly, gross. I found this out the hard way.

Rick

Agree 100%. I don't care for mullet out of Mobile Bay. My favorites are from the sound near Navarre.

SAWMAN

Master
    Snow Bird, what does the "W" in WIC stand for ??

And ...... heres a good one for you ... an exception to my above ... at the Naval Hospital Pensacola,there is a WIC office. I see the wives of (probably the lower rated)servicemen standing in line at the door all the time. What does this say as to the pay that the enlisted service men and women get. So effin low that they actually qualify for WIC benefits. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• SANY0063.jpg
      SANY0063.jpg
      427.4 KB · Views: 121

Snow Bird

Master
    Saw Man WIC has nothing to do with the pay in the Mil. You said it and don't even realise it. It's for people in the lower income. Granted the pay is low for fresh inlistees but it gets better if you don't screw up. What would you have new people in the Mil make.

Stay awhile and you can do well for yourself. I think Crazy Doc said his taxable income was somewhere around 33.000 a year. Now we know that is TAXABLE INCOME.

Sometimes I think you feel that NO ONE should get any help of any kind. Not trying to get into a pissing match. Any time I needed help I had to spend all of my saveings before I could get any because I played by the rules. That was food stamps for awhile. 5 years ff saveings .

When my kids were born there wasn't wick as we know it now but we got buy but it would have been alot easyer if we could have gotten some. At that time you were lucky to get a block of cheese and you were made fun of if you even thought aboutit.

Perhape in your working life you have made enough money to never even thought about needing help and good for you. Some aren't so lucky.

SAWMAN

Master
    Lemme see if I can explain this ummmmm ... better for you.In your post #1524 you stated that WIC is for the baby and not the parents. To your remark I stated --> What does the "W" in WIC stand for ?? Please answer that first.

Now..... Did I ever say that WIC has anything to do with the pay in the military ?? Nope. To qualify for WIC,the parents have to earn a certain income. If this income is LOW enough,they qualify for WIC. Some military pay is Soooooooo low that the new recruits qualify for WIC. Probably,if the wife doesn't work. Do you not agree with this ??

And ----->What would I have new people in the military make,you asked. ABOVE the poverty level. Above the welfare level. For the wife to have to go down and stand in the WIC line,and wait for a handout,while her husband is being shot at in some fuckin' desert somewhere .... just ain't right. Apparently you think that they should. SAD !! Anyway --->

"Some aren't so lucky" HUH ?? Luck has nothing to do with it. I worked and invested for everything that I have now. Never on any kind of welfare. Unemployment was offered to me when I retired ... I refused it.

I don't like the whole idea of welfare,although I would agree that probably as "much" as 2% of the people that draw it ... really need it.(This,even if they have not earned it.) If you have been sitting back and letting the rest of us support you and/or your family,I don't like you. If you haven't then .......?? --- SAWMAN

Ryan

Master
    I'm an E-5...no complaints about the pay at all. At the E-2/E-3 level for a small family it could be difficult...but I see the majority of issues with families is that either the spouse isn't working or they are just fiscally irresponsible. I had a member one time ask if I could write him a check for $2.00 and he'd give me change because he didn't have money in his bank account and needed to return his redbox before they charged him and he was a higher rank than me. If people don't like the pay their contract ends and they are free to go but they choose to reenlist. I won't complain about the pay after my dad told me how much they paid him to get shot at in Vietnam...he always chuckles at the end and says that they got to send their mail for free though.

Droshki

Master
    One thing Id like to point out with respect to quoting taxable amounts of military pay, is that this isn't necessarily an accurate representation of actual take-home pay.

Excepting those that are living in the barracks, military members receive both housing and subsistence allowances (BHA and BAS) which are not taxable, since they are "allowances", and not "pay". These add considerably to actual take-home pay. There also other types of allowances, such as "Family Separation Allowance" etc.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    ^^^ as well it should be

Droshki

Master
    Yes, Im not implying any sort of judgement about it in any way (I received these for 20 years). Just pointing it out.

madeSICC88

Master
    Also with these WIC programs and such doesnt it also take into account your dependents? So you could be making $75k/year but also not know how to pull out and end up needing to support 5-6 kids and a wife and still qualify for these government programs. So like Ryan had said, its not always that the paycheck is low every month, its that people are irresponsible and dont know how to live within their means.

Droshki

Master
    Most government programs do. I've never understood the tax break for having children.

madeSICC88

Master
    Me neither man, haha I dont pay into any taxes during the year, I have 2 kids and every year i get a return, and ive been making around 10% more every year for the last 3 years and my refunds get bigger every year. I do always owe Alabama some cash but when i used to file through Idaho while i was still a resident there, i would even get a refind from them too. So weird

MAXman

Master
    Sawman, I'll bet it was a rhetorical question, but the "w" stands for women, as in a pregnant woman and is intended to give a woman with child some of the vital nutrients she needs to a: pass to the fetus and b: ensure her health is well enough to not endanger her or the fetus due to malnutrition.

As far as military pay goes.... I would snort and chuckle when guys claimed money was the reason for enlistment but honestly I made more while I was in than before, and I make the same now as when I told them no thanks. And this time around more of it is taxable. And I'll bet half of you people would laugh when you heard how much I make now.

We don't pay our military nearly what it's worth, but I bet it's a whole helluva lot better now than it ever has been before. For whatever that's worth.

And to droshki, it's so that people have an incentive to breed, of course.

SAWMAN

Master
    Yep,some people ACTUALLY believe that the WIC program is for the POOR,buggerie nosed little kids like the ones you see on TV drinking out of the same place the community takes a shit. Maybe,but it also pays the women and men to play. It's knocked up pay. Please don't get me wrong. If you get ... uhhhhh ... "with child" or your the person that facilitated same,AND CAN AFFORD IT,have all the kids you want. Hope that everyone understands that --> ALL THE KIDS YOU WANT ... just as long as me and my wife do not get the bill. Remembering --> the government has NO money of it's own. Me and my wife pay the WIC people .. NOT .. the government.

I know that is a somewhat bold and politically INCORRECT statement,but hey,that's how I feel. I also feel that while a serviceman is overseas getting shot at,his wife,holding a 1 year old in her arms should NOT have to go stand in some WIC line. Justify the reasons all you want. TO ME ... this is not acceptable.

Please allow me to put up the pic again. Even though it seems to damn near upset some of you. Here it is. Look at it and think about it. If you do not agree with the wording simply explain why this would not be a true statement. Thanks --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• SANY0063.jpg
      SANY0063.jpg
      427.4 KB · Views: 108

maxfold

Master
    Sawman's picture ,whats wrong with it .Nobody complains about the pictures of shelter dogs .Its true I see a lot of help the vets dont get .whats the waiting period for a visit here or in A VA hospital out of state .maxfold

Latest posts

Top Bottom