• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I've been slowly switching some of the lightbulbs in my house to LED bulbs. A couple weeks ago, I finally got around to switching the bulbs in my workshop/reloading room and it has made a HUGE difference in the temperature of the room. I like a lot of light when I'm working in there, so I always had the ceiling fan light (4x40w) on, plus at least one drafting light (75W) and sometimes two of them on. I almost always had to have the ceiling fan on because it got so hot in there, but since I installed the LED bulbs, I rarely have to turn the fan on and it's much more comfortable.

madeSICC88

Master
    I've been happy with the CFL bulbs. I've replaced all the bulbs in both my last two houses I have rented with 5000k CFLs and they put off a strong really white light.
    I thought about getting some LED bulbs for my perimeter lighting since I leave every light outside on 24/7 so the more efficient the better for those, what manufacturers do you guys use? And have you noticed any glow when turning them off? Have seen a lot of people switch them out and if they didn't have a standard bulb somewhere on the circuit they would get a little glow from everything since from the little bit of power in the lines.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    The new house I moved into have the eco smart curly bulbs, I hate them

Ryan

Master
    if you're military/LE I can foward you a price list for discounted Costas. I got the Cat Cay 580 Glass polarized blackout frame for $119 shipped. Some pairs have more savings than others.

Dan1612

Master
    Decided not to make a thread, and just say thanks to all for the deals, the camaraderie, the education, the entertainment, and most of all, the friendships. Cheers!

Viking1204

Master
    It's about damn time Gary Smith Ford gives me my truck back! Took it in for a Timing Chain replacement last Tuesday and should have had it back on Thursday. The delay is they broke something on one of the valve covers and needed to order a new one overnight. It was ordered Thursday and still isn't there! Going on 9 days now without my truck, get with it Gary Smith Ford, how rare can a valve cover be for a 2011 F-150!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Just had the Toyota Sequoia done yesterday, the whole shebang, full kit and water pump, truck returned 8 hrs later...no excuse in your case! Need a ride somewhere?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    lol^^^^

Viking1204

Master
    Thanks for the offer Frank but thankfully my extended warranty includes a rental vehicle. Ironically I'm renting a 2015 F-150 XLT but I like my 2011 FX4 model better!

MarkS

Master
    Thought I was going to finally be able to get a new rifle in 308 and then the transmission went out in the Z-71. Took it to Adams Garage up in Opp,Al. to be rebuilt they do great work and have the best price's I've been able to find. The quote from them was $600 less than the next lowest quote I got.

Viking1204

Master
    Thought I was going to finally be able to get a new rifle in 308 and then the transmission went out in the Z-71. Took it to Adams Garage up in Opp,Al. to be rebuilt they do great work and have the best price's I've been able to find. The quote from them was $600 less than the next lowest quote I got.

Seems every time I have the cash to get a new gun something else comes up, sucks!

madeSICC88

Master
    Got my prepared tax return back this morning, was planning on getting the rest of the parts to complete a rifle but we got enough back to pay off almost all our little bit of debt from some hospital bills so I guess we will do that. Sucks being a little responsible sometimes but it will feel nice to get rid of 2 bills a month.

Snow Bird

Master
    Well the time has finally come. Tomorrow is the day for the eye operation. If it works out ok there are a couple of guys I will be gunning for in IDPA. They know who they are. OPS I would have to change classes and get qualfied so guess it won't happen. They usually finish first and second in there class LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom