• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Two bowling teams, one of all blondes and one of all brunettes, charter a Double-Decker bus for a weekend trip to Louisiana .
    The brunette team rode on the bottom of the bus and the blonde team rode on the top level.

The brunette team down below really whooped it up,
    having a great time, when one of them realized she hadn't heard anything from the blondes upstairs. She decided to go up and investigate.

When the brunette reached the top, she found all the blondes in fear, staring straight ahead at the road, clutching the seats in front of them with white knuckles ...

The brunette asked, 'What the heck's going on up here?
    We're having a great time downstairs!'

One of the blondes looked up at her, swallowed hard
    and whispered...

'YEAH SURE, YOU'VE GOT A DRIVER' !!

Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    Me any my wife got yourself a memory foam mattress about a month ago and holy shit is it amazing. I sleep almost too good. I don't think I've woke up once in the middle of the night unless it was our 2year old getting out of his room and getting out of bed in the morning is harder then ever. Best money I've spent in a long time.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    Me any my wife got yourself a memory foam mattress about a month ago and holy shit is it amazing. I sleep almost too good. I don't think I've woke up once in the middle of the night unless it was our 2year old getting out of his room and getting out of bed in the morning is harder then ever. Best money I've spent in a long time.

Yep, if you have had or have back problems, a memory foam matress is like magic. I got one after I had two calcified and splintered disks removed. I had perminent nerve damage and was not sleeping at all without strong drugs, now with an over the counter sleep aid, I do about a 70% of the time, full night sleep. They are not inexpensive, but they work.
    Ed

madeSICC88

Master
    Never had a hard time with sleep, grew up sleeping on the floor or hideaway sofa for many many years so I can really sleep on a sidewalk and be good to go.
    Just never new I could sleep so much better. We have a really nice mattress that is only like 4 years old but we got a bigger bedroom set so had to upgrade the bed size.

Anybody else not able to upload pics through the Tapatalk app? Haven't been able to for the last few days. Rebooted and cleared app memory but still won't.

rtprthd

Master
    Never had a hard time with sleep, grew up sleeping on the floor or hideaway sofa for many many years so I can really sleep on a sidewalk and be good to go.
    Just never new I could sleep so much better. We have a really nice mattress that is only like 4 years old but we got a bigger bedroom set so had to upgrade the bed size.

Anybody else not able to upload pics through the Tapatalk app? Haven't been able to for the last few days. Rebooted and cleared app memory but still won't.

I never could. Always had to go thru my browser when I wanted to upload a pic.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    That's weird, that's usually how i do it but the last few days it pops up a error when I select the pic off my phone. Who knows.

Seanpcola

Success on the shop wifi problem. FYI for anyone needing a little boost. I bought a Belkin wifi extender for $39 at Wallyworld. This model:

http://m.belkin.com/us/p/P-F9K1015/

Simple plug in and enter your password, then go. I am extremely impressed for the cheap price. It boosted the hell out of the signal in the shop. For an experiment I ran youtube through it to my Google cast on my TV, Hulu at the same time on my tablet and surfed at the same time. Smooth, zero buffering, no drop outs, nothing. Finally. I ran youtube on the TV and Sirius XM to Bluetooth outside the shop all day long today and not one single interruption. Highly recommend.:music:

Dan1612

Master
    I see Charles is selling everything but the kitchen sink to fund the hobby. Been there done that. Good luck to you. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Today has not been my day for the great outdoors.

Woke up, made coffee, went on the back deck and got nailed by a wasp. Top of left arm. No biggie, hurt like hell but I'm not allergic.

Went to work, walked into one of the buildings, flipped a light switch on. Felt something all over my hand and realized it was hundreds of ants. They're traveling up the wall and using the light switch as some sort of rest stop. Pulled the plate off and the inside was packed, all around the switch. Flooded that with spray ant killer, blew out the box with the compressor, reinstalled switch. Ant bites everywhere on my left hand. Itching like crazy but OK.

Ran through a bunch of spider webs between trees incuding one big Banana spider big enough to put a leash on. Went back to maintenance building and stripped, blew myself off to hopefully stop any possible Recluses.

Back on tractor. Cut through a bunch of blackberry vines and kicked up a Moccasin. He tried to run, I cut him off, he counter attacked my front tires. No harm no fowl but fun to piss off.

Get home, sit on table on back deck, again covered in ants and bitten. I look like I've been shot with bird shot. These came from the coffee with cream I forgot I spilled early this morning and figured the rain would wash away.

Forgot that the Wonder dog got excited to see me this morning and sunk a fang into my right arm. Bled like hell.

Perhaps I need a day in the big city.

Attachments

• _20160518_192102.JPG
      _20160518_192102.JPG
      216.5 KB · Views: 139

Seanpcola

I totally forgot the wasp that nailed me on the forehead. Fortunately I was wearing safety glasses.

Wish I could stay inside but I have to finish buttoning up the skidsteer from where Paul (another member on here) fixed the electronics, then service it so I can use it this weekend. Tomorrow I have to dig out for my new slab being poured Friday, dig up a stump and backfill for my privacy fence, pull out my beloved but dead Dogwood in front of my house and fill sink holes. Nope, it's gonna be all day outside every day at least till Sunday barring rain. Then Monday I get back on clearing property for my new runway.

Side note: I have not climbed on any equipment up at the farm in the last two weeks without my LCR loaded with famous JakeC custom manufactured .357 mag snakeshot. Until today when the moccasin showed up.:yell:

Rapier

Marksman
    Just another day in paradise....... The ants and spiders are bad this year at my farm also. I found a young indago snake in front of my tractor on Saturday, head sticking up in the grass, stopped, then inched forward until it moved out of the way, a good snake that one. Got to look for the ground dwellers when clearing or bushhoging, especially those ground dwelling bumble bees. That black and white sewing machine will put a whipping on you.
    Ed

Viking1204

Master
    Sean did you find the source of the wasps on your back deck and eliminate them? Every Spring when it starts to warm up I walk my property with a can of wasp spray and eliminate all the little bastards I find. If I don't I'll get stung, last time stung was in my garage. Damn things were trying to build a nest right on the doorway walking into the garage, didn't see them until I had walked by with my head about an inch from the nest and the little bastard tagged me on the arm.

Seanpcola

I looked in the usual spots but these bastards build nests all over my property. I buy wasp spray by the case. I know I always find them under patio furniture. That's why I'm about to screen in either my front porch or the back deck.

The one that got me at the house wasn't bad but the one that nailed me on my left eyebrow may be a problem. That one was at the farm where I was bush hogging and happened when I went through a huge blackberry bramble, I suspect Rapier may be right and that it wasn't a wasp but one of those bees. Felt like I got hit with a hammer but it didn't really sting much. I didn't see it, just felt the hit and when I reached up I knocked the bug off. It hit right at the top of my safety glasses. Wife is going to the pharmacy for Benadryl and then I'm going to stay home and crash. Weather is a little crappy anyway.

Top Bottom