• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Dan1612, you are one of the most reasonable persons I have seen so far on the forum, you shouldn't have many problems. You understand the concept of a good deal / fast sell to raise $$ for other projects. There are some that seem to think they are doing you a big favor saving you the tax and call in money. I like to buy at around 100.00 less than retail, so when it comes time to improve on my collection, i will have that much wiggle room, plus I am going to shoot it and that lowers the value too.
    I seem to run into alot of folks who will look online and take the highest price they find someone asking, and try to tell you thats what they sell for. NO that is what someone is trying to get an idiot to pay, if you look at the sold section you will see thay only sell for 1/2 of that on the norm.
    GOD BLESS The land of freedom to ask and / refuse.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Bugs the beeejeezes out of me too, "how much you want for it?" "well what will you offer?" "I can't buy it and sell it too!, What will you take?" "Make me an offer." "OK $5.00 ? " " oh no I want 50.00 at least!" "Well there you go, now I know for sure your crazy, get lost."

^^^^This is exactly what happend to me this morn LOL. Was on a Aero AR stripped lower.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    I like to get the financial side finalized prior to meeting in person (contingent on final inspection, of course) whenever I am buying or selling. It helps keep me and the other party from potentially wasting each other's time. I will very rarely negotiate face-to-face at the time of transaction (especially if I'm selling), if there was an opportunity to do so ahead of time.

I've had some people get really mad about this; even had one guy jump in his truck and speed off because of it.

Bingo. Only way to do it.

Occasionally some idiot will try to low ball at the meet. Happened to me a couple times and I just laughed and drove away.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I also love people on armslist that will send you an email reply to your ad that only says, "Taurus revolver." That's it. Not asking if you want to trade, not giving any more info or anything.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    No one here can accuse Dan of making a profit on what he sells...lol It may not be the cheapest or what you want to pay but it is less than he paid...

If I am going to offer less than someone wants I usually send a link to show them they have over priced their article and I PM it out of respect.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Didn't you just get it?

14 months ago, 6,800 miles on it. When I had the pathfinder, I drove it most of the time, and now I have a 4runner that I drive most of the time. Apparently a new truck isn't for me, I get too worried about wear and tear, scratches and dings.

Dan1612

Master
    14 months ago, 6,800 miles on it. When I had the pathfinder, I drove it most of the time, and now I have a 4runner that I drive most of the time. Apparently a new truck isn't for me, I get too worried about wear and tear, scratches and dings.

I've sold guns for the very reason. If I can't bring myself to use it as intended, I have no use for it. I'm not a collector.
    I'm having that problem with the Les Baer right now, it's just too damn pretty to shoot. We'll see, I'll try to bring myself to do it. Lol.

Thanks Frank and RR. The men speak the truth.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I've sold guns for the very reason. If I can't bring myself to use it as intended, I have no use for it. I'm not a collector.
    I'm having that problem with the Les Baer right now, it's just too damn pretty to shoot. We'll see, I'll try to bring myself to do it. Lol.

Thanks Frank and RR. The men speak the truth.

Finally, someone understands! My friends typically just call me a weirdo for driving around in a 95 pathfinder / 99 4runner when I have a new truck in the garage.

Stagman

Master
    I'm the same way, I have owned 2 new trucks and it wasn't fun because when I would get a scratch on it that only I could see it would make me sick to my stomach. I like a truck that I don't worry about scratches or dings.

Dan1612

Master
    I bought a brand new Z4 when I was 19. I'll never forget the first time I curbed the bumper. OWWW, it hurt!!!
    Nevermind that 3 years later I totaled it. All that fuss about nothing. Lol.

SAWMAN

Master
    An then there are the people that have something to sell. As stated in their add --> "to fund another project,to help their sister that has cancer,need a new car for the wife,vet bills for dog",etc,etc,blah,blah,blah. THEN ...... in their add is .... "trades accepted" ..... what the fork ????? --- SAWMAN

Gunslinger816

Marksman
    I knew an old guy back home, he'd get a brand new dodge pickup every other year. He'd drive it home, get a hammer and hit the tailgate a few times. I asked him why, his response was that now it had dents...it didn't matter after that..makes sense, I guess

Seanpcola

Still in that phase with my truck.Thankfully I still have work trucks I can use for dirty work. Now I just use mine to go back and forth to work and shopping on the weekend.

Holy shit!I just reread that last sentence. Its official, I really am turning into an old man!:tape2:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I view vehicles as tools. I'm going to use them and they're going to get scratched, dented, etc. I don't do anything to try and tear them up, but they have to serve their purpose. I think I only had my brand new Jeep about a week or two before I took it down some narrow trails and scratched it all up.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    What you do is let a friend drive your new truck and have them run over an ice chest or folding chair with it, something that will not make it new anymore!

Top Bottom