• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    Rain and more rain, I live on top of the ridge between the Yellow River and Blackwater River with about 6' of elevation from the northwest corner to the southeast corner of my place but most of the fall is in the last 150' with only 1.5' in the first 400' and my yard is overflowing even with the drainage swale's I've put in. Going to need 2 or 3 dump trucks of lime-rock or gravel to fix my driveway if it ever drys out. Come June I'll want some rain but I've had more than enough the last couple of months.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    raining pretty good now in Molino, walnut hill

the old dirt road will be mush in the am...

MarkS

Master
    I know Baker has a lot more coming our way tonight and my driveway is mush already what rock I had down has sunk in to the point of being useless.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Got my new OTF carry knife today and added it to the rest of my auto knives. I had a nice Benchmade I carried and somehow have misplaced it, pissed me off so much and knowing I would eventually find it I did not want to spend another $300 for one. Since then I have made it a quest of sorts to gather different auto's as inexpensively as possible. Flea market finds of $5 and $20 were the first, Then Kershaw and Schrade started making them and the last one I got was an OTF Lightning and clone of a well made expensive knife. My grand daughter thought the gun one was cute so she bought it for me, it is totally worthless! Came with a mini holster too...only one I have cut myself on

Anyway None were over $39 and the first in the pic is a $24 OTF. Yeah the Benchmade was a better knife but these are sharp and also if I lose one I will not cry. All have been 100% function and w my carbide sharpener I can keep them very useful!

Attachments

• 100_0202.JPG
      100_0202.JPG
      504.7 KB · Views: 152

FNHman

Marksman
    Frank, these are not autos but check out the Ganzo brand knives for a decent import that if lost will only make you cry cause you liked it, not cause it cost alot.

2016-01-21 22.58.11.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-01-21 22.58.11.jpg
      2016-01-21 22.58.11.jpg
      262.1 KB · Views: 185

madeSICC88

Master
    Some crazy ass storm last night. I usually love these big rain storms but the one last night was so windy it kept making pine cones pelt my roof like huge pieces of hail. And it kept waking my son up so we would have to rake turns calming him down.
    It was so windy I told my wife it sounded like a tornado, a minute later my alarm system starts beeping so I get up and its telling me there is a tornado warning here and then outside I here what had to of been those tornado warning sirens, do the have those here?
    It went on for like 5-10 minutes outside just blaring. I turned in the TV to see if there where any actual tornados but didn't see anything.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Frank, these are not autos but check out the Ganzo brand knives for a decent import that if lost will only make you cry cause you liked it, not cause it cost alot.

View attachment 40437

I like those but was on an auto quest, I have so many folders and fixed blades I would never need another!

rtprthd

Master
    Some crazy ass storm last night. I usually love these big rain storms but the one last night was so windy it kept making pine cones pelt my roof like huge pieces of hail. And it kept waking my son up so we would have to rake turns calming him down.
    It was so windy I told my wife it sounded like a tornado, a minute later my alarm system starts beeping so I get up and its telling me there is a tornado warning here and then outside I here what had to of been those tornado warning sirens, do the have those here?
    It went on for like 5-10 minutes outside just blaring. I turned in the TV to see if there where any actual tornados but didn't see anything.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
    It has been a long damn week at work. I apparently was out like a light last night, cuz I had no idea anything more than a little rain came thru last night till I saw your post.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

It has been a long damn week at work. I apparently was out like a light last night, cuz I had no idea anything more than a little rain came thru last night till I saw your post.

Same here exactly. Wife came home from work about 10:30 and I went to bed. This morning she mentioned how rough it was after I crashed. I never heard it but she finally told me at lunch that it blew some of the glass out of our sunroom. I spent the hour reinstalling all of it.

rtprthd

Master
    Same here exactly. Wife came home from work about 10:30 and I went to bed. This morning she mentioned how rough it was after I crashed. I never heard it but she finally told me at lunch that it blew some of the glass out of our sunroom. I spent the hour reinstalling all of it.
    Damn. Glad I had no repairs, cuz now that I'm home I'm gonna crash for an hour or two before opening the good ol' Glenlivet.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Damn. Glad I had no repairs, cuz now that I'm home I'm gonna crash for an hour or two before opening the good ol' Glenlivet.

Scotch sounds nice on a cold day like today. I may have a glass when I get home, but I've got a tough decision to make: Johnny Walker Black or Macallan 12?

rtprthd

Master
    Normally I'm a single malt guy, but I do make exceptions for Johnny. I can sure see that being a tough decision.

blackhawk

Expert
    I will drink Dickel, Crown or Wild Turkey on ice maybe some lemon. Whatever your flavor it is nice to have an drink every here and again.

Mozella

Expert
    If you like sipping scotch, try some good rum as a change of pace. I like Barbencourt Estate Reserve. It's aged 15 years and it has a very nice flavor. If you know only Barcardi White rum, you may be surprised to find the Barbencourt not all that far from Scotch actually. Different to be sure, but with the same sort of warm fuzzy feeling. Try it over a few ice cubes with a little curl of lemon peel and a splash of water.

Enjoy not only the rum, but the thoughts of what it must take to protect a huge warehouse full of rum for 15 years in the poor country, if you can call it that, of Haiti. Formed in 1804 after a slave revolt, it's been under local self-rule since than which means Haiti has always been and continues to be a heart-rending mess. The devastating earthquake didn't help things, but it did apparently help the Clinton Foundation. A Washington Free Beacon report had this to say about what Bill Clinton did to the Haitians.

"In January 2015, the Clinton Foundation was the target of protests for wasting more than $10 billion and awarding contracts to non-Haitian companies.

The activists also said Haiti was used as a cover for foreign governments to funnel kickbacks of hundreds of millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation. They believe that this was done for favors that Hillary was doing for the foreign governments while she was Secretary of State"

It's a toss up as to who did the most actual damage to Haiti, "Papa Doc" Duvalier, or "Better put some ice on that" Bill Clinton. Think about that as you sip some Estate Reserve in front of the fire.

Fletch

Master
    Just came across 3-mile bridge into at least a 20 knot wind and noticed 2 vehicles on the fishing pier.

You would have to be one hardy Fishing SOB to be out on the open water trying to catch a damn fish right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Just came across 3-mile bridge into at least a 20 knot wind and noticed 2 vehicles on the fishing pier.

You would have to be one hardy Fishing SOB to be out on the open water trying to catch a damn fish right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was a teenager I worked close to the bridge and after we closed at night myself and some of the other employees would go fishing on the bridge. There were a few nights that it got so cold that the Porta potties would be frozen. I don't think I ever caught a thing on those nights.

Top Bottom