• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

You yunguns! Been in it since 7:00 AM. Underwear soaked with sweat since 7:30. Just gives an airtight reason to drink beer when I get home from work to, you know, replenish all those vital fluids.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    You yunguns! Been in it since 7:00 AM. Underwear soaked with sweat since 7:30. Just gives an airtight reason to drink beer when I get home from work to, you know, replenish all those vital fluids.

I'm typically in it from 4:50am to 4:15pm, but I've had a bit of a reprieve since they built us an air conditioned inspection room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Nothing fun about soaking thru your drawers by 7 in the morning, unless you're in a nursing home then it's hilarious.

Snow Bird

Master
    Those early no in the am are the time I get up to pee for the third time and go back to bed......I love retirement.

Viking1204

Master

Sounds like a day working at the hunting camp!

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    How did you do that or should I ask who's the sucker you stole it from!?

Just heard the familiar jingle in the till and asked if they had any half dollars or extra quarters (gas station) they said Yes on the half dollars, so I took them off his hands.. No Harm No Foul.

BruceWayne

Expert
    I'm reading a book, Who Will Do What By When? I'm not sure what i think of it yet.

On another note, thank goodness somebody is finally going to buy Gene's MP15-22... Talk about tempting!

Seanpcola

Looked it up. Are you taking a college course that requires that book or just for yourself? Sounds like a book a lot of people could benefit from reading.

+1000000 on Gene's rifle. I have the same one and I have about $500 in it and that's without the site he has on his.

BruceWayne

Expert
    The entire managerial staff at work was required to read it a few years ago. I decided to check out the kool-aid that my bosses were drinking and I'm just shy of halfway through the book.

I enjoy shooting my mp15-22 just like it came from the factory with open sights. Although, a 1x4 or a 2x7 would make for a more precision plinker.

Seanpcola

That's because most people can't think for themselves anymore. I don't mean average guys lke on here. But, too many people are walking around clueless.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I went to a couple pawn shops and a gun shop in Saraland during lunch today.

The first pawn shop (Cash America): I walked in and a guy at the counter swept everyone in the place with a Keltec P3AT (had a trigger lock on, but I still ducked behind a shelf). I should have just left at that point, but they had something I wanted to look at. So I waited on Keltec guy to hand the gun back over to the clerk, so she could help me. Then I looked to my left and saw 7 or 8 people at the other counter waiting on her as well. About the time I decided it wasn't worth waiting (what they had wasn't exactly what I was looking for, just close), a few of the other people started yelling at each other about who was in line first. I quickened my pace to the door as the shouts got louder. What I learned: Terrible selection, not enough clerks, rowdy people = stay away.

Gun shop/indoor range (Stone Arms, previously Emerald something or another): It apparently changed hands yesterday. I walked in and the walls, counters and shelves were bare, save a few boxed of ammo behind the counter. I asked the guys if they were open, they said "yeah!" I asked where all the guns were and they told me that it will be at least a month before they get their FFL. The range was open, but no guns for a while. They are going to be a sister store to one across town.

Second pawn shop (Holley's Pawn): Nice and quiet, good selection, friendly workers. I will definitely be stopping back by there again in the future. The lady told me they had a high turnaround on guns, so I should check back in often. They had something similar to what I'm looking for and were happy to let me handle it. I'm happy to find another place to shop locally.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    This was no good without NAMES!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Thank you, helps the rest of us!

Top Bottom