• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I don't know what it is, but it seems like I can never fall asleep on the last night of vacation before I have to go back to work. I went to bed around 9:30pm last night, but ended up tossing and turning until almost 1am. Getting up at 3:30am means it's going to be a LONG day.

I have the opening scene of the rifleman in recorded in a loop and simply try counting the shots he fires from his rifle!

Viking1204

Master
    10 more minutes and I'm out the door to head home for dinner and then meet friends for some cold ones while we take in the Billy Bowlegs parade!

blackhawk

Expert
    My son and I went to a local gun shop to drop off a mount for my mauser project. While walking back to my truck "75 feet" a white van whipped into the parking lot gas station next to us and a middle aged white male jumped out ran over to us. He started asking for gas money telling us that "he needed gas to get out of here fast." He offered to let me pay for his gas and I could pump it if I did not believe him. Talking very fast and scoping out the inside of my truck. He approached the passenger side where my son was sitting down. He then put his hands on my truck and leaned too far for comfort toward in the inside of my truck. Instinct kicked in I cranked the truck and as he was leaning in I told him several times loud in a firm voice I have nothing for you. His hands were empty the windows were tinted too dark to see in his van and he left his van door open. I just drove off almost running over his feet, but I feel I did the right thing. You just never know what or when bad things can happen. It may have been innocent But I was uncomfortable. I just wanted to share.

Seanpcola

Best way to handle it hawk. I really hate to be a jerk back to someone. I always want to help if someone actually needs help, but! Nowadays too many criminals, crazies, scam artists, etc. walking around. Especially with you having your son there, just too many ways that could go South in a hurry.

I used to be the kind of guy that would get approached in a parking lot and asked for money, a ride or such and be courteous, even when the answer is no. Not anymore. I keep my head on a swivel and on more than a few occasions I've said "STOP!" before the guy could get within 25 feet or so of me. I just won't let them in close.

I made a mistake last week and glad it turned out OK. I met Belle out and took her to buy a rifle. We got back to the parking lot where she left her truck and as we sat there talking a minute with the doors open a guy (t was almost dark) slowly meandered up and came to my door asking where the nearest gas station was. I put my hand on my pistol and when he turned around I put it on the console between she and i. After it was over I felt like an idiot. I watched him approach for at least 30 seconds. I kept looking at him thinking "he looks real clean cut and just lost". I feel like I made a poor judgement call that could have put she and I in jeopardy. I will now "up my game" and won't let it happen again.

Ryan

Master
    I swear some people are stupid as hell...coming back from dropping a friend off at the airport in biloxi...it started raining extremely hard..so the car two cars in front of me decided to stop and park his car.....in the left lane of the i10. Finally decides to start going again but goes like 15 mpg even when the rain stops. Last week there was a guy getting on the I65 and must have been texting because he took a sharp right right off the on ramp. his car flipped a couple times and he wasn't wearing a seatbelt so when i got to him with another guy he was partially ejected out the driver window and couldn't feel his waist down. After seeing that I need to get a full roll cage in the Jeep because my Jeep would have been toast with the soft top.

MAXman

Master
    I try not to allow anyone that close to my car.

And Ryan, I never worried about flipping my jeep but I a: ignored the phone while driving it and b: never took it onto the interstate.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Well I took my car out for a drive today, not as far as Biloxi. but none the less it was a drive. 10 feet out of the garage and 10 feet back into it. Damn, I need to drive this thing a bit more...

Attachments

• IMG_20150608_180747_913.jpg
      IMG_20150608_180747_913.jpg
      293.3 KB · Views: 142

madeSICC88

Master
    Well I took my car out for a drive today, not as far as Biloxi. but none the less it was a drive. 10 feet out of the garage and 10 feet back into it. Damn, I need to drive this thing a bit more...

Nice. I like the newer wheels.they are off a 350z aren't they?

shootnstarz

Master
    I swear some people are stupid as hell...coming back from dropping a friend off at the airport in biloxi...it started raining extremely hard..so the car two cars in front of me decided to stop and park his car.....in the left lane of the i10. Finally decides to start going again but goes like 15 mpg even when the rain stops. Last week there was a guy getting on the I65 and must have been texting because he took a sharp right right off the on ramp. his car flipped a couple times and he wasn't wearing a seatbelt so when i got to him with another guy he was partially ejected out the driver window and couldn't feel his waist down. After seeing that I need to get a full roll cage in the Jeep because my Jeep would have been toast with the soft top.

I got run off the road again Monday, jackass from Mississippi pulls out in front of me going oh so slow and when I tried to go around they decided a quick lane change was in order.

You really need to be on your toes around here, idiots are everywhere.

RH

MAXman

Master
    Hey lineman, heard San Francisco lost power due to a squirrel. Still think it's coincidence?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Hey commies and terrorists are tossing squirrels onto power lines to attack us!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Holy fuck these thunderstorms feel like my windows are about to implode. Its nuts

It was like that at my house at 3:15am this morning. Rain was absolutely pelting the windows and lightning was popping about every 10 seconds.

Edit: And my wife just texted me and said that the thunder is shaking the windows and doors of our house and it sounds like bombs.

Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    Yea its nuts. I was sitting here on my couch watching a YouTube video and it made my back door crack like it was being kicked down. Made me jump.

Viking1204

Master
    Sucks, storms weakened considerably as they moved East and looks like we'll just get some very light rain. I was hoping for a good downpour!

Top Bottom