• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    soon as i left for work my wife texted the power was out. i am at work now. the fpl outage map isnt as good as the old gulf power outage map

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Left water dripping overnight, got up around 4 to make breakfast & coffee. I turned the water off and it was frozen by 6am, didn't start flowing until 10:30. I had turned on the heat lamp in my well house & turned off all the valves except the one going to the house. Just hoping we don't get a hard freeze, my old bones don't like it.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Working with a utility company I had no choice but to be out in it, 16 degrees was very tolerable with enough clothing on, bad thing is getting too warm and the need to pull layers off , in my case I find I’m better off working outside and being just a little bit cold rather than working up a frenzy and getting too hot , that’s when you’ll get sick taking off clothes and your shirt and under garments are damp with sweat. Not my favorite temps to work in, I much prefer the mid 30’s with no wind !

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I learned a couple tricks to winter survival during SERE training in the Cascade Mountains in February. One is to cover your feet in underarm deodorant before putting your socks on and a folded up piece of aluminum foil inside your Ranger type cap. Sounds crazy but it does work!

*This was before the Gortex outerwear and polypropolene underwear that is now available.

Top Bottom