• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combatcarl43

Expert
    This happened a few weeks back I just forgot to update. Ordered 2 Cans back in October, and then another from Gulf Coast Guns a few weeks ago. 1 Week later. Get notified of First can Approval, as I'm filling out the Paperwork I get the second notification. OMG!!
    Then as I'm driving home.. The Third Can comes through.. CANSTRAVAGANZA!

So to Sum up.
    1st two Cans October--July.
    3rd Can less than 1 week.

streamylc

Nobody
    GCGF Supporter
    05/10/23 - Form 1 submitted

07/20/23 - Form 4 submitted

[Called the ATF twice earlier this year, and ended up waiting on hold for over 10 hours just to get told they were still in the hands of NICS at the FBI]

07/25/24 - Went to Matt Gaetz's website and filled out two Casework Authorization forms. Physically went to his district office (you don't NEED to, but it was an awesome experience), and filled out a Consent To Disclose form.

07/31/24 ~ ATF & NICS confirm recieving congressional requests.

08/12/24 - Both Form 1 & 4 approved within an hour of eachother at 9am.

Form 1 = 1 year, 3 months, and 2 days
    Form 4 = 1 year and 23 days

Thank God for Congressional representatives, considering I was told by the ATF that there is no way for a citizen to contact NICS. My Forms could've sat collecting dust for another year... pretty sure they legitimately "misplaced" my paperwork at the FBI (I wouldn't be surprised if it were intentional in some way, TBH)

Anyways:
    1000006915.jpg

m4a1sof

Expert
    If you consider 110 days quick I did. I submitted it on a trust in April. Compared to what they used to take, I considered it quick :rolleyes:.

hunter01

Master
    I just got my first one it took 6 business days, usually the first is a little longer. On the 5th business day I called the shop to find out my status and it was still pending. Did some research and found an email address to the NICS liason. Sent an email to them with my information, my control number and serial number. Also explained I was just inquiring as to what my status was and if any further information was needed. Within an hour I got a generic email back from them stating the usual nonsense. Next morning before 9 it was approved, call it a fluke I don't know. But supposedly the email address had worked for others that were waiting for a while. Mine was as an individual.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I just got my first one it took 6 business days, usually the first is a little longer. On the 5th business day I called the shop to find out my status and it was still pending. Did some research and found an email address to the NICS liason. Sent an email to them with my information, my control number and serial number. Also explained I was just inquiring as to what my status was and if any further information was needed. Within an hour I got a generic email back from them stating the usual nonsense. Next morning before 9 it was approved, call it a fluke I don't know. But supposedly the email address had worked for others that were waiting for a while. Mine was as an individual.
    When I got mine there was 0 info available online, then bingo, approved. Never showed pending, even submitted or anything. Individual- 5 days. :)-pew,pew. Loving the switchback.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    What can did you get? .22 , 30 cal?

Drcrimson

Shooter
    Certified on early afternoon on Friday Sept 6. Approved just after noon on Tuesday Sept 10. <2 business days. Individual form 4 for an RC2.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom