• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I sent my in due to not not knowing what the legal ramifications would be if I ever had to shoot somebody with it.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They are getting the turnaround time down to a decent level. Still not sure I want to send mine in.

that was one of the many subjects Sean and I talked about last weekend.
    mine performs fine and cycles flawless with no un-ordered DT's or FU's
    i'm around 600 thru mine and my son has maybe 200 with his.
    neither have had any problems.

maybe after turkey season we might send ours in.....maybe

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah John, I was discussing the recall with a guy yesterday that's thinking about buying one. He didn't know about the DT issue but he agreed. Is that a bad thing?

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah John, I was discussing the recall with a guy yesterday that's thinking about buying one. He didn't know about the DT issue but he agreed. Is that a bad thing?

from what I have read, the DT issue has been from using 45acp snake-shot and "poor quality ammo"

I have not heard of any failures from properly handloaded ammo but, that don't mean it hasn't happened.

SA says its not an ammo issue anyway.

will he be purchasing one new or used ?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Double tap... and flare ups maybe :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    double tap is right........fu's are just as it sounds.....f@#k ups

I don't know what "habla" is either.....back is dry:ear:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    John, he didn't say whether he was going new or used. Probably depends on what's available when he goes to buy it. I told him if it was new he would most likely get one not in the recall series but I need to get him the serial number range I guess so he'll know for sure.

Are they still giving a free mag with the upgrade? If so I may send mine off in the next week or two.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have tried to get fedex to drop off stuff at the post office that needs signatures for delivery... and they plain won't do it !!
    and I have asked SA if they can send it to my ffl.... and they said it has got to ship back to owners address....
    if they could send it usps, my neighbor is the local carrier in this area and would hold it til I got home in the evenings.

SA only returns using fedex..... and there usual route here is during my work hours.
    they do delivery on Saturdays but, with no guarantee of scheduled saturday delivery !!!

so, one day I will send mine in for there convenience:hail:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well...picked mine up today. Same condition as I sent it, didn't clean it after a range session and appears they didn't either. Maybe just from the test firing. Trigger seems a bit tighter but not too noticeable. All and all, a month without it and a free mag...not too bad. I'll try to get a few rounds thru it in the next couple days. I'd be willing to bet there's not much change at all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It has been a while since I shot the XDS so I am not sure if the pull weight was much different. It was between 6 & 6.5lbs. What I really did not like was the mushy/gritty break.

I spent 2 hrs fooling around, polishing, sanding (1200 grit) & even bending a spring. On the positive side I now think its better then I remember. It was annoying but worth it. On an electronic fish scale it is a clean 4.5lbs. It took me a while to fix it because I was adjusting little by little tell I was able to get rid of the grittiness. I actually had to get pretty aggressive to get it right but it can be done.

I think my trigger bar & what would be called the connecter on a glock was out of spec. I also found my trigger bar was rubbing on the bottom of the locking block. This is just my ignorant opinion so it would be best to have a professional fix it.

Now its time to hit the range & put it threw its paces.

Joe

Last edited:

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One week turn around on my XDS
    I sent another XDS last week, shipped on 3/1, Received at Springfield on 3/3, Return shipped on 3/6, Due to received today 3/10.
    Looks like they are caught up.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I sold my post recall Xds and bought a new one to skip the line..now the Xds 4.0 is out and I'm looking hard at it

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I sold my post recall Xds and bought a new one to skip the line..now the Xds 4.0 is out and I'm looking hard at it

I bought a 4.0. Really liked it, but so did a buddy, so I let him have it. It feels really balanced. There's something very 9mm 1911 about the way it shoots, weird but true and awesome. Beaux at Specialty Pawn gave me a great deal, as always.
    u9ezysym.jpg

I'll be picking up another as soon as the funds allow.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was there that much of a noticeable difference. Someone said they felt like they were shooting a single stack g19

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Was there that much of a noticeable difference. Someone said they felt like they were shooting a single stack g19

I don't have but a couple of hundred rounds behind a g19 with no sights (don't ask), but I'd say, no. The grip angle is correct and it felt less flippy (technical term, I know). I think it's from the weight upfront compared to the rest of the distribution.
    The real value I see us in it being able to convert from soft shooting almost full size range gun, to CCW almost subcompact EDC gun. It's brilliant! Hopefully they'll come out with a 45. Beaux has them, go fondle one. You'll be impressed at how much of a difference 3/4 inch makes in just handling, not to mention shooting. It's kinda like how Bill Wilson hung a weight in front of his 1911 by excuse of a compensator back in the day, same concept as far as weight distribution.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You have me sold. I was hoping for a 45 version but I'll pick one up. Just have to sell another Xds again. I prefer Springfield for the grip safety it's not a thumb safety but gives me that peace of mind.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    You have me sold. I was hoping for a 45 version but I'll pick one up. Just have to sell another Xds again. I prefer Springfield for the grip safety it's not a thumb safety but gives me that peace of mind.

Exactly! I love the grip safety too. I still put my thumbs where the imaginary thumb safety is to keep in line with my training though.

Top Bottom