• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JPO

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone had any other issues with there 45? Got mine out of the truck the other day to shoot a few rounds and its almost as if it was froze up it wont dry fire and it wont let me break it down. Ive tried with the clip in and out, also shot a little oil on it. The slide operates just fine but whatever the case is I am having issues with it and was highly upset since i bought the gun new only about 5 months ago. Less then 50 rounds through it? Any suggestions would be appreciated..

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    is it one they asked you to send back? All this talk I sure will not be in the market for one of these and here I thought it was a reliable weapon...good luck.

bayonet_53

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Latest update stated they have isolated the problem, and have tested their solution. They will begin repairs starting next week, and should start shipping back on a first received first repaired system. They are also sending an extended mag back with the "repaired" XDS.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is it normal for gun companies to recall a gun/parts & replace them without telling you what parts.

I do like my XDS & never had a problem with it but the secrecy part is annoying me. A free mag is nice but only if I do not have to pay for shipping my gun back to them.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    They better like it because it is what it is and how else are they going to get ALL guns turned in before they are sued for an accident.. Most manufactures have had an issue or 2, this too shall pass. It will either make them stronger or stagnant. I think they have handled it as well as they could. I will not be buying a USED one without the fix.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hopefully that guys review is right & it improved the trigger pull. I can tell you if it does not shoot just as well it it did before I will sell mine. I shoot the xds more accurately then any cc pistol I have tried besides the larger g 26. I like to have my cake & eat it too. Small & accurate.

I found a extended mag for the 9mm at academy the other day so keep you eye out if you want one.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It will take more than one review for me to send mine in. Supposedly SA is going to add estimated turnaround times to their website. Pending more reviews and get the turnaround down to 3 weeks or so, then I'll think about it.

I am not afraid of the slam fire because I am anal about where it's pointed when I drop the slide. I'm not worried about a unintentional double tap. In the right circumstances it could be a good thing. :playball:

YMMV

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It will take more than one review for me to send mine in. Supposedly SA is going to add estimated turnaround times to their website. Pending more reviews and get the turnaround down to 3 weeks or so, then I'll think about it.

I am not afraid of the slam fire because I am anal about where it's pointed when I drop the slide. I'm not worried about a unintentional double tap. In the right circumstances it could be a good thing.
    :playball:

YMMV

My thoughts here. ^^^^^ If other reviewers come up and say that they think there is definite improvements then I'll send mine in when the turnaround is reasonable.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    when the turnaround slows down ill send mine in. You get a free extended magazine back with it too.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I still haven't seen an explanation of what exactly the safety issue is - that they are "fixing". Mine runs fine - even with 45 Super - so I think I'll just hang onto it, free magazine or not.

hukdizzle

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I still haven't seen an explanation of what exactly the safety issue is - that they are "fixing". Mine runs fine - even with 45 Super - so I think I'll just hang onto it, free magazine or not.

Watch the video above for a explanation of the problem.

I will send mine in when the turn around time goes down, for now I have no issues with it.

Last edited:

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the link Diz.

Looks like it has nothing to do with the supposed automatic fire. It's just not resetting the trigger if the grip safety is not depressed. That seems like less of an issue in some ways. If you do not have the grip safety depressed it will not fire so the trigger not resetting is not a big deal. Not sure how you could shoot the gun & before the slide cycles remove your hand from the grip safety.

Still have the possibility of accidental discharge when chambering a round. I will send mine in sometime soon.

Nice to at least know what the issue is.

Last edited:

hukdizzle

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the link Diz.

Looks like has nothing to do with the supposed automatic fire. It's just not resetting the trigger if the grip safety is not depressed. That seems like like less of an issue in some ways. If you do not have the grip safety depressed it will not fire so the trigger not resetting is not a big deal. It looked like as soon as he depressed the grip safety it reset & you could fire it.

Still have the possibility of accidental discharge when chambering a round. I will send mine in sometime soon.

I think the problem here is that with the free floating striker you could potentially ignite a round if for some reason the slide is slingshotted or allowed forward by disengaging the slide lock WHILE the trigger is in the rearward position AND the grip safety is not engaged. If the trigger is locked in the rearward position it's disengaging the striker safety and allowing the striker to carry it's momentum forward into the battery potentially enough to strike a primer and ignite the round. It's an issue but not one that I ever see my self actually being engaged in due to how I handle my handguns. I am not saying that I am infallible or mr perfect safety at all or that I will never ever have an accident (I damn sure hope I don't ever have an ND or AD and exercise safety as my first priority at all times), I am just saying that my only handguns have been SA XD series pistols and they will NOT allow the slide to be racked without engaging the grip safety so I have learned to only manipulate the slide if my strong hand is fully gripping the pistol which will be engaging the grip safety. If i maintain this type of discipline with the XDS then it will reset the trigger EVERY time because I am always engaging the grip safety during slide manipulation.

Don't get me wrong, I will eventually send my pistol in and would PREFER it to be completely safe from design malfunction which could cause an AD. But as of now I still trust my XDS with my life and will continue to carry it until I decide to send it to SA to have it worked over.

Last edited:

Giortire

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got mine back today. It was actually at SA for an extractor replacement, when the recall was posted. The trigger seems to be the same or very close to what it was before. It seems even a bit smoother, if a bit heavier, but these are so slight I might be imagining it. The break is very crisp and reset is smooth.
    I will be at the range tomorrow, and see how it performs.

hukdizzle

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got mine back today. It was actually at SA for an extractor replacement, when the recall was posted. The trigger seems to be the same or very close to what it was before. It seems even a bit smoother, if a bit heavier, but these are so slight I might be imagining it. The break is very crisp and reset is smooth.
    I will be at the range tomorrow, and see how it performs.

From what I have been reading that appears to be the consensus from everyone who has had their hands on an upgraded XDS. Trigger is reportedly heavier but is smoother and actually almost everyone has reported shooting their gun better than they did before. I have done quite a bit of polishing on the trigger components of my XDS and also has a PRP spring kit in it so I am pretty interested to see how one which has been upgraded feels compared to mine.

Top Bottom